Tennis Forum banner

Louise Pleming

4K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  louloubelle 
#1 ·
Anyone know where she is and what she is doing now?

She used to be a pro tennis player back in the 1990's / early 2000. Always very friendly. Just wondered where she is and what she is up to.

Anyone have any memories of her?

#10 ·
I remember when Louise broke up with Conchita, the interview in the paper with Louise said that she'd helped Conchita win Wimbledon, but she was going to concentrate on her own career now.
I actually think she's one of the better comentators out there. Hell, anyone sounds great after listening to Lisa McShea's bogan drivel...

#12 ·
Roger Rasheed is awful. He's worse at commentating than what he was as a pro tennis player. He's as bad as Wally Masur. Why have two of the biggest male chauvenists commentating women's tennis?? :rolleyes:
I want to like Lisa. She's really bad though. At least no-one will be stupid enough to hire her next year.
As for John Barrett, hasn't he kicked the bucket yet!!? :tape:

#14 ·
Thanks for all your responses. However, can we get back on to the subject of Louise Pleming? We've kind of strayed onto other commentators.

Apart from her sexual side, anyone know of any links to interviews or articles on Louise Pleming? I can't seem to find anything on her on the internet. And anyone know how to get in touch with her?

I remember her from her playing days in England, in Eastbourne and Wimbledon and she was always a delight to watch, and when you spoke to her she was always so nice and friendly. I really miss her.

I used to watch her play doubles at Wimbledon with a Dutch girl, about the same size and similar in looks to Louise. She also wore a big headband - anyone know who I mean? On one doubles match at Wimbledon Louise served and smacked the ball right in the back of this girls head - the Dutch girl. This girl just collapsed on the floor and they had to bring the first aid in and everything. Poor Louise must have felt awful, as well as her partner she hit.

I think they then went on to lose the match, understandably. But I still think of those days at Wimbledon and I do miss her bubbly personality.

Anyway, keep all the info on Louise coming through.

#18 ·
I was going to say either Manon Bollegraf, or Frenchwoman Caroline Dhenin, but then I saw you said this mystery girl looked similar to Louise :tape:

The former looked like the female Paul McNamee, and the latter looked like a bikie. Definitely not them.

#19 ·
I've checked Louise's mid 90s record, and the only Dutch player she partnered at Wimbledon was the girl Sean mentioned, Ingelise Driehuis. They played in 1995.

Louise played a little with another Dutch player, Nicole Jagerman, but they never played Wimbledon together.

Unless you're thinking of Frenchwoman Noelle Van Lottum. They played a Wimbledon together in 1993 and lost first round. It might be her as she has a Dutch surname :) I remember Noelle, I was about 13 or so when I saw her play at the Aus Open in the early 90s and she was very sweet. She also used to wear big headbands, and was an attractive girl. I bet that's the girl you're thinking of.

Geez, Louise went through a lot of doubles partners in her day!

#20 ·
TS,

Spot on. It was Noelle Van Lottum. I remember now, thank you and well done. Of course, she was French but she did have a Dutch name. Thank you for remembering her.

When she and Louise played together they were so similar in appearance and they both seemed to have fun together, apart from the time I mentioned when Louise hit Noelle on the back of the head and Noelle collapsed on the floor. But, moving on!

Thank you again for remembering.

#21 ·
Does anyone have any news on her? I used to really like watching her play tennis and I know she commentates for the BBC sometimes, but what else is she up to? Anybody know?

Also, does anyone have a mini biography on her, where she was born, where she resides now, her hobbies etc? There used to be WTA books out every year called Media Guides and they would list nearly all the top 100 tennis players. Don't know if there ever was one on Louise Pleming, but if anyone has it please let me know.

Thank you.

#23 ·
Does anyone have any news on her? I used to really like watching her play tennis and I know she commentates for the BBC sometimes, but what else is she up to? Anybody know?

Also, does anyone have a mini biography on her, where she was born, where she resides now, her hobbies etc? There used to be WTA books out every year called Media Guides and they would list nearly all the top 100 tennis players. Don't know if there ever was one on Louise Pleming, but if anyone has it please let me know.

Thank you.
I know at one stage she was arranging a womens Aussie Football League competition and was a player in that comp. She was at Hopman Cup one year getting some players to have a kick of the football with varying degrees of success. Nicole Pratt ofcourse was the best at it :lol::worship: Not sure if she is doing that now.

#25 ·
Golovinjured!

Shame you're parents didn't teach you better manners.

I actually have googled her, tried every search engine to find out some information on her, but all it seems to come up with are tournament results or coach of the Australian junior fed team.

#27 ·
For someone with fairly limited success she sure got in with the A list ***** crowd on the WTA circuit. I believe she dated Conchita Martinez for some time too.

I don't remember her as a player, but I do quite enjoy her commentary. She seems to have quite a lot of insider knowledge and is a good counterpoint to Fred's idiocy when they commentate together at Hopman Cup.

#29 ·
^ yes, her role is to work with the girls outside of the Fed Cup team according to Todd Woodbridge. She's also helping out Tammi Patterson.

Very positive rev up she gave to Liv after the first set. Called Liv the 'ice queen' :lol: and told her to prolong the rallies with KDK. Liv didn't seem to be able to carry this out today unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.