Miami Chat Thread

23K views 550 replies 46 participants last post by  Chrissie-fan 
#1 ·
Keeping with tradition
Cheering and Jeering for players other than Maria Sharapova
:cheer:

See less See more
#351 ·
It's very ominous and frustrating when you look at Federer and Serena. Both are still as lethal as they've ever been and in great physical shape. But once you pass 30 in this sport, the injuries just crop up more and more. Fed and his back, Serena and her different ailments.

#363 ·
If Serena wins Miami in this form playing like crap all her matches , WTA should try other players , because this top 100 is useless

#366 ·
Well, it's not like Maria or Rad have been near exceptional here either.

No one else playing has that serve, the movement, the ground strokes and enough consistency to keep up with her. With perhaps the exception of Vika, Serena is the only complete player on the WTA.

#368 ·
Well, it's not like Maria or Rad have been near exceptional here either.
conclusion - level of women's tennis is below pathetic

#364 ·
Injury was the only reason Serena didn't win the Aussie Open. Injury and illness were why she didn't win Doha. And injury today was the only reason Li Na was even in that second set. Serena really should be undefeated this year and about to win her 4th title in 4 tournaments. :bowdown:

It's still a continuation of last summer. She remains far superior to everybody else and nobody is in her zip code. Her health is going to dictate what happens in every tournament she enters in 2013.(Of course, players need to take advantage of tourneys she doesn't play) If she's close to 100%, she's going to win all the big ones. If she's hampered by something, the door opens slightly for Maria, Vika, Na, Petra, Agi, and maybe a few others to vulture whatever titles they can. And Azarenka already did just that in Melbourne and Qatar. Maria did that at IW. Pounce when you can.

#365 ·
so true, but it's not like Serena is playing like GOAT , she hasn't been playing like GOAT since Olympics with her only GOAT match at YEC Final , all the rest was far from high quality tennis , definitely below Serena's capacities ... But current top 10 of WTA are complete mugs , just a bunch of "Ferrers" and Masha who might have had chances is unlucky to be the one who motivates Serena to return to GOAT mode for the match against her.

If we have Serena-Maria match in Miami, Serena will serve 10 aces , and will have 25W- 14UE stats

#371 ·
yeah she is injured now, but when she faces maria in final she will be bring the best tennis in tournament and crash her again :hysteric: :hysteric:

maybe aga can revenge wimbli in SF? :help:

if maria want to beat serena she need to improve her game in next matches then she will have chance if serena continues going by with that crappy game lately, movement, everything was bad, better that yesterday, but thats not GOAT serena :confused:

#376 ·
more than possible and her main obstacle will be Radwanska... Aga can still flop to Flopkins and that will be :lol:

Why Aga is an obstacle? just because she won't lose match by herself , unlike other mugs

#382 ·
I can see Serena winning the FO again :shrug:

Should she meet Azarenka or Maria in Paris, she would annihilate both of them :lol:

The best chance is for an underdog in the earlier rounds-QF to take her out.

If she gets to the SF, I don't see her losing unless she is injured.

And whether Maria's game is made for clay or not, that is irrelevant when facing Serena as the outcome will be the same.

#383 ·
Ok this thread has turned to :tape: so much over-analysis which needs to STOP.

Don't you see what you're doing? Giving trolls exactly what they want. Don't take things so seriously, Masha is focusing on her game, on her next opponent, on her half of the draw. I'm sick to death of all these comments regarding Serena, good or bad. She's as vulnerable as any other player. She is beatable as any other player. Nothing is impossible, fear is created from Rena's on-court presence - not just her results. And it seems many on this forum live vicariously through this as if they are better than other posters who support other players. It's fine to discuss possible scenarios regarding the draw, but just because she has a major chance to reach and win the title does not mean we simply have to take it on the chin and bow down. Masha - should she get to the final - will play for every point. I'm sorry but IMO, she can do it. All you need is faith

#384 ·
Agreed, Chris. I really think Sharapova will beat Serena this year, as deluded as that sounds. Maria's game is the best it's been since the comeback, and Serena's health has been suspect, and with age comes inconsistency. She hasn't played peak tennis against Maria in their last couple of matches. She's served well, but Maria has mostly beaten herself from the baseline. I wouldn't be surprised if Maria snuck out a win on clay or something this season.

#385 ·
Seriously Chris is right both the negative posts for Serena and the ones about Masha not having any chance whatsoever are unnecessary. Whether we like Serena or not she's undoubtedly one of the best players ever and her achievements are undeniable so there's no need to try and undermine her, the way we see some trolls in GM do the same thing to Maria. Also yes the chances of Maria beating Serena and especially now on HC and in Miami are pretty slim but we've established that. I think we ALL know that and I feel like a little bit belief or faith wouldn't hurt. We always say how Masha shouldn't shit her pants every time she sees Serena and believe she can beat her in order for that to actually happen but we always do the exact opposite ourselves. And finally about the FO just let's wait for the the clay season to actually start before jumping to conclusions. Yes Serena if healthy could be a big favorite but I think so is Masha. I don't understand really all this negativity right now (I realized why there was some after Doha) but there is no reason to be that negative at the moment :shrug:

#387 ·
She is beatable as any other player. Nothing is impossible, fear is created from Rena's on-court presence - not just her results.
that's why my posts are pessimistic , i see that Serena is vulnerable, but Maria is not good enough to beat her. I wasn't frustrated after their match at Olympics and YEC, just because Serena played exceptionally perfect. But i can't overcome this Doha's match and if Maria loses to "this" Serena in Miami it will be shameful for her ( as is for Li Na today)

#388 ·
who is watching Simon-Tipsarevic?

i just want to find out how many mazohists are in SS :sobbing:

#389 ·
who is watching Simon-Tipsarevic?
Why would anyone anywhere be watching this?

Also, the pessimism is tiring. I like having legit discussions about tennis here, but every time I get in the midst of one I end up overwhelmed by the sheer everything sucks always vibe from Sharapova fans. I wanted to join this forum to get away from the unrelenting hopelessness of life, not to be constantly reminded of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.