Tennis Forum banner

Jelena Dokic Forced To Skip Australian Season - Preparing For A February Return!

12K views 70 replies 50 participants last post by  sdkslayer 
#1 · (Edited)
Many people here wondered what has been going on with her.
Unfortunately she's recovering from wrist surgery and will not play in Australia 2013, according to TA.

See less See more
#45 ·
Re: Jelena Dokic Forced To Skip Australian Season

Why do you negative people care anyway? not sure what their point of posting that shit was this is a place for Jelly fans.

#65 ·

Why do you negative people care anyway? not sure what their point of posting that shit was this is a place for Jelly fans.
Exactly. There are hundreds of threads on here and yet some people find it necessary to go on a thread of a player they don't like, just to write negative stuff. Anyone who saw the state Dokic was in, when forced to retire against Dementieva at the French open in 2009, would realise how much playing tennis and getting back to the upper echelon means to this girl. If you're not a fan ? Why open the thread ?

If you don't like a player, it's easy to stay off the threads concerning them. I notice the main antagonists are usually those who own favourites are losing.

#52 ·

like i just don't get why we need a thread in gm about a player who plays 3 events a year missing the beginning of the season... :lol: bored of the dokic obsession as i'm sure so many are.

#62 ·

Wow, complaining about a thread like this when there's 20 threads with stupid polls about favorite player of the year... :lol:
This! At least these are serious and relevant news.

#68 ·

Lets face it she should have retired years ago. She never has had the consistency and tennis brain to be a champion and never will. How she has such die hard fans bewilders me.
Like, totally dude. You don't need consistency/tennis brain at all to reach the top 5 of the rankings and the QFs at every slams, what a joke this pathetic girl is. In fact, any club player with some sort of brain or consistency could have done that. Let's hope Jelena logged on and had some sort of spiritual epiphany reading your post (after choking on her pizza made out of tomato and paprika) and calls it a career. [/sarcasm]

#64 ·

I'm actually optimistic for her return. All through last year she was bothered by her wrist, slicing backhands in Australia and not going for big shots off that wing. Her game really relies on her powerful/precise backhand, so hopefully with that back and her new understanding of physical conditioning, she can have some decent results.

It's also a good sign that she's taking the time to prepare rather than rushing back in out of shape and rusty as she might have done in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.