Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Petra Martic~

325K views 5K replies 145 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
She was a QFist in both the US Open and Orange Bowl Junior Championships. She seems to be a talented up and coming Croat. Hopefully she will do some big things in 2007! She starts her year in Australia with the Optus Junior ITF and the Australian Open Juniors. Good Luck Petra!

#3,765 ·
I joined the match at 1:3 second set yesterday, and was obviously appalled by what I saw. Petra's serve was everywhere, her DTL's were two feet too long and her head was some place else. Tatishvili was winning more and more rallies, using her greatest asset (her mobility), and bit by bit she was taking over the control of the offense. With that situation going on, there's no other way in which the 2nd set might've finished. Start of the third proved to be the crucial part of the match, and we have to be fair that Petra had also some luck during those first several games of the final set. Sure, the main thing is that she kept on trying, but faith was on her side in some deciding moments too. The one who controled the attack held the match in her hands, and in the third this was Petra. Things starting going in after the break and she started playing a much smarter match towards the end.

This is an incredibly valuable win for Petra, eventhough it came as a result of sub-par performance. It's acutally great to see her winning a match eventhough she was playing far below her best. Points will be of great help, as this will at least ensure she gets seeded in USO qualies, although there's still enough time to make the main draw. If she wins another match she'll again be Croatian #2btw. Draw looks really great, let's hope this is a start of something new, maybe a time when Petra will make the most of her chances on the biggest of stages and go back to where she belongs.

Looking forward to R2 (and to streaming :angel:...:lol:)!

#3,771 ·
Yep, another "great" day for Croatian tennis, though i gotta say Mikica put a big smile on my face for a set, it's been quite some time since i've seen something that good from a Croatian player.

GL Petra you have a great chance here don't waste it, no better place to make a real come back than Wimbly.

#3,777 ·
She'll have to use her backhand slice more often, and better, cause poor slice like in some points against Tatishvili can only give your opponent a chance to make a winner.Also, she needs to force a lot more net points, to use her volleys, and I'm sure that she'll use more than few times her secret weapon, dropshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.