Tennis Forum banner

Some real preparation for Roland Garros... Vee kick up her heels in Paris

4K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  Perseust 
#1 · (Edited)
As you know, I'm doing Roland Garros thread this year. So, I should pick up my skills. After that disappointing lose in Melbourne we should get ready for the upcoming tournament. Venus has never lost at that amazing and gorgeous tournament. I rally want this premier title, so Vee get your shit together and fly for Paris soon.

Why she should play in Paris:

-She can win her 45th singles title;
-She has never lost there and she can continue her streak (3-0);
-Last time she had played there, she was in RG final;
-She can enter top 20;
-She will be able to show some of her new EleVen spring collection :lol:

See less See more
Reactions: MajesticVenus
#2 · (Edited)
The Past Glory

2002 Paris Indoors
23rd Singles Title

Date: February 4 - 10, 2002
Tier II
Prize Money: $93,000
Surface: Indoor Carpet

Road To The Title
R1: (1) Venus def. Bye
R2: (1) Venus def. (LL) Meilen Tu 6-1 6-3
QF: (1) Venus def. (8) Silvia Farina Elia 6-2 6-1
SF: (1) Venus def. (3) Amelie Mauresmo 4-6 7-6(3) 7-5
F: (1) Venus def. (4) Jelena Dokic W/O

#5 · (Edited)
Some interesting pictures, videos and informations

First of all, this is my second cheering thread. My first one was the Rome 2012 and she win through the QF. It was her best clay court performance since Rome 2010 and I think this thread gonna be a good charm for Venus. I don't really care if she withdraw! That thread is mine! :lol:

#9 ·
^Your thread are very useful, actually! :lol:

#13 ·
OMG, I'm sorry for confusing you, guys :lol:

#18 ·
What a horrible few days in Melbourne! I really hope Venus plays here and that she can do well. I hope she is already on a flight to Paris so she has time to rest before the event.

I really wish Kvitova hadn't entered the draw! Errani and Bartoli are more beatable opponents!! Though Kvitova's form isn't great either.

I hope Venus can shake off some of the rust and work her way into this tournament!!

#21 ·
She's confirmed the LA signing session on twitter :eek:

Unlikely to me that she goes Melbourne to LA and then to Paris all in the space of a week :unsure:

Then even if she does, what kind of Venus shows up to play. Can handle her losing to Sharapova, but don't fancy a jetlagged Venus half arsing a loss to someone like Vinci on an indoor court.

If i were her, i'd maybe forget about Paris now and just enter Dubai instead.

#22 ·
Of course, I want Venus to play Paris, but like Queen_Vee said, there is no point in playing in Paris if she is jetlagged. But it's really up to Venus, if she decides to show up and play, fine.... if she withdraws, still fine :) Hopefully, she will play in Doha and Florionoplisnkjdhfjh and will do better than at AO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.