Tennis Forum banner

Jelena Dokic Forced To Skip Australian Season - Preparing For A February Return!

12K views 70 replies 50 participants last post by  sdkslayer 
#1 · (Edited)
Many people here wondered what has been going on with her.
Unfortunately she's recovering from wrist surgery and will not play in Australia 2013, according to TA.

See less See more
#10 ·
Re: Jelena Dokic Forced To Skip Australian Season

I wish her the best but she'll be 30 next year.
Tennis Australia needs to let her go and focus on the juniors and Barty.
She has more chances of winning a Slam in the next 2 years than all the Australian juniors combined in the next 8 :lol:

Mainly because she's got the game and they'll never have it.

Reactions: DokDi
#19 ·

So basically her 2013 season is over then?
This is exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title as well :hysteric::sobbing:

#21 ·

The last time she has been in shape was around ten years ago or so. There is no point coming back when you cannot hit the treadmill for shit. If she does so, I can see her do well in bigger events. Because in lower tier events she usually doesn't give a fuck. I guess Kuala Lumpur was an exception, but I can see her beating TOP50 players in straight sets if she has a good day. Not weighing 170 pounds helps her to have more frequent "good days."

#22 ·

Darn :awww:.

#23 ·

Awh no. I love her. =[ Always look forward to seeing her play in Aussie. Hopefully she can come back next time! <3

#24 ·

I watched her play Isabella Holland at Sydney this year. The Australian commentators were trying so hard to not make Holland seem like the biggest scrub in the world when Dokic double bagelled her clean and dry.

#26 ·

Terrible news. I'd love to see Jelena make one last push at a serious career at the top, but time isn't going any slower and motivation has always been such an issue for her. Really just sad how things have gone for her in her career. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.