Tennis Forum banner

Tamarine 'Tammy' Tanasugarn - Welcome to another year on the tour!

41K views 431 replies 44 participants last post by  Daniel. 
#1 ·
and here we go again :) tammy is still in the top 100 and playing another year. its nice to see one of the tours great veterans still play at such a high level and compete in the grand slams despite all the talk about a possible retirement. of course we all know she won't play forever, but she still has some good tennis to show. good luck to her in the coming season and enjoy playing, tammy!

#203 ·
:bounce: finally a win again. now gl in QR2!

QR2: Tanasugarn vs. (7)Meusburger

#205 ·
lost 46 26 in QR2 :sad:

#206 ·
#208 ·
R1: Tanasugarn/Jurak vs. Govortsova/Rosolska

gl tammy, get at least some doubles wins. the draw is ok.

#209 ·
R1: Tanasugarn/Jurak def. Govortsova/Rosolska 36 62 75

:bounce: congrats for that win tammy, you have 3rd round points to defend in doubles. in the first set she didn't play very good, she made too many errors. but in the second set, she turned it around, returning much better. in the third, they were leading with a break nearly all the time, but they got borken back right away every time. at 4-5, they had to serve to stay in the match. and at 5-5, they finally played two great games. now gl in R2!

#211 ·
R2: Tanasugarn/Jurak def. (10)Mladenovic/Voskoboeva 16 76 64

:bounce: great fight. keep it up tammy and get some more upsets now! R3 either against (8)Hsieh/Peng or Foretz Gacon/Hrdinova, both winnable.

#212 ·
R3: (8)Hsieh/Peng def. Tanasugarn/Jurak 64 64

:hug: at least some doubles wins here. now gl in singles in the enxt weeks, tammy!

#214 ·
R1: (3)Kumkhum/Tanasugarn def. Palkina/Shapatava 62 63

go tammy, finally get some wins again!

#217 ·
As I said in another thread. I do not think we will ever see Tammy in the top 100 in singles again, the penetration of her shots just is not there anymore.
I think she is just enjoying herself and travelling, playing tennis, while mentoring the younger generation of Thai players.
Is she want to be competitive on a tennis court, it's going to be in doubles.

#218 ·
:hug: had hoped for a win but it seems her days in singles are over. But as long as she enjoys playing, she should continue. Gl in doubles now tammy!!

#220 ·
Thank You SOOOOO Much!

Hi, Gang! :wavey:

Super long time no see. :bounce: :hearts:Thank you all so much for your continued support and good wishes.:hearts: :bounce: Please visit
https://www.facebook.com/TamarineTanasugarn I'm there more often and sharing photos from Tammy's Japan tournaments, as well as photos that fans have been kind enough to post.

:worship::worship:You're the BEST!!!!!! :worship::worship:

#221 ·
congrats tammy, keep winning and get to the final!

#223 ·
:hug: so close. better luck next time tammy!

#225 ·
Go tammy,now get some singles wins here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.