Beijing R3: Kerber def Wozniacki 61 26 64

9K views 85 replies 77 participants last post by  Deestruction 
#1 ·
This was a very entertaining match.
Wozniacki even hit forehand winners.

#4 ·
Caro :sad:

Such a good final set too :sobbing:

Whatever. She played well and showed she can still run with the top girls, and for a set and half she was clearly they better player. And then she stuttered a little, and maybe hesitated about being aggressive.

#81 ·
Caro :sad:

She played well and showed she can still run with the top girls, and for a set and half she was clearly they better player. And then she stuttered a little, and maybe hesitated about being aggressive.
It's rather sad if this is all that Caroline can hope for. This was a player who was ranked #1 not so long ago and her quality has plummeted to where a loss to anyone, at any round isn't a surprise.

#78 ·
I hate to generalize but it is mainly Asians that show no tennis etiquette at all during the tournaments - and I say that having been to the French Open and Wimbledon several times. The Indians would bring all their kids to the grounds and they would be noisy and the parents wouldn't shut them quiet. Then I was at a match of Su-Wei and the Asian couple next to me was fist pumping and yelling "Come On" off her opponents Double Faults:help: :lol: I actually filmed them coz I thought it was so hilarious.
Then the doubles in Wimbledon of Date-Krumm/Fujiwara they would clap on the most stupid mistakes by Hradecka/Hlavackova - like high-frequency clapping:facepalm:

#8 ·
Kerber 3-0 against Wozniacki in 2012, much better player this year.
Wozniacki still has not made a final in over a year, besides Intls

#12 ·
Caro :sad:, had a lot of chances in that 3rd set but made too many mistakes on easy returns.
Went for it MP down but it missed the line by little. She played better than I expected, 2nd set was really good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.