Tennis Forum banner

BOMBSHELL! Marion Bartoli to become a figure skater ! UPDATE : Now featuring Golovin

18K views 176 replies 80 participants last post by  Djezonfly 
#1 · (Edited)
#48 ·
Re: BOMBSHELL! Marion Bartoli to become a figure skater !

Marion definitly doesn't know what to do to stay under the spotlights, since her graal, she seems to love so much to be seen everywhere: commenting, radio, tv shows, fashion, ceremonies, football...

I imagine how classy and gracious she will be on ice...

#51 ·

Never thought this would be relevant.

#54 ·

This really puts another twist on Sharapova's saying she moves like a "cow on ice".
We now finally get to see one after all these years. :tape:

#55 ·

This really puts another twist on Sharapova's saying she moves like a "cow on ice".
We now finally get to see one after all these years. :tape:
You're thinking of Conchita Martinez.

#59 ·
#60 ·
Re: Marion Bartoli already found new plans and will be skating in "Ice Show"

Marion:)

#64 ·

:lol:

#73 ·

#78 ·

Marion's retirement was so ridiculous, it really was a slap in the face to the WTA. She should have waited till the end of the season. It was classless.
Absolutely not! She knew she would never come close to a similar result again. The retirement was a brilliant decision. At the best possible time! She left at the peak of her popularity. She is now caching on it in France big time! She is at the center of all media and is enjoying every minute (and euro) of it.
Should she finish like Roger annihilating all the good memory anybody has of him and being forced to retire as a completely embarrassing irrelevant player? Roger will not retire in the Sampras way. His retirement will be met with a big relief that the torture is finally over for everybody.

So my kudos to Marion for a great smart decision! No wonder she is considered smarter than Einstein!

--

#77 ·

Whoever is trolling as superstition is doing a phenomenal job. That level of dour earnestness is difficult to fake.

Take some Metamucil.

#83 ·

I don't think Bartoli is very smart. Every decision she has made is beyond me. Of course, it's none of my goddamn business, but she has made all the decisions I wouldn't have made. Is she seriously thinking about starter a career as a figure skater? I think that would be a ridiculous decision. I'd love to see her competing at the Olympics or whatever competition she tries to enter, but judging by her figure, I think she's got no potential as a figure skater. Is she trying to represent France at the Sochi Olympics? I know there's one black girl from France who is pretty good and rising rapidly. I don't think Bartoli can replace her to represent her country. I know she's strange and that's what has brought her all her success as a tennis player, but I doubt she can pull the same magic in figure skating.

#85 ·

I don't think Bartoli is very smart. Every decision she has made is beyond me. Of course, it's none of my goddamn business, but she has made all the decisions I wouldn't have made. Is she seriously thinking about starter a career as a figure skater? I think that would be a ridiculous decision. I'd love to see her competing at the Olympics or whatever competition she tries to enter, but judging by her figure, I think she's got no potential as a figure skater. Is she trying to represent France at the Sochi Olympics? I know there's one black girl from France who is pretty good and rising rapidly. I don't think Bartoli can replace her to represent her country. I know she's strange and that's what has brought her all her success as a tennis player, but I doubt she can pull the same magic in figure skating.
:hysteric:

#89 ·

Ridiculous. The girl doesn't know what to do (actually, everything !) to stay under the spotlights. Since her title, she's been enjoyed to be in the medias, and we see her everywhere, she accepts all the invitations, from stupid tv shows to ceremonies and fashion stuff.
Now she's going to get ridiculous at a real tv show, where she always bright by her lack of elegance. Poor Marion. Not a classy retiring.

#92 ·

Ridiculous. The girl doesn't know what to do (actually, everything !) to stay under the spotlights. Since her title, she's been enjoyed to be in the medias, and we see her everywhere, she accepts all the invitations, from stupid tv shows to ceremonies and fashion stuff.
Now she's going to get ridiculous at a real tv show, where she always bright by her lack of elegance. Poor Marion. Not a classy retiring.
What did you expect from her after retiring? To come back home in Switzerland And to watch the lake everyday? This girl is rich,she can do everything she wants under or behind spotlights. If she wants to surf on wimbledon wave,it's now.She's only 29 yrs old and has time before to have children. Did she already find the right guy to make children? She's meeting a lot of people from CIO chairman to journalists and probably will find the best father for her childrens one day or another.

Life is funny for her. It's just fun with a new goal. She's probably one of the most happiest person of the world. She was spotted ice skating 3 weeks ago around Paris. So, there is no surprise.

She said that she won't be a good coach, as she's too impatient. But i suppose that her door is wide open for all the players who need advices. Clothilde de Bernardi already discussed with her. I suppose that she'll always be there for the others. That's why i have no problems with her choices.

#90 ·

Now she's going to get ridiculous at a real tv show, where she'll bright by her lack of elegance again.Poor Marion. Not a classy retiring.

#107 ·

Now she's going to get ridiculous at a real tv show, where she'll bright by her lack of elegance again.Poor Marion. Not a classy retiring.
On the contrary, Marion is living life LARGE.. Something you should try doing. Marion won Wimbledon, she is golden, and will live in history. Funny how people can get pissed off how somebody else is enjoying life. That says a lot about the people critizing this wonderful, beautiful Wimbledon Champion..

I for one, say Go Marion, Live It, Be Happy, You Deserve It... :worship::worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.