Tennis Forum banner

Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013

41K views 533 replies 27 participants last post by  Pete! 
#1 ·
We're only weeks away from the new season of Aussie ITFs. A slightly shorter end-of-year circuit this year. And no NT events :bigcry:

Here's the schedule:

$25,000 Cairns (Aug 27-Sep 2)
$25,000 Rockhampton (Sep 3-9)
$10,000 Salisbury (Sep 10-16)
$25,000 Port Pirie (Sep 17-23)
$25,000 Esperance (Oct 1-7)
$25,000 Margaret River (Oct 8-14)
$25,000 Traralgon (Oct 22-28)
$25,000 Bendigo (Oct 29-Nov 4)

The early entry list for Cairns is up: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/women's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100027432

No major surprises, apart from Tammi Patterson looking like she's going to give it another crack. No Jess Moore, Dani J or Ash Barty :sad:

Anyone here going to be attending any of these?

See less See more
#499 ·
Singles Main Draw

(1)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) d. (Q)Peangtarn Plipuech (THA) 63 63
(Q)Michika Ozeki (JPN) d. (wc)Nives Baric (AUS) 62 61
(Q)Tamara Curovic (SRB) d. (Q)Sally Peers (AUS) 75 62
(5)Yurika Sema (JPN) d. (wc)Angelique Svinos (AUS) 61 61

(3)Sacha Jones (AUS) v Rika Fujiwara (JPN)
Shuko Aoyama (JPN) v (SE)Jelena Pandzic (CRO)
Nicha Lertpitaksinchai (THA) v (Q)So-Ra Lee (KOR)
(6)Junri Namigata (JPN) v (Q)Miki Miyamura (JPN)

Risa Ozaki (JPN) d. (8)Chin-Wei Chan (TPE) 36 76(8) 64
(Q)Viktorija Rajicic (AUS) d. (wc)Stefani Stojic (AUS) 61 26 62
Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) d. Mai Minokoshi (JPN) 64 36 64
(4)Nudnida Luangnam (THA) d. (wc)Belinda Woolcock (AUS) 64 26 61

(7)Varatchaya Wongteanchai (THA) v Misa Eguchi (JPN)
(SE)Storm Sanders (AUS) v Akiko Omae (JPN)
Sachie Ishizu (JPN) v (Q)Pei-Chi Lee (TPE)
(2)Erika Sema (JPN) v Sung-Hee Han (KOR)

Doubles Main Draw

(1)Miyamura/Wongteanchai (JPN/THA) d. Hsu/Lee (USA/TPE) 62 64
(wc)Stojic/Woolcock (AUS/AUS) d. (wc)Holland/Sumner (AUS/AUS) 61 62
Namigata/Y.Sema (JPN/JPN) d. (3)Lertpitaksinchai/Plipuech (THA/THA) 61 62
Curovic/Ishizu (SRB/JPN) d. Calderwood/Rajicic (AUS/AUS) 76(7) 60

Eguchi/Minokoshi (JPN/JPN) v Bengson/Jones (AUS/AUS)
(4)Chan/Hsu (TPE/TPE) v Han/Omae (KOR/JPN)
(Q)Jang/Lee (KOR/KOR) v (Q)James/Mladin (AUS/AUS)
(2)Peers/Rogowska (AUS/AUS) v (wc)Baric/Svinos (AUS/AUS)

#501 · (Edited)
I know these events cop a lot of flak from other posters (and me) about being 'weak', but the quality of players on the ProTour this year has actually been quite good. The Japanese and Asian contingent have been much stronger this year, in particular.

Overall, the quality of opposition has been better when compared to previous years. I think the cut offs have been lower too.

#503 ·
Second Round

(1)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) d. (Q)Michika Ozeki (JPN) 64 64
(5)Yurika Sema (JPN) d. (Q)Tamara Curovic (SRB) 61 64

(3)Sacha Jones (AUS) d. Shuko Aoyama (JPN) 62 64
Nicha Lertpitaksinchai (THA) d. (6)Junri Namigata (JPN) 76(4) 63

(Q)Viktorija Rajicic (AUS) d. Risa Ozaki (JPN) 75 62
(4)Nudnida Luangnam (THA) d. Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) 62 64

(SE)Storm Sanders (AUS) d. (7)Varatchaya Wongteanchai (THA) 62 75
(2)Erika Sema (JPN) d. Sachie Ishizu (JPN) 16 61 64

--

Hoping for All aussie Semis :hearts:

#512 ·
Viki into the final :yeah: Hopefully she can beat Sema senior, but has a pretty bad record against her.

The top 3 '94 girls doing awesome this year! Really stepping up, and it's about time too. All 3 have now been in $25K finals this year, and after this event will all be ranked between 300-325. That's awesome that they are all pushing each other to do well :) It's now time that they started to push for MD wildcards into the AO, and hopefully by the end of the year they will be in a position to do so!

As for Liv, you can tell that was a tough match and loss. Pretty disappointed in her form so far this year. I don't think we will see her pushing for the top 100 anytime soon to be honest. Maintaining top 200 should be the goal actually :help:

Also, Sacha doesn't seem to be the same player post wrist injury. Hope she can sort it out too.

#513 ·
Viki into the final :yeah: Hopefully she can beat Sema senior, but has a pretty bad record against her.

The top 3 '94 girls doing awesome this year! Really stepping up, and it's about time too. All 3 have now been in $25K finals this year, and after this event will all be ranked between 300-325. That's awesome that they are all pushing each other to do well :) It's now time that they started to push for MD wildcards into the AO, and hopefully by the end of the year they will be in a position to do so!

As for Liv, you can tell that was a tough match and loss. Pretty disappointed in her form so far this year. I don't think we will see her pushing for the top 100 anytime soon to be honest. Maintaining top 200 should be the goal actually :help:

Also, Sacha doesn't seem to be the same player post wrist injury. Hope she can sort it out too.

Still aiming for the top 100

#515 ·
Great effort by Viki, the way Storm was playing it seemed that she had leap-frogged her a bit, but she ground out this win.

The big question is: whats next for Storm, Viki and Azra? (Apart from Viki beating Sema that is :))

talking about tournament ? Storm is going to play in Asia in the end of April http://www.tennis.com.au/wa/news/2013/03/28/storming-forward

Not sure about the other two, they are not in any entry list as of now(first three weeks of April)

#519 ·
BENDIGO will host two $50,000 International Tennis Federation tournaments for women this October.

The two new-look tournaments replace the men's and women's William Loud Bendigo International.

This year's tournaments start on October 21 and October 28 and are expected to attract world-class players.

“We’re excited by the opportunity to boost the women’s schedule and host two $50,000 ITF events in Bendigo. Tennis Australia has worked hard with our Pro Tour venues to create the highest level tour possible,” Tennis Australia's Jason Simmons said.

“The location, facility and dedicated staff and volunteers make this the ideal venue for these top tier tennis events and will kick start the summer of tennis for professional players, particularly in the Asia Pacific region.”

Bendigo mayor Cr Lisa Ruffell said these international tournaments would become an important feature on the city’s calendar.

“Greater Bendigo has become a sought-after destination for important sporting and major events,” Ruffell said.

“Major events of this type are very important for our local economy. They put our city on the map and provide local residents with an opportunity to see top class events in their own city, increasing our region’s liveability.”

The last time the Australian Pro Tour held a women’s $50,000 ITF tournament was in Bendigo in 2005.
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1440980/womens-tennis-coup-for-bendigo/?cs=81

This is pretty awesome! :cheer:

#520 ·
Yeah it is cool. I like that we now have a mix of $50Ks, $25Ks and $10Ks.

Btw Canberra is about to start redeveloping its big tennis centre where they used to host the WTA event so I reckon it'll want to start hosting ITFs sometime after 2014.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#524 ·
A few changes to the end of year challengers.

As well as the two Bendigo 50k's. Cairns has been downgraded to a 15k and .... there's a new 15k in Toowoomba where I live :) so i'll be checking out all the action there for sure :yeah:

No sign of Esperance, Rockhampton, Port Pirie, Marg River or Traralgon :scared: im hoping some of them get added to the calender soon.

#527 ·
I think once the tennis centre at Lyneham is revamped, they will definitely be trying to get ITFs back here :D

There'll be 12 hardcourts (the Oz Open type), 12 clay and 4 indoor courts. But I guess 2015 is the earliest that an ITF could happen. Or maybe late 2014? :shrug:

#530 ·
Entry list for the first of the Oz ITF circuit comes out next Thursday. Pretty excited as the first $15,000 takes place at my University! I can see lots of classes being skipped that week :oh: Being only 15k I would hope the likes of Liv, Storm, Monique etc will be giving it a miss, but i'm guessing the likes of Sally, Vicky, Azra etc might give it a crack. Probably some of the younger QLD girls like Hon and Cabrera too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.