Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Videos thread... vol.3

512K views 5K replies 257 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
probably could do with this thread to keep all the videos together and leave the photos thread for photos...:cool:

Nouf might repost some of his vintage Mvids in here as well...they are a must for Maria fans especially the ones from Wimby, USO & RG 2004, as well as the offcourt ones.

TRL 06 video is here...
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=9JI0KKF3

#531 ·
What do you guys expect? It's CNN, not Chelsea Lately, after all, and I doubt that a typical CNN view has a lot of insight when it comes to Maria's career and life.
I thought it was nice to see her reflect on some important things. Definitely an interview I would enjoy if I had just turned on TV and saw a person I know very little about :shrug:

#546 ·
What do you guys expect? It's CNN, not Chelsea Lately, after all, and I doubt that a typical CNN view has a lot of insight when it comes to Maria's career and life.
I thought it was nice to see her reflect on some important things. Definitely an interview I would enjoy if I had just turned on TV and saw a person I know very little about :shrug:
Nothing. It's CNN. That's why I said that.

#535 ·
Just had a quick scan through that post. Not sure if it highlights the issues on Maria/her teams part after the surgery but those would take ages to type and there's no point now as the shoulder seems to be pretty much back to it's best or as good as it will ever get.

It does offer a GREAT timeline of events though.

#537 ·
The issues with the shoulder started long long time before 2008. In 2008 she injured her shoulder (I guess it was then when the tears were created or even more probably, aggravated) in AI or IW like Ksenia said - she felt pain while stretching to hit one BH if I am not mistaken? Well.. in the end, she had 2 minor tears that initally were not discovered on the radiological images (sometimes these things cannot be seen); the tears were classified as medium... Not so long ago, I posted an article from shoulder surgeons; they classify injuries with more than one tears as a major injury... I can browse through my posts to re-post it if you like.
But what we never found out is; which muscle(s)/their tendons of the rotator cuff were torn..

#542 ·
#564 ·
"The flash lights started clicking, cameras started rolling as soon as ethereal Ms Sharapova was in the house! Tall, well turned out but far more beautiful than I had ever expected.

Soon the questions began, 'What's your favourite title win', 'What do you make of Serena Williams', 'How do you view Women's tennis'? That's when I decided to raise my hand, microphone ready and my first words to the highest earning woman athlete in the world were 'Maria...I think your very pretty', that's it! Silence engulfed the small room that was holding the press conference, when Sharapova said 'Thanks but it's only my make-up and hair, I don't wake up looking like this in the morning'. The entire room was laughing and I for one realized that not only is she very beautiful but also extremely charming with her words.

The rest of the press conference was a breeze, after all I can one day tell people that I told the one only Maria Sharapova she was very pretty and to top it all, she responded to it! I guess that's what you say are the perks of being a sports reporter."

#544 ·
The shoulder injuries are from "wear and tear" - you can read here about Shoulder Bursitis (which she had at one stage) http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/rotatorcuff/a/shbursitis.htm and then here about Rotator Cuff Tear: http://orthopedics.about.com/od/rotatorcuff/tp/rotatorcuff.htm

Could the surgery be avoided? Yes and no.. It depends on what was torn, how big was the tear and how successful would conservative treatment be; as far as I recall the doctor who operated her, tried conservative treatment first and then decided to operate her because afterall she is a top level athlete not a woman playing at the local club. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00406#When Rotator Cuff Surgery is Recommended

#556 ·
Светльо;22520183 said:
Where? I want to see it. That's what Maria said in in interview I have read of hers that when she sings at karaoke, she sings Cher or something similar to that, cannot recall properly.

Skip to 0:23.

TeenPova singing

#565 ·
I don't know where that myth comes from that she doesn't feel comfortable around other people (not that I would hold that against her even if it was true) or even that she's bitchy. I don't see that. I think she's utterly charming and charismatic and communicates in a very relaxed manner with everyone.

#568 ·
I don’t think anyone who’s watched and listened to Maria over the past few years can say she’s a cold person. In her early years, yes, I could see that. Even though I was always a fan of hers, I thought Maria was kind of a snobby brat in her teen years. Just based on a number of interviews I saw and read. However, that’s typical of many teenagers.

But she’s changed so much over the past several years. Maybe her time off from shoulder surgery gave her a new outlook on things or maybe it was just natural maturing from getting older. Whatever it was, she’s become a more relaxed and open person. She exudes more warmth and charm in interviews and has let her sense of humor shine through. And I think she even gets along better with other players, like Robson for example. Whether it’s offering her perspective on her charitable endeavors, sharing pictures of her vacations, talking about the state of women’s tennis, or doing something goofy like this video, she gives all her fans so many dimensions of herself. She is so thoughtful and insightful on a number of subjects now and isn’t guarded or scripted with her answers like so many other athletes. I love that about her.

I used to be all about Maria the tennis player. But I’ve become a bigger fan of Maria the person. :worship:

And I have to say I'm someone who's also always loved Maria's laugh. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.