beat Meghann Shaughnessy 75 76 in 1st :worship: :angel:
and today beat Akiko Morigami 63 76 :angel: :bounce:

now she plays Wimbledon champ, Maria Sharapova in QF
good luck Youlia ;)

Youlia was born in Novossibisk and stayed there until she was 8

go kiddo :kiss:

#156 ·
75 62 for Jidkova.
Horrible loss for Youlia who completely choked and tanked. She led 5-3 with some set points and she still found a way to lose 8 eight games in a row. She also made a DF on match point :smash:

Really disappointing. She will never be a top player :sad:
I hope she can take the LL spot. Theoretically, she will. :) I hope she will use this big opportunity like in Tokyo.

#164 ·
Pffffff Youlia ... Bad loss, she should won that kind of match. I thought she had improved since the Australian Open and it's really not the case.
Moreover, I'm sure that she will be discouraged soon because of these chokes ... Tope 100 is very close but also very far.
This can turn into a slump. :sad:

I hope she will do better in Las Vegas next week

#169 ·
I really like this draw. Easy first round and after a possible match against Arvidsson. I hope she will at least reach the QF. But I'm sure that she will struggle against Muhammed :rolleyes:

She is still not in the Qdraw of Miami and IW and she only needs one player to withdraw ...

Good luck !

#171 ·
Oh Youlia :rolleyes: I'm very happy she got through. So many things went wrong, it's really a match to forget.

Yet she fought well to save the MP, hopefully she will find some confidence thanks to wins like that. Her problem is all in the head.
We have to admit that Youlia is always playing badly when she is the favourite. I think she will play much better than that against Arvidsson - hopefully it will be her. She needs this kind of matches.

By the way, she is the QD of IW ! ;) (taking out the 3WC)

#174 ·
As we all predicted it, Youlia lost against Jozami 76 62.
But she has a great chance to improve her ranks now in Indian Wells.
For the first round, she plays Anne Keothavong.
If she wins, she will be against Kudryavtseva or Yuan.

I think she will make it this time, go Youlia :)

#176 ·
Youlia is officially in a slump. She lost against Keothavong 63 26 63. She could have been 3-0 in the final set.

This was a match that she couldn't lose.
She will be playing at Orange next week (25 000$) and then Miami. I don't expect a good tourney as she cannot get easy wins over weak opponents.

I think that we can say good bye to her entry in the top 100.
She clearly lacks some confidence and I don't know if she will find a way to recover.

Try to think positive Youlia and come back strong for Orange !!! :hug:

#179 ·
Youlia won 67(4) 64 63. Good fight from her, I'm glad that she is giving all she has to find her confidence back. She is really physically fit.
She plays in the QF Tedjakusuma. It should be theoretically easy.
Go Youlia !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.