Tennis Forum banner

The Valeria Savinykh Cheering Thread!

210K views 2K replies 41 participants last post by  Phenomareva 
#1 · (Edited)
There was a cheering thread for Valeria, but it seems to have disappeared :scratch:

So, I've started a new one :D :yeah:

Name: Valeria Savinykh
DOB: Feb. 20, 1991
Birthplace: Sverdlovsk

See less See more
#532 ·
Awesome. :hearts: Hope it gives her mental energy & confidence!

Yes, I'm back :awww:, and I'm gonna try to stay for good :sobbing: I've been on a bit of a tennis break for the last months (I guess no Bepa around quite accounts for this) :sad:

Last year there was this Russian photographer who covered the tournament, he seemed to be in love with Lera cause last year he shot like 250 pictures of her; and he's still in da place this year! So we may come up with lotsa pics. :hearts: I'll check them out and post them tonight.:)

#535 ·
Yes, I'm back :awww:, and I'm gonna try to stay for good :sobbing: I've been on a bit of a tennis break for the last months (I guess no Bepa around quite accounts for this) :sad:
Nice to see you back, although I understand the lack of activity due to your fav player being absent!

Last year there was this Russian photographer who covered the tournament, he seemed to be in love with Lera cause last year he shot like 250 pictures of her
You sure that wasn't Rix? :p

Anyway, Lera now has a 5-0 h2h against Renata :eek:

Glad Lera was able to break her losing streak. Hope she continues to win. She leads Paula, 1-0.

#533 ·
Same here too, although I have been around here occasionally, hope it will be much better and busier in 2013.

Yeah, great if there will be pics again like last year, those were awesome indeed :hearts:

#537 ·
She lost 3-6 3-6 to Ormaechea. :sad: That was quite to be expected even if I had a little hope. :( Ormaechea had just beaten Muguruza in the previous round.

Lera may simply be exhausted, it's been quite a draining season for her, at a new stage. Dunno if she has other tournaments planned after this one. She should just stop for the year, rest and train.

#551 ·
Her draw part:

(4)Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
v Kathrin Woerle (GER)
(wc)Sultan Gonen (TUR) v (wc)Ipek Soylu (TUR)
(wc)Basak Eraydin (TUR) v Q/LL
(8)Cagla Buyukakcay (TUR) v (wc)Pemra Ozgen (TUR)

That's a ridiculously lucky draw :rolls:. If she wins her 1st round, she's basically sure to make it the semis. Davayyyy :cheer:

#552 ·
Her draw part:

(4)Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
v Kathrin Woerle (GER)
(wc)Sultan Gonen (TUR) v (wc)Ipek Soylu (TUR)
(wc)Basak Eraydin (TUR) v Q/LL
(8)Cagla Buyukakcay (TUR) v (wc)Pemra Ozgen (TUR)

That's a ridiculously lucky draw :rolls:. If she wins her 1st round, she's basically sure to make it the semis. Davayyyy :cheer:
Tha't's the scary part :awww:.

Although I agree when she plays to her standard, she should.

#556 ·
Wonder how she is doing, she is not in any QD of the pre-tournament for Oz. Don't think she will have a MD WC for any of these. So she just might go to Oz for the AO, where she qualifying points to defend of course. Hope she is OK, as she withdrew last minute in Ankara.

#560 ·
She is QD indeed in Hobart :bounce:. She plays countrywoman Nina Bratchikova in the first round. Tough, but not impossible, go Lera :yeah:

#561 ·
Valeriya was beset by injuries in 2012, and although she briefly broke into the Top 100 for the first time, she ultimately ended the year ranked lower than in 2011.
2012 145
2011 133

I saw Valeriya play at the USO, and my honest opinion is that she's not really Top 100 material, unless she works on her fitness and serve, but maybe she'll prove me wrong in 2013.

Her Sydney q-draw:

(3)Nina Bratchikova (RUS) v Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
(wc)Stephanie Bengson (AUS) v Sacha Jones (AUS)
Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN) v Julia Glushko (ISR)
Yue-Yue Hu (CHN) v (5)Lauren Davis (USA)

I think this is a good draw for Lera. Nina has been mentally shaky, a total 160 from last year, and Lera leads their h2h 1:0. Although that match was on clay, if she comes into the match healthy and confident, she has a reasonable chance to pull the upset.

#563 ·
Only see the live scoring, but looks like fighting Lera is back! She was a set down and 1-5 in the second, saved MP's at 3-5 down and just won the second set 7-5. We know Nina is a headcase sometimes, but it takes some fighting and believing to come back like that. Now take the match Lera!

#564 ·
She lost 3rd set 6-4 :(. Well, hope that second set gave her some confidence, off to Melbourne now I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.