Tennis Forum banner

Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT.

26K views 427 replies 64 participants last post by  jameshazza 
#1 · (Edited)
Brisbane - Masha vs the top players (Dec 30)

Brisbane International

Her chances in another clash with S. Williams and/or V. Azarenka?

#368 ·
‎Maria Sharapova believes she'll be ready for AO2013, despite the injury that's forced her out of Brisbane International

#370 ·
Yeah, maybe I am overreating and being melodramatic, but I had a premonition that Maria would have an injury plagued 2013. Since her shoulder finally gave out on her in 2008, she really has been extremely healthy for the past 4 years, with the exception of an ankle or illness here and there. It just felt like her luck was about the run out.

And the fact that this withdrawal is in the shoulder area just ups the anxiety and worry. Let's face it, if she loses that shoulder again to a severe injury, it's over. Career done. She's not going through that rehab again.:scared:

Maybe it is precautionary in the end, but this is very ominous on the first day of 2013.

#377 ·
Yeah, maybe I am overreating and being melodramatic, but I had a premonition that Maria would have an injury plagued 2013. Since her shoulder finally gave out on her in 2008, she really has been extremely healthy for the past 4 years, with the exception of an ankle or illness here and there. It just felt like her luck was about the run out.

And the fact that this withdrawal is in the shoulder area just ups the anxiety and worry. Let's face it, if she loses that shoulder again to a severe injury, it's over. Career done. She's not going through that rehab again.:scared:

Maybe it is precautionary in the end, but this is very ominous on the first day of 2013
ANd the new pessimist award goes to Mexicola :rolleyes:

Please be ready for AO. :awww:

On a side note, Mashafan01 has 3/3, tournaments Maria withdrew from/tournament threads she started. :sobbing:
:help:

#373 ·
Please be ready for AO. :awww:

On a side note, Mashafan01 has 3/3, tournaments Maria withdrew from/tournament threads she started. :sobbing:

#379 ·
:hug: to everyone.

That sucks to wake up to this news... (and hang over lmao oops) but yes i really hope she will be alright. It sucks because it is a new season, and we have no clue about her game and her fitness. It has to be a precaution, RIGHT ??!

#382 ·
Well, after watching her press conference, I am calming down. It seems that annoying injury is almost gone. She stated a couple of times she feels much better now. She will be fine.

And here is a little comparison how she practiced the first and the last days in Brisbane. I think the difference is obvious.

The first one
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSnYQnLlPeE

The last one
www.youtube.com/watch?v=748tYRHR0CE

#387 ·
I'm actually worried, just hearing it's near the shoulder is freaking me out.
I hope she'll be ready to play and will be completely healthy, which is still the most important thing for me.

And forget about it guys, she won't ask for a Sydney wildcard, she never does.

#389 ·
I would like to add that I'm not worried about her lack of matches though. She never seemed like the type of player that needed many matches to get ready for events such as Slams.

#391 ·
I'm just worried about her being healthy :sad: please please Maria be ok about health :crying2:, everything else will be ok eventually.

#397 ·
I'm a bit worried about this. Any shoulder related injury is reason for concern. And even if it won't have any long term consequences, it's bound to interfere with her preperation for the AO. Everyone else is having what for them is the ideal preperation while Maria will have no matches under her belt and will only be able to train at less than a 100%. Not a good way to start the year by any means. :( Let's hope for a soft draw in the first couple of rounds at the AO so that she'll get some time to work herself into the tournament.

#400 ·
I'm not really worried about her not having matches under her belt, of course it would be better but she proved other times that she can get into a big tournament anyway. What I absolutely want is that she's physically fine and I hope it's true when she said she's feeling so much better.

#401 ·
Really nervous tbh. I mean, yes, she says she's not in danger of missing the AO, but, with all due respect to the Queen, didn't she say the same thing about Brisbane? :unsure:

Plus, she could potentially draw the likes of Venus/Robson/Kuznetsova in the 1st round of the AO and have to play them without any prep whatsoever. :scared:

#403 ·
NOT AGAIN.

Really nervous tbh. I mean, yes, she says she's not in danger of missing the AO, but, with all due respect to the Queen, didn't she say the same thing about Brisbane? :unsure:

Plus, she could potentially draw the likes of Venus/Robson/Kuznetsova in the 1st round of the AO and have to play them without any prep whatsoever. :scared:
You have been preaching that she is doomed so no. Not to mention that she will be seeded. Kuznetsova lost to a girl named Kiki & Robson was slayed by Niculescu so I think that Maria should not fear them but her health.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.