160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#943 ·
GSM 16 61 63. Quite a battle!

Now faces #6 Timea Babos for a spot in the main draw. Alex is even 1-all against her, but won their only claycourt match in three.

#945 ·
I'm pretty sure I have already said that elsewhere, but I want to repeat that Alexandra is one of the physically fittest players in the WTA Top 100. Even though she is having some horrible start into a match, she can be able to get back into it, by just hanging in there, getting as many balls back as possible and let the other player implode.

She doesn't have to play great tennis to dispatch these ITF players. She already showed it against Mrdeza in Bogota or Pous in Cali. She will always find a way to just tough it out.

I don't see her beating Babos on clay in this form, but she will be the 1st player to enter as a LL if someone else might withdraw.

#960 ·
Placement could have been better, but also worse.

Mladenovic is nothing special on clay, and Alexandra's gameplan for that match should be clear.

I hope she didn't waste a lot of energy in today's match, but I don't really think so. She will be the underdog, so I hope to see her playing freely.

#969 ·
Kiki Mladenovic about her win yesterday:

"...Then the third set started.. I started to feel really tired and couldn't put the same intensity to produce my tennis. I was more defensive and lost the important points - and my opponent played better.

2/4, 15/40 down in the third set.. I was definitely in a bad situation with the scoreboard; but the worst thing was from that moment I got cramps in my right calf and thigh!!!!!!! Everybody around the court was, I guess, expecting me to lose this match - I say that because I was the first one to think, 'Oh my God, how am I gonna do this now?' At that point I was serving and just tried to serve some big serves and save that game to at least make it to 3/4.. which happened!..."

Almost no time to adapt to Marrakech conditions after playing indoors for Fed Cup, tired, injured, but still she did it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.