Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

248K views 5K replies 100 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
#749 ·
How can one find his/her own old posts? Aka the first post I ever made on TF?? I tried Advanced search and it brought me back only to September 2012..

#767 ·
Yeah I don't know. AO was so frustrating. I mean I was sure that she was going to win after the fight and heart she displayed in the SF. I wasn't expected such a scoreline to say the least, it looked like it was going to be quite good quality in the middle of that first set. As far as Maria serving for 4-4 and then she wasted a few GPs and collapsed. She definitely did have a Final block back then.

Hopefully that goes away next year.

#769 ·
Mary Cherry should be overjoyed as Vika won her first slam, but as she hates Andy with a passion and he has now won a slam I guess that has now gotten in the way of her delight? One reason of a few as to why the change? :lol:

#770 ·
But as far as I rmb Mary Cherry has been bitter-posting ALL YEAR. I don't know why :unsure:

Reading back at those suicidal posts can be both depressing and hilarious at the same time :lol: Too bad we've not seen any Sweetcleo or even Chris' (Shafanovic) level of meltdown these days.

#777 ·
Post match presser USO final:
Q. That's my question, because some people would resent the other player.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, but I will not take anything back. I think she's brought ‑‑ for me Serena is the greatest player of all time. She took the game to the next level. As I said before, she makes me all the time to make sure that I'm taking my game, my personality, my physical aspect to the next level. So, you know, having few of the players like that in the women's tour right now is something priceless, you know, something that you cannot take away. It's the people who, you know, like Maria, like Petra those kind of girls, they always push me to be better. I mean, it's great opportunity, so I have no regret. Today I was close. I'm going to have for sure another opportunity to make something better. That's what I'm looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHaxZc_fVQI
Now in this video where Maria is so disrespectful and totally out of line @ 1:30
"-Greatest player of all time? -For me always been my idol, Steffi Graf."

Werking her forked tongue well.

#779 · (Edited)

I was just trying to subtly enhance Maria's bridesmaid resume, you bad bad subject. You are right, though. I did ban mathematics in all across my kingdom and ordered all the maths nerds to be beheaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHaxZc_fVQI
Now in this video where Maria is so disrespectful and totally out of line @ 1:30
I can just picture it how the sectarians are responding to this in the sanctuary. :lol:
Maria has always stressed that Serena is a great player and that she is WAY ahead of her. This was just a suitable moment to pay homage to Monica.
I mean, my main problem with the video is that Maria's skin looks kinda oily.

Just saw this, thanks I guess :lol: Though I am surprised someone actually remembers what I look like.
You are welcome.

#780 ·
Monica mentioned Masha in her book Getting A Grip: On My Body, My Mind, My Self.. I will post the quote later, if you like.

#783 ·
OK! I will. Later or tomorrow!! But it will be a translation of a translation since I am reading the book translated, not in English.

Now I have to RAAAAAANT here at the fact that maybe we won't see the epic Milan exo. :sad:

#786 ·
Jamie (and the others who do it) how do you make highlights from a match? Do you search for it online and cut it or you record from your TV to your PC?
I'd like to do it for the Milan exhibition because I could record it on my Sky decoder but I guess I can't transfer the whole thing on my pc to upload it online... :sad:

#788 · (Edited)
No, Milan is on Saturday. No problem with the prx, someone will help us find, but it turns out that Sky Sports is a payable tv and only those who have ordered it can watch it. Trih can explain better.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.