Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

2M views 5K replies 297 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
Time for a new thread!

Ana's so gonna win Wimbledon! Just imagine her lifting the Rosewater Dish in 2 weeks time. :hearts:

See less See more
#2,157 ·

Current Serbian president Boris Tadic often is in crowd to support Serbian national sports teams when they playing international matches in Belgrade, and time after time he also use (especially if there is reasons to celebrate) this salute. If there is something really wrong or offensive in that it will be every time big diplomatic incident... but nobody complain about that. :shrug:

It's like putting a swastika infront of a jew and saying they shouldn't be upset because the swastika was originally a Hindu religious symbol :shrug:
Many of Serbs connecting Croatian national symbol (red-white "Checkerboard") with "Ustashe" Nazi regime in Croatia between 1941-1945, but in reality that symbol is connected with all Croats, not just with "Ustashe", so no reason for complains :shrug: BTW current national anthem of Germany is also used during Nazi era, but that melody is simple connected with all Germany people, so yours example with swastika (symbol deeply connected with Nazi ideology) is pointless in this case.

#2,130 · (Edited)
^ Is that the hand signal the Serbian military used for victory during the wars? :eek: A little controversial by Ana if that is what I think it is :unsure:

Little backstory: About 10 years back in Melbourne a Serbian soccer player did the Serbian military victory sign towards a group of Croatian supporters and almost started a riot.

Ofcourse I don't think Ana did it with the same intent as the soccer player.

#2,131 ·
^ Is that the hand signal the Serbian military used for victory during the wars? :eek: A little controversial by Ana if that is what I think it is :unsure:

Little backstory: About 10 years back in Melbourne a Serbian soccer player did the Serbian military victory sign towards a group of Croatian supporters and almost started a riot.
Scary stuff..

But I don't think it's controversial here.. they do it all the time in team competitions. Look at this Fed Cup pic:

All of them are doing the hand sign.

Must be some serbian celebratory thing as Ana did it when Novak dedicated the trophy to Serbia.

#2,136 ·
It's not a military solute but a religious solute u retard.

#2,146 ·
#2,152 ·
I feel that my insult was greater then the one you mentioned above, and feel a bit insulted that you took it so lightly. You prick. :angel:
You trying to make me upset? you could have maybe made me upset a year ago but now I've grown immune to the bs all over this forum :yawn: so put me on ignore if you don't like me... I promise I won't bother you.

Enough of this discussion lets leave Ana's picture thread for Ana pictures :worship:

#2,134 ·
well, i don't know if it's a victory sign since people use it all of the time, not only at sports events. plus, the sign for victory is still a "v", 2 fingers lifted.

here are some other serbian athletes doing the same sign.

milos teodosic

milorad cavic

these are just the ones that came to my mind first.

#2,139 ·
Dont poke your nose in religious or national matters if u dont understand them. Simple as that.

#2,158 ·
Just because some people hate Serbs and all Serbian related things, there is no need for Ana to forget who she is.

Majmun, you really took it too seriously, Iwasgettinghigh was just curious.
Regarding Ana, not often does she show three fingers (love it when she does it because I feel in some way related to her), but wouldn't it be something if someday she shows someone A finger?

#2,162 · (Edited)
but wouldn't it be something if someday she shows someone A finger?
I would probably found that hilarious :tape::spit::worship:

All this talk about 3 fingers salute :spit:
It`s just a greeting,nothing more and if some people have problem with it that`s their problem not mine or Ana`s :shrug:

#2,159 ·
well, let's conclude this discussion, the 3 fingers salute is a serbian national symbol and anyone who feels insulted by it is a moron or worse :rolleyes:

and in spite of no bad intentions, if Iwasgettinghigh thought that ana could remotely be using something comparable to swastika then :help: there are people whose prejudices against the serbs are simply racist. don't fall for them ffs :tape:

any further talk about this topic should take place on the off-topic thread, if necessary.

#2,160 · (Edited)
I apologise to anyone offended... I did not intend to offend I saw the picture and it trigered in my mind an old story about a soccer player and this hand gesture and I posted about it with no thought the topic could be upsetting towards some... Hey I'm Australian I don't know shit about war/revolution and how it affects a country and it's peoples... and I wasn't picking sides I'm not pro/anti serb/croat/bosnian or whatever.

Actually it's the weather fault... If it wasn't hovering around 30 degrees celsius at midnight over here I wouldn't have brought this up as I would have been sleeping.

@cp6uja The last point you make is kinda the point I meant to make but in reverse. What is seen one way by one group can be seen as the opposite by another group.

#2,161 ·
I posted about it with no thought
thought so, lol :p

@cp6uja The last point you make is kinda the point I meant to make but in reverse. What is seen one way by one group can be seen as the opposite by another group.
it's meaningless, though. if some bosnian would tell you that ana is a fascist for showing 3 fingers would you think he is full of shit or would you take him seriously and say ana is full of shit?

that's my problem with what you are saying.

#2,166 ·
even I'm able to face here easily coz she's in THA, but I decided not to go, coz I get absolutely get pretty hard fever :haha:

still even Emmy Rossum came here I still didn't go, but that's I was lazy, but this case I can't due to my status :lol:

#2,168 ·
She looks awesome in those photos.

I wish i was in Thailand as well. My friend went there few times he said it's an awesome place. He went to Phuket. Maybe i get a chance to go there next year, currently short on money lol.

#2,170 ·
Everyone is going on holidays i'm stuck working. Yay for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.