Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

248K views 5K replies 100 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
#2,135 ·
I think that's smart. There's definitely a relationship between the two, and the progression from psych to med school is sensible. Best of luck regardless of what you choose :yeah:

And PS I changed my major four times before I finally felt like I had the right one. Don't worry too much.

#2,132 ·
Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating it!

Just got back from having Chinese food and seeing Les Mis like all the other Jews of America :lol:. There were moments of the movie that were wonderful, and there were moments that made me wanna punch somebody. That person is Amanda Seyfried. There wasn't enough Anne and there was a bit too much Hugh, but other than that, it was good enough!

#2,134 ·
^YES. Loved it. Even though so much of it wasn't in the book, all the added material didn't take away from the original plot. Really really enjoyed it!

#2,145 ·

The rules apply to mortals exclusively, an ultimate sovereign like myself is untouched by the TF constitution. My Royal Prerogative Powers have no limits. Not that you know the rules as seen as having a GIF in your signature. FYI the rep was just a bluff, I did not report you. Basically, if the system allows you to upload/use the image you can till the mods notice and ask you to remove it. :)

#2,147 ·
Светльо;22627875 said:

The rules apply to mortals exclusively, an ultimate sovereign like myself is untouched by the TF constitution. My Royal Prerogative Powers have no limits. Not that you know the rules as seen as having a GIF in your signature. FYI the rep was just a bluff, I did not report you. Basically, if the system allows you to upload/use the image you can till the mods notice and ask you to remove it. :)
Who's the weird broad in those gifs you keep using?

And I removed the gif from my sig because I was asked to, not because of your rep.

#2,148 ·
Copying my font. :awww: You would make a good minion if not for that repulsive love you have for that vile demon which tremendously excels your devotion to Императрица Мария. Even the fact that your favourite artist is Katy Perry could have been overlooked but being a devotee of The Shrieking Demon is unforgivable!

Who's the weird broad in those gifs you keep using?

The Evil Queen from Once Upon A Time.

And I removed the gif from my sig because I was asked to, not because of your rep.
Erm, obviously. However, have I reported you would have been asked to do so within hours.

#2,149 · (Edited)
I wonder if you're a shady bitch in real life too or is this a persona thing you've got going on? I mean we already know the second you enter TF your penis concaves into itself forming a vagina so..... :confused:

#2,152 ·
Светльо;22628030 said:
Copying my font. :awww: You would make a good minion if not for that repulsive love you have for that vile demon which tremendously excels your devotion to Императрица Мария. Even the fact that your favourite artist is Katy Perry could have been overlooked but being a devotee of The Shrieking Demon is unforgivable!

The Evil Queen from Once Upon A Time.

Erm, obviously. However, have I reported you would have been asked to do so within hours.
But like answer my question please, why do some people have huge pics in their sig now (including you)? :lol:

#2,155 ·
What is it with all of these arguments among our very own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.