Tennis Forum banner

Sloane Stephens

158K views 2K replies 118 participants last post by  jcempire 
#1 ·
I really think Sloane has proved her potential in both junior slams [FO & WI] and I hope her win against Czink in USO Q is a set up for a smooth transition! :)
I think it's time for her right before her nxt big match-up against Kristina Mladenovic[1]
All the best Sloane! :D

#1,901 ·
My left leg is shaking. I can barely type. I cannot believe this. This is absolutely amazing. She did it. I cannot tell you how proud of her I am right now. This is remarkable.

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally
#1,903 ·
Guaranteed to make $500k for making it to SF and she texts her mom so she can get her shoes and something else :confused:

I think that something else is a BMW :lol:

Considering she's made $700k her entire career, this is by far her biggest payday...Next SF match, there's additional $715K to the winner for making it to the Finals and whoever wins the finals, add another $1,2M :eek:

#1,909 ·
Not to mention the incentive bonuses I'm sure she has in her contracts with Head and Under Armour. CHA-CHING!!

#1,916 ·
I dunno... I hope I'm not one of those who are considered bandwagoners... Anyway, if someone discovers her only after this match, it's still a good thing, imo.

Also, wow at #17! I hope she keeps it up! :)

#1,914 ·
Sloane's win takes her up to #17. Should she reach the final, I believe she will rise to #14.

#1,917 ·
Amazing. :eek:

If she remains consistent throughout the year she's gonna be Top 10 in no time. Seeing as quite a few of them have lots of points to defend.
There's still a huge gap between the top 15 and the top 10 though, points-wise. It'll take a while for her to make that next step, especially since she'll probably (sadly) enter a mini slump after this tournament.

I'm just hoping that she won't have her letdown tonight and get destroyed 1&1. :scared: Vika's probably the ultimate nightmare matchup for her.

#1,923 ·
Does Sloane's forehand remind anyone else of Gisela Dulko's? :hearts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.