#1 ·
Udachi Lucie.​

#83 · (Edited)
BTW, this is Lucie's section:

Victoria Azarenka [1] - Bye
Tsvetana Pironkova - Romina Oprandi
Christina McHale - Vera Dushevina [Q]
Lucie Safarova [17] - Eleni Daniilidou

She probably won't get to defend her QF points, as Vika looms in the third round.

Dangerous second-round however, against Xtina, who beat her at the AO. Lucie should get redemption if she's focused.

#84 ·
Congrats on the success at the weekend in Fed Cup for Lucie and Czech Republic, if only she could play there all the time...

It's always a positive if she beats any slightly unorthodox player and in windy conditions, so not too bad a win. :lol: That being said I fear the worst if it's windy on an outside court and Mchale get's every ball back at her... :help:

#87 ·
Nice start at Doha, Lucie ! :)

#94 ·
Yeah having 4-1 and 0-30 on McHale's serve only to lose 9 games in a row was ridiculous, and the amount of game points she missed :lol: and it was insanely windy but like I said, she can't just lose every time it's windy, she needs to figure out how to win

EDIT: Oh but she and Andrea managed to win 6-2 6-4 :lol: doubles better than singles this year

#95 ·
Lucie & Andy defeated Black/Rodionova 10-5 in STB. :yeah:

I really like this team and Im glad to see them doing well together although. :hearts: Eventhough its for this week only.

Tomorrow against Petrova/Srebotnik NB 5pm on C1. I think there will be stream. :p Good luck :cheer:

This season she is such a doubles GOAT. :lol:

#99 ·
They got trashed but its not like Andrea was much better than Lucie TBH :lol:

Really seemed to have fun out there though, which is good. :lol: They paired up because of absence of their regular partners and managed to win 2 matches so thats positive already. :) Everything beyond that would be just a bonus so I guess thats why they didnt care TOO much :lol:

#100 ·
Andrea was worse I think :hysteric: Lucie actually played some quite nice doubles points, and that 1-1 deciding point in the 2nd set she did 3 great reflex volleys and Andrea screwed up an easy backhand :lol:

But like you said they were only here to have fun so :shrug: QF is a good result

#106 ·
Got Wozniacki round 1 of Dubai :lol: obviously, we know Lucie can beat Woz...but she has to play very well to do so, no stupid errors and the right tactic...she was playing great in Doha last year and only JUST won...

Maybe she'll surprise and play well :lol:

#108 ·
Here's her section:

Caroline Wozniacki [8] - Lucie Safarova
Qualifier - Qualifier
Marion Bartoli [WC] - Klara Zakopalova
Serena Williams [2] - Bye

Too bad about the draw. She needs to make up the points lost in Doha, here! Plus, she has 2nd round points to defend. :eek:

1-2 against Woz, but beat her at Doha last year. However, we know Lucie's been in poor form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.