Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

248K views 5K replies 100 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
#2,046 ·
With Caro on 28th in Seoul. :lol:

I really want to her to hit her BH DTL more, don't even want to think of the points it's cost her during her Vika matches this year. :eek:
It's the most deadly shot in that match-up.

I'm gonna watch this one in full because some of the guys was saying here that she changed her FH motion slightly, it has more snap of the wrist or something. So I want to see it in action. Couldn't really gage anything from the highlights vid of the Brazil exho.

#2,052 ·
ugh! im angry. so me and my friend went to the movies together and on our way out we walked past a car and a guy was sitting in it and he said to me "fucking *** got". I was just like "yes i already knew that". Im not upset only angry i just think people need to worry about themselves and not others :fiery:

Reactions: BlueTrees
#2,055 ·
Those people clearly aren't comfortable within themselves which is why they act like c*nts. When that happens just be like " Yes so? You will...

:lol:

#2,056 ·
hahaha im so saying that next time!

Hey so I dont know if any of you guys use these websites, but my friends boyfriend (now ex) has apparently been going on Craigslist and websites like that, finding gay guys and then trying to set up meetings where he brings his friends and beats them up and steals their money. I was so shocked when I found out, I didn't even know what to think. My friend didn't see it coming, and I honestly didn't think people out there were so disgusting. I hope if any of you meet people through the internet you take caution, I'd hate to think that someone on here (or anyone really) would get attacked like that. I think we have to report him to the police as well I just am honestly so shocked.
Wow thats fucked up, what is wrong with people!

This post has been deleted
#2,065 ·
First of all, Mashabator, I'm sorry for what happened to you. Some people are so uncivilised. How can one bear the fact of going around and insulting people for no specific reason. I mean, how could you look yourself in the mirror afterwards? :eek:

Secondly, Mark, that's quite a crazy situation. I don't think I've ever heard of a thing like this. Do you have proofs that he really beat up guys and stole their money? Maybe, he's still in the closet and he made up a stupid excuse after getting caught? Or maybe he's just a criminal, which is scary :hysteric:

#2,067 ·
First of all, Mashabator, I'm sorry for what happened to you. Some people are so uncivilised. How can one bear the fact of going around and insulting people for no specific reason. I mean, how could you look yourself in the mirror afterwards? :eek:

Secondly, Mark, that's quite a crazy situation. I don't think I've ever heard of a thing like this. Do you have proofs that he really beat up guys and stole their money? Maybe, he's still in the closet and he made up a stupid excuse after getting caught? Or maybe he's just a criminal, which is scary :hysteric:
I have to say this was my first thought, that it's just an excuse he made up so that he didn't have to admit he was actually hooking up with these guys.

#2,066 ·
She must be so scared! :help: But she needs to be careful! If she intends to call the police or do something about this situation, he doesn't have to know a thing, otherwise he may end up being violent with her as well :tape:

#2,071 ·
Светльо;22618711 said:

What is up with the new name? Is is like pastry with a reference to Babyfat? I liked the Hungarian word way more not that I had an idea what it means but it looks beautiful.

I am so being crowned TWAT Princess and you all better vote!
I liked Tekjlermarjarke too :tears:

You have my vote for TWAT princess ;)

#2,072 ·
Светльо;22618711 said:
What is up with the new name? Is is like pastry with a reference to Babyfat? I liked the Hungarian word way more not that I had an idea what it means but it looks beautiful.
Needed months to come up with something fairly suitable... and got figured out in 5min. FML.

If it looks beautiful we better dont ruin the moment telling what it really means.
I liked Tekjlermarjarke too :tears:
Then it will certainly come back after Babyfat wins her first slam next year.

#2,075 ·
Светльо;22618711 said:
It ain't happening. I know that all of us perform voodoo, black magic & sacrifice praying for it to happen. Even though I am The Evil Queen and I am pretty much expert in those black arts some things are not meant to happen no matter what.
Bitch, this comment had better act as a reverse-jinx just like when you said you didn't have a shred of hope she'd win another slam :lol: :p

#2,077 ·
:unsure:
@Mashabator, that fucking sucks. What I find most amusing now though is that most straight guys actually follow the gay fashion trends so to bash someone for their outfit choice these days is even more pathetic that it ever was.

and @Mark that is fucked up as well. Like others have said I hope it's just a BS story to keep his essing of the D habits on the dl. I'm not sure why anyone would even make an excuse like that up though.

#2,078 · (Edited)
I don't think being #1 had a lot to do with the results, at least not lately.

Think about it:

Stints 1 & 2 in 2005: injured, barely played. Got to #1 basically because Davenport (who was also injured) had a ton of USOS points to defend from the previous season.
Stint 3 in 2007: Shoulder, hamstring injuries. She blew a 64 31 lead against Zvonareva at IW for crying out loud :lol:
Stint 4 in 2008: Only had it for 3 weeks (aka 1 tournament: Paris) and her shoulder was already broken by this point. This was the only scenario where she didn't have as legit an injury excuse seeing how she still played pretty well in her FO loss to Safina
Stint 5 in 2012: Again, only played 1 tourney while ranked #1 - Wimbledon - and was clearly emotionally fried from Paris (IMO at least, plus Lisicki brings out the worst in her)

#2,079 ·
Well that's the only scenario where she could have it, I mean Serena will surely have it after Miami if not AO if she continues playing the way she has. The only place where Maria is going to gain points is Wimbledon/USO series, even if Vika starts flopping (unlikely) there's still Serena who can likely only gain. And although it's unlikely Serena will win RG I doubt she'll flop as fantastically again.

Maria's shot at getting #1 will be during the Summer or YE. Although of course nobody knows how anything will work out, that's why we watch.

#2,092 ·
Just saw this and HELL TO THE NO!!!! It's someone that's obviously :coocoo: to open a youtube account using my actual name and upload the same type of videos. Even commenting on my actual videos also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.