Tennis Forum banner

Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Volume 2

110K views 2K replies 92 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Udachi Lucie.​

#114 ·
Lucie's had her chances with generous draws but she seems to play worse the easier they are. She's more than capable of taking out Wozniacki but her form suggests otherwise.

The doubles GOATness is unquestionable. :lol: It looks set to continue, winnable match/es.

#116 ·
She's having such a bad year. :confused:

Actually she's been having a bad five months minus fed cup.

#117 ·
Yep :lol: Since USO if you disclude fed cup things have been bad...I dunno what's wrong :shrug: but I hope she comes out of it...she can clearly still play well because in doubles she has played some brilliant tennis, but in singles her confidence is so low

#118 ·
I may be over thinking it here but when you take it to affect that she led 5-1 in the 3rd set of the Rogers Cup semis against Li Na. Ever since then she has had so much trouble closing out matches. I'll never forget that match. Never was I so conflicted. I was driving down to Cincinnati which was starting the next day. Had Lucie won that I wouldn't have got to see her...But I wanted her to win so bad.

#120 ·
I was in Cincy that weekend too, hoping I could see her there (but had to leave Sunday night). But this year I'm pretty sure she won't go that far in Rogers Cup again :lol:

I was even debating myself lately whether I should drive to Charleston for the championship weekend there cuz I love that city so so much and Lucie was in the final last year.

But man, how on earth will there be another final for her considering her recent form :lol:

#119 ·
That was quite a heart-wrenching loss :eek: It may have an influence still...who knows. But if she doesnt get it together soon she is gonna take a big rankings hit. She is having so much trouble actually hitting winners...she just cant seem to put the ball away and finish the point. Sets it up, but ends up hitting right back to them, down the middle, or making an error....idk

#122 ·
I hate to sound repetitive or pessimistic about her chances, but I think now would be a good time for her to play in some of the smaller level events preferably on clay where she's at her best. But then again she's been losing to almost anyone. :/

#124 ·
By the way, anyone know her schedule for the next couple of months? Her website hasn't been updated since the Fed Cup win. :O

#126 ·
Lost 4-6 4-6 :eek: Mirza/BMS are the biggest fluke team on tour, they just 100% ballbash and it either works or it doesnt and today it worked. They just blast the shit out of the ball and they went in :eek: Lucie and Pavs played ok...Lucie was pretty much the same the whole way, Pavs was very up and down...she had trouble putting volleys away, but sometimes hit enormous winners.

They lead 3-1 in the 2nd set and 40-15 at 3-2...but couldnt go on with it.

#132 ·
2-6 2-6 loss to Wozniacki :sad:

Completely brainless performance. Very weak footwork/movement :eek:

Totally out of form. 9 Winners, 45 UEs = - 36 :help:

#136 ·
Kerber vs BYE
Begu vs Watson
Parmentier vs Q
Wickmayer vs BYE
Makarova vs BYE
Jovanovski vs Q
Rybarikova vs Oprandi
Safarova vs BYE

Looks like a good draw, but ofc she is going to screw it all just like at AO and other 127262652 tournaments where she completely wasted the advantage of being given such a kind draw.

Hopefully she beats Bye.

#138 ·
It's not really a kind draw, given that her R2 would be dropshot dame Oprandi. She throws in all kinds of junk just like Niculescu so that could be ugly lbr. Plus before last year she has always flopped in IW so I really have no expectations.

#139 ·
She needs points here and in Miami or she's going to be out of the top 25 after Charleston. :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.