#9 Victoria Azarenka
On court: $6.7 million
Off court: $3 million
Total earnings: $9.7 million

#10 Andy Roddick
On court: $0.8 million
Off court: $8million
Total earnings: $8.8 million

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...st-of-the-worlds-highest-paid-tennis-players/

See less See more
#4 ·
I really was shocked by Azarenka's off-court endorsements . Never thought it could be that small (comparatively)

#3 ·
How in earth does laborz make 11million off court? Compeed and turkish airways cant pay that much!

#7 ·
Turkish Airways - 1mln annually + Yonex, Compeed and Oriflame(contract for 10mln), Adidas , some Danish companies + underwear line , and this list is not even 40% of her endorsements

#8 ·
Does Vika have a sponsorship with an electronics brand? She should if she doesn't, she'd be great for headphones and audio advertising.

#17 ·
Two words: Coke + Snickers, it has to happen...

Honestly though, I don't think anybody needs to feel sorry for her, she's making most of her money by doing what her job is - Playing tennis and being great at it.

I sure wish Caro would make less on endorsements and more on wins, as a fan I don't cheer for my players to get rich but to be successful.

With that being said, I have to wonder how up to date this list is. Vika has signed a bunch of deals lately, Citizen for example.

#11 ·
+ participation fees? + exhibition (vs Masha)

#55 ·
I know. Let's hold a telethon for them.

#57 ·
Masha won her first Slam in summer 2004, her earnings in 2005 were 18,2 mln USD

Li Na - earnings 18,4 mln USD

Azarenka - 9,7 mln (and main part - prize money)

What is more, I haven't heard much about new contracts Vika was concluding this year ....

But I've heard about Masha's deals with Samsung , Caroline's with JBS (underwear), Li Na with Daimler etc

AS for Exhibitions , Federer and Nadal won't bother unless 1 mln is paid. Same for Masha and Rena....

#30 ·
The on, off-court breakdown is pretty interesting. I don't think there is anything that surprising here though. It always takes a few years for your off court earnings to be reflected from your results. The opposite is true too at the end of your career (eg. Roddick). Djokovic's, Murray's, Azarenka's off court earnings will likely massively increase in the next few years. If Wozniacki were not to get back to top 5 in say next 2 seasons you would probably see a big drop off in her off court earnings in a couple of years.

#35 ·
Sergio Tacchini dumped everyone they had to pay Djokovic then they couldn't pay him or something hence he is now with Uniqlo.

Hardly a shock a non slam winner (Woz) earning more than slam winner (Vika) the whole 1997-2001 WTA was like this. Kournikova was whipping everyone's ass in the earnings category. Sure Woz is no Anna but this isn't a new phenomenon.

#36 ·
Vika's money is still to come. Her agent, Meilen I believe, didn't strike at the right time I guess. The narrative by the French, Wimbledon, and the US Open shifted away from her, and so did the attention

And I'm shocked Ana isn't on this list. I assumed she wouldn't sign anything that expected too much of her for the payout

#37 ·
50 mln for Federer :hysteric:

Tipsarevic should complain again. Even Wozniacki earns more than him :oh: Well, I guess even Jankovic earn more than him.

#42 ·
Azarenka should get a headphone sponsorship, that's a given.
Djokovic can't get that much money because Federer and Nadal overshadow everyone.

Wozniacki's earning will drop in 2013 but she appears to be popular given all the exhibitions she'll play during the off-season.

If Li, Roddick and Murray were from Ukraine, they wouldn't be on the list, let's be honest.

#46 ·
4 millions and you have to play Tsonga and Federer? That's not economically viable.
Plus Maria and Serena's agent must be asking for a lot more than the two other ones.

Federer ask one million to go play MM, there's no way Wozniacki and Azarenka ask for the same.

#58 ·
Wow, Roddick still in the Top 10 :worship::hearts: Higher than Venus :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.