Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Raymond cheering thread

251K views 5K replies 57 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
why doesn't she have a forum/thread of her own? she is one of the highest ranked americans. and she has played well this year. players ranked lower than her get there own ones so why shouldn't lisa?

#3,839 ·
I can try, but the accuracy of my comments will also depend whether I can find a stream online or not.... but I can try....;)

#3,840 ·
Play suspended in IW.... still one match to be played before... and what a match: Nadal-Federer! I guess it is raining there?

#3,843 ·
1-0. Liezel holds to 30.
1-1. Vesnina holds to 15.
2-1. Lisa holds to 30.
3-1. Mirza broken to 15.
4-1. Liezel holds from 0-40 down, winning on Deciding Point.
4-2. Vesnina holds to love.
5-2. Lisa holds from 15-40 down, winning on Deciding Point.
6-2. Mirza broken to 30.

:cheer: Win the 2nd set just as easy, please.

#3,844 ·
1-0. Liezel holds from 30-40 down, winning on Deciding Point.
2-0. Vesnina broken to 30.
2-1. Lisa broken to 30.
2-2. Mirza holds to 15.
3-2. Liezel holds to 15.
4-2. Vesnina broken to 15.
5-2. Lisa holds to 30.
5-3. Mirza holds to 30.
6-3. Liezel holds to 30.

6-2 6-3. First IW for Liezel, record 7th for Lisa:cheer: Same scoreline as Dubai:lol:

Some good stats: saved 10 of 11 break points, won nearly half of the points on Mirza/Vesnina's serves games, 75% of points won on first serves. Also, won 4 of 8 break points, which is an improvement from earlier in week.

#3,845 ·
Premier and Higher Events Liezel Hasn't Won: Brisbane, Indian Wells, Stuttgart, Brussels, Roland Garros, Olympics, New Haven, Beijing.

Premier and Higher Events Lisa Hasn't Won: Brisbane, Madrid, Brussels, Olympics, Cincinnati, Beijing.

Indian Wells off the list for Liezel. The big goals now are Madrid, Roland Garros, Olympics, Cincy, Beijing for missing titles.

Who cares about Brisbane, Stuttgart, Brussels, New Haven? Not them since they aren't going to be playing any of them this season:lol:

#3,850 ·
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

It was too late for me to follow it live, but getting the good news as you get up is priceless!

4th in a row, wow! Well done, Lisa/Liezel! :wavey:

#3,851 ·
http://www.wtatennis.com/doublesnews/20120318/huber-raymond-conquer-indian-wells_2256567_2664100

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond extended their win streak to 16 matches and four tournaments on Saturday, cruising past Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina in the final of the BNP Paribas Open, 62 63.

Having swept Premier-level titles at Paris, Doha and Dubai in February, Huber and Raymond kept it going as the top seeds at Indian Wells, surviving some adversity early on - they saved two match points to beat Marina Erakovic and Monica Niculescu in the second round - but finishing strong, crushing Iveta Benesova and Barbora Zahlavova Strycova in the semifinals, 61 62, then winning nearly as easily against No.2 seeds Mirza and Vesnina.

"Right now we're just playing well," Raymond said. "When we step on the court we feel the other team is going to have to play really well to beat us, whether or not there are tough conditions. We've proven that over the past few weeks. And even if anyone ever thinks we're down and out, we'll find a way to win."

"If we're ever having a bad moment we try to keep it as short as possible," Huber said. "Like if I've made an error or two errors, I know it's not permanent, just take two minutes, forgive yourself and move on. Just think of the next game.

"Our run has been unbelievable - we've come close to losing at times, but we've worked very hard, and the hard work has been showing in our great results."

Raymond has now won the Indian Wells doubles title seven times, and with four different partners (three times with Lindsay Davenport, twice with Samantha Stosur and once each with Rennae Stubbs and Huber). For Huber the title was even more meaningful - it was her very first time winning this tournament.

"I've never even played on center court here before!" Huber beamed. "I had never really made it out of the early rounds before this. It's just amazing, this is an amazing tournament and the people here are so supportive of doubles."

"I love playing here," Raymond added. "The conditions really suit my game and the fans come out and support doubles a lot. It means so much to us. There's nothing like playing in front of a big crowd - they definitely helped us this week."

Huber and Raymond now have eight WTA titles since joining last April, four in 2011 (Toronto, US Open, Tokyo, WTA Championships) and four so far in 2012.

Huber now has 52 WTA doubles titles to her name, placing her at No.15 on the Open Era list; Raymond now has 78 WTA doubles titles, putting her at No.6 (and just two behind the No.5 player in the list, Natasha Zvereva, who has 80).

#3,853 ·
I am loving this winning streak :dance: Is it closing in on Lisa's or Liezel's best ever yet?

Did Lisa really get to 22 with Lindsay cause I can't think when that would have happened? :scratch:

Even more satisfying to now be beating this team, they should never have had such difficulty against them. RG is a one time ago but still annoys me! :lol:

Make it a 4th IW-Miami double Lisa :hearts:

#3,860 · (Edited)
Liezel's was back in 2007, from the first round of AO up to the final of Miami :)sad:): AO 6 matches + Paris 4 matches + Antwerp 4 matches + Dubai 4 matches + Miami 4 matches = 22 matches ;)

About losing to Mirza and Vesnina in Paris: Liezel and Lisa lost 1) because of their lack of confidence as a team, and ,because of their past tournaments, also because of their lack of self confidence and 2) it was on clay, and their game is not the best for clay ; Despite these facts, they were very close to winning, which was even more disappointing at the end. Indeed, their previous matches in Paris were far better, and probably during that match, that was the first time since they were on their way up that they had to go through doubts on court, and that's in my opinion what made the difference. I was so pissed off after that match, 5th defeat in a row in the semis in Paris for Liezel, and I was there every time....

#3,854 ·
Stats After Indian Wells
Total Win/Loss Record: 56-14
Since San Diego Loss (SD Loss Excluded/Since start of Toronto): 40-4
Since US Open: 30-3 (36-3 including the 6 wins at USO)
2012 Season: 22-2
Since AO Loss: 16-0

Third Sets and Supertiebreaks:
Total: 14-5 (12-2 in STBs)
Since Wimbledon: 13-2 (12-1 in STBs)
Since start of Toronto: 12-2 (11-1 in STBs)
Since US Open: 10-2 (10-1 in STBs)
2012 Season: 7-2 (7-1 in STBs)
Since AO Loss: 6-0

Winning Indian Wells, What Does That Mean for Miami?
1994 -> Miami R3
1995 -> Miami R3 (Lindsay Withdrew)
2002 -> Miami Champ
2003 -> Miami R2 (Lindsay Withdrew)
2006 -> Miami Champ
2007 -> Miami Champ
2012 -> Miami ?

#3,856 ·
:banana:

It's amazing how just three years ago we were praying for Lisa to keep her streak alive when she won the last event she entered that year in Osaka, and look at her now. It's kind of interesting how Indian Wells was where she decided to get her life and career back on track, and two years later she comes full circle to winning it again. At this rate they will qualify for Istanbul extremely early.

Fun fact: Lisa is now tied with Mike Bryan for most doubles titles among active players. Nestor has 77, and Bob has 76 :lol: So she is up their with the big guns.

Onto Miami. The big question is will Venus and Serena play doubles? I have this strange feeling they will :shrug: And will Srebotnik be back? Because that Sydney final still drives me crazy, and they need to fix that.

#3,857 ·
I think Venus/Serena might. It depends on Vee's health, but then again that won't stop Serena. If Serena wants to play doubles, then they'll play doubles. I want them to win Miami if Venus/Serena aren't entered. If Vee/Serena are entered then I want Vee/Ree to win. They haven't won Miami before, plus it'd be nice for Venus after all her troubles to win a trophy in her first event:awww:

Also, with the win last night, Lisa goes over the 10,000 mark in points.:cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.