Tennis Forum banner

Charleston SF: Serena Williams (USA) [5] def. Alize Cornet (FRA) 7-5 6-3

5K views 94 replies 79 participants last post by  SAEKeithSerena 
#1 ·
Serena was down 1-4 in the first :( then actually started to wake up :)

From 1-4 she seemed to just reel off the games. That set went so quick from that point

Into her 3rd straight final :worship:

#13 ·
Patchy from both really it seemed, but Cornet putting in an admirable showing ultimately.

I'm sure Serena will raise her game for the final :)

#20 ·
Alize :( :sad:
she's got time on her side :baby:

#27 ·
:worship: 2nd Charleston final. Hopefully this one goes a little better :unsure:

and wow Serena came out on court like she was sleepwalking for the first 5-6 games. Picked it up but I think this was prolly her worst total performance since Miami R.16. But at least she survived :bounce: I think all those long matches are catching up w/ her. 4/5 of Serena's matches have been over 2 hours. :eek: Hopefully she's not too drained in the final and Dementieva/Zvonereva play a 4 hours match. :devil:

Alize :hug: She's got a temper out there:devil:
She really she should have done more w/ the chances she was given. But that's okay thats what comes w/ experience. Serena was basically not there for the beg. of the 1st set. But when Alize got the lead she got tight. I still think she needs to get a lot stronger. Cuz there were times when Serena was hitting the ball well that she was just being blown off the court. She needs a little more pop on her shots and she hit one of the shortest and softest 2nd serves I've ever seen but she still won the point. lol. great tourny for Alize and I think she'll do great on the red clay. Made a fan of me today cuz she's so funny out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.