Tennis Forum banner

Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

65K views 722 replies 58 participants last post by  Pharaoh's Curse 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread :scared:.

I thought we could put miscellaneous stuff in here, plus any questions we may have or anything else we want to talk about.

What d'ya think?

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:

If, by any chance, you don't want this thread in here, let me know and I'll delete it.

#607 ·
#610 ·
“I found in Petra something very, very special,” Stepanek said. “She’s a very smart girl and very humble for a person who has already achieved so much in tennis.

“She has a big heart and when I see her parents, I kind of see my own parents. I’m so happy I found her, and it definitely changed my life.”
No argument with he found in her. My puzzlement is what she finds in him.

#609 ·
If any of you are interested, KvittyGOAT's playing and I'd really appreciate votes :). It's very fast and easy. Good rep if you do.

#613 ·
Um, what? I wasn't aware that Stepanek did drugs.

I also wasn't aware that he was a pervert. He has had three tennis player girlfriends before, all Czech or Slovak/Swiss. That, if anything, indicates not that he's a pervert or a lothario, but that he lives and breathes tennis.

4 girlfriends by his mid-thirties. Not exactly Wilt Chamberlain, is he?

Idiots need to lay off. Stepanek is a good boyfriend for Petra.

#616 ·
I liked the last part: "…and I don’t mind riding rollercoasters!". So that's why she chose to work for Petra. :rolleyes: :lol:

#619 ·
You should check out some of her tapes from 2011, :spit: ;) but why not, there is always some room for improvements. :)

#625 ·
It should be about 10 percent for prize money and 25 percent for advertising contracts.

The cut from Petra's, Lucie's, Berdych's etc. earnings help Prostejov finance future stars. Many such investments will probably never pay off so it's a risky business. Petra is now Cernosek's golden egg. The higher Petra's marketing value, the better for him and for the club. I wonder if he signs any new deals after this Wimbly title.

Check this great and insightful article:

http://strategie.e15.cz/prilohy/sportovci-jako-poslove-marketingovych-sdeleni-749231

#624 ·
Is it just me, or has Petra's Wimbledon win been almost a non-event for most of the tennis world? It's as though everyone knows that she's not going to be a week-in, week-out force dominating the tour; that her second slam title was expected, and therefore hardly news.

#627 ·
Unfortunately, no. :(

But it is good question for another Q&A or All Access Hour. :devil: :lol:

#633 ·
I think it was also the last time these two played against each other. :lol:

Reactions: Rafa15
#635 ·
With some exceptions, it seems that the probability of wining GS is decreasing with age after 28-30; see the histogram of female GS winners. A tennis player at 24-27 can be at her best both physically and mentally. Players in that age category can feel that it is the right time to achieve something before they would have to face a much tougher opposition from younger generation players. Now Petra is at the beginning of this stage. Yes, she has already won something. But don’t you think she can feel a kind of pressure - thinking that the most important years of her career are coming and that she has to deliver now because she is probably not a type of a long-age player?

Attachments

#636 ·
I dont think so at all. This pressure concerns any other player on tour and she must learn how to deal with it. If she cant, those 2 Wimby trophies could be the final count. Nevertheless, I honestly think, she can win 1-2 Wimbys more. If 4, she would be better than Davenport which would not be bad at all.

#637 ·
Some great words on Petra by Aleksandra Krunic :awww: :inlove:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjoe76

"I like Kvitova so much – after our match in New York, I saw her crying in the gym, I just wanted to hug her. She’s completely normal, she doesn’t have the need to be all dressed up in ’Louis Vuitton’ or to drive a plane or what not. She’s just doing her job and I have tremendous respect for her."

Thanks to quenelle who originally posted it ;)

#638 ·
Indeed, Alexandra seems to be a nice girl. :) :worship:
She is Petra's regular fan, she watched both her GS finals and I think she even got tickets from Petra to last year's WTA tour finals. :)

#639 ·
:oh::oh: .. Fishy business......
:oh::oh:

:oh:...mmmm.. Why do I get the feeling that Mizz Safarova is being a good friend to Mizz Kvitova and having all her 'Hand-Me-Downs'.....It is obvious Mizz Safarova is test driving all 'engines' & 'chasis' of vehicles previously driven by Mizz Kvitova and checking out the 'ride' quality! ..

:oh:.... is it not a coincidence that young Mr Pavlasek has a strong resemblence to a Mr Berdych in his younger days...

:oh:
Petra in the Mountains with Mr Berdych days after he split with Mizz Safarova...

:oh: is prostejov a tennis club or a swingers club?

:angel:Current betting odds on bet365 of young Mr Pavlasek being 'initiated' by a keen Mizz Safarova in Perth or Prostejov is 13/4

#641 ·
#645 ·
Can anybody explain why Petra has started following bride/wedding related accounts on instagram? :confused::eek: You don't think she's... nah it's too soon right? Or am I being too stalker-ish :lol::help:
:lol: Yeah, a bit. :oh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.