Tennis Forum banner

>>> Michelle Larcher De Brito - cheering thread <<<

226K views 5K replies 110 participants last post by  Triggervic 
#1 ·
If we have a separate topic for Michelle's photos, then we are to have a thread where we will be able to root for her...

so let's begin! :bounce:

#724 ·
sorry, what is 1 PM?

7 tournaments. that's enough, we'll still watch our Michelle :)

#732 ·
Kreunen zorgt voor beter tennis

Kreunen in het tennis was dit jaar meer dan ooit een discussiepunt tijdens Roland Garros en Wimbledon. Het was dus maar een kwestie van tijd voor de wetenschap zich op het onderwerp zou gooien. En de eerste studie betekent alvast een steuntje in de rug voor speelsters als Maria Sharapova en de nog luidere Portugese Michelle Larcher de Brito: als je kreunt, speel je beter.

Onderzoekers aan de Hardin-Simmons Universiteit in het Amerikaanse Texas vroegen aan 'stille' tennissende studenten om hun slagen te begeleiden met gekreun. Uit de vergelijkende studie bleek dat ze met geluid hun opslagen en forehands gemiddeld 6 km per uur harder speelden dan zonder. 'Kreunen is dus weldegelijk zinvol voor wie een maximale inspanning moet leveren,' concludeerde Dennis O’Connell, auteur van de studie.

Kreunen werd een controversieel onderwerp toen Monica Seles eind jaren 80 op het toneel verscheen. In 1992 werd haar tijdens de Wimbledon-finale tegen Steffi Graf gevraagd minder lawaai te maken. Met Maria Sharapova kreeg het vrouwentennis een nieuwe leading lady onder de kreuners. In 2005 liet ze geschreeuw opmeten van 101.2 decibels, vergelijkbaar met een politiesirene.

Dit jaar zorgde de nog indrukwekkendere 16-jarige Michelle Larcher de Brito voor opschudding op Roland Garros. Haar trainer Nick Bollettieri werd verweten kreunen aan te leren, omdat hij eerder ook al Sharapova en Seles onder zijn hoede had. Martina Navratilova mengde zich eveneens in de discussie door te zeggen dat kreuners 'valsspelers' waren en met opzet hun tegenstanders afleiden. Maar met de nieuwe studie kunnen de geviseerde speelsters hun onschuld...uitschreeuwen.

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.asp...mp;kanaalid=103
scientists from Texas say, that if you grunt, the speed of your FH and service has +6 KM/H :lol:

#736 ·
Larcher avec Mouratoglou

L'entraîneur franco-chypriote n'en fini plus d'attirer les jeunes espoirs.

L'academy Mouratoglou, qui comptait déjà les jeunes Russe et Bulgare Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova et Grigor Dimitrov, peut se targuer de posséder un joyau de plus avec la Portugaise Michelle Larcher de Brito. Elle sera toujours entraînée par son père mais bénéficiera du soutien de l'académie sur la préparation physique et l'entraînement annonce L'Equipe.

http://autres-sports.le10sport.com/tennis/...atglou_352066_d

#739 ·
I think it is good. They will get her a permanent hitting partner and phisio. And it is an excelent Academy to train before the european tournaments, and they also will give her professional support for her game. She will be the star of the academy. And you what do you think?

#746 ·
So Bollettierri's didn't provide a hitting partner for her? That really stinks.
Also I was surprised that Bollettierri's couldn't correct the issues with her serve.
Do you think that her new academy will be able to work out the kinks? Does this mean
that she is no longer signed with IMG?

Sorry for so many questions but I find this very interesting. Not too many have the
nerve to leave IMG so young when they have provided so much. So far I think it is a good move
and one that will be interesting to watch.

#740 ·
Yeah, I think pretty much the same. She needs a sparring partner and a real pros in her team, I think it makes only good for her and her game

#742 ·
I like the draw, 2 double-faulters in the 1st r :lol:

#752 ·
normal start from Michelle.

Thanks 4 winning this

#754 ·
Yes she is still connected with with IMG. But she rarely goes to the Nicki Bollettieri Academy. As for the game yesterday i saw it and it was one of those games that only depended the way Michelle played to win or loose. Because she played bad in the first set, but she woke up in the middle of the second set and didn't give any chance to her oponnent, impressive groundstrokes and superior intensity. There is some photos bellow.

http://www.matchpointportugal.com/photo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.