Tennis Forum banner

~~~The Chat Thread~~~

16K views 300 replies 9 participants last post by  hellas719 
#1 ·
:p

I think it's time. I've talked to Ula and Veronika via PM and they both agreed to this thread. So now I've made it. We can discuss anything. From other tennis players to food to music to ourselves, ...
I'll start. I'm Andrew. I'm from New York (originally from Greece)
What do you guys think about Eurovision this year?

#2 ·
So much for making this thread:rolleyes::yawn:

#4 ·
Oh:sad:
It's a good song, but I don't like it:p
I mean, it's okay, but it seems like she copied Elena Paparizou's type of music:rolleyes:
Belgium is okay, but it won't win:sad:
Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Bulgaria, Germany, Russia, Ireland, Romania, and a few others have good songs in my opinion;)

Who do you like in men's tennis? What other sports do you like?

#10 ·
i cant believe ur taste lol....bulgaria?ireland?:rolleyes:
iceland (which made the final) is one of the best!
UK is ok but 2 much publicity because of sir webber!they have "spend"lots of money!!!they wanna win even if it means paying/giving money here and there!!!!
hadise that represents turkey is just ok!as u said she is copying helena paparizou!yesterday during the semi final she wasnt anything special!she gained weight since arriving in russia!anyway

#6 ·
I like a lot of sports too:D
On MTF, Baghdatis, Roddick, Blake, Djokovic and Economidis are the active players in my sig:p
I also have Philippoussis, Agassi and Sampras there;)
And all Greeks and Americans:)

I also post in other threads/forums, like Krajinovic, Tipsarevic, Troicki, Hanescu, and a few others but no where near as much as here:lol:

#7 ·
I think right now it will be Romania, Montenegro, Armenia, Turkey, Andorra, Malta, Finland, Sweden, Iceland, and Portugal get on to the final even though I don't like most of them. I hope Bulgaria makes it:scared:

#8 ·
Romania, Armenia:woohoo:
Montenegro, Belgium, Bulgaria:hug:

#14 ·
Hi all :wavey:

I didn't post earlier in this thread because I was in Madrid at the tennis tournament.Great experience despite my favourite lost.I wish Eleni had played there,it was really easy to see all the players practising and talking to them.Maybe another year if she ever regains her ranking...

As for RG,I think Safina is the clear favourite

#15 ·
Did you see anyone in my sig?

#17 ·
Cool:yeah:
Did you guys just see Eurovision? My heart was pounding in the final moments of the voting (then my Polish friend told me that Greece got through just before I saw it:D)
I think it was messed up. How did Estonia and Croatia and Lithuania get through and not Cyprus or Ireland or Poland?

#19 ·
I think Gro is more attractive, but neither one strikes me;):shrug:
I've had enough Norway today if you know what I mean:lol:
I'll admit it, they had a good song, but I don't think they were that good that they won by like 200 points, let alone winning it by 1 point:tape:
We came in 7th I think. Or was it 6th:unsure:
I thought that we had a chance, but I was expecting a top 5 or something:shrug:
I also think Romania was too good to finish that low.

Also, Anna Gerasimou played in WTA Warsaw qualies today:p (but she lost to Arn 16 63 36 or something like that:eek:)
But you don't like any Polish girls? Aga? Ula? Marta? Kasia? ?????

#20 ·
Oh, and I think Nadal will win it this year again even though I hate him. My sister will be happy at least:shrug:
I think he will beat Roger in the final, and Novak and Roddick.
Juan Martin, Murray, Verdasco and Wawrinka lose in QF's;)
James, Gonzalez, Davydenko, Safin, Troicki :)eek:), Simon, Monflis, Tsonga lose in R4
Women:
Safina d. Venus in F
Kuznetsova, Dementieva lose in SF
Serena, Ana, Jelena, and Caroline lose in QF
Amelie, Flavia, Marion, Agnes, Vika, Aga, Nicole, and Masha lose in R4

#24 ·
Roger:yeah::yeah::yeah::woohoo::woohoo:
Guess who's back????? Rogi's back!!!!!:bounce:

#26 ·
So did you guys watch ESC yesterday? My thoughts:
Norway-Maybe they deserved to win, but not by that much. They're song was good, but not that good.
Iceland-I guess they deserved top 5, but 2nd place seems like too much:shrug:
Azerbaijan-Definitely didn't deserve #3. I'd put it between 5 and 10.
Turkey-4th place was pretty deserved IMO:shrug:. Maybe it deserved higher:unsure:
UK-5th place? I'd give it like 10th. It wasn't even that good. How could Greece give that 12 points?:tape:
Estonia-I can't understand how everyone likes that song. I think it is so dull and boring. I'd say it deserved like 15th place or so.
Greece-I think we deserved higher than 7th place. A nice 3rd-5th position would satisfy me:D
France-Similar to what I said about Estonia. 15th place or so.
Bosnia and Herzegovina-Similar to Estonia and France.
Armenia-I think they really deserved 10th place. I loved their song, but it isn't very European, so 10th is good. Maybe as high as 7th or 8th.
Russia-11th place seems pretty deserved.
Ukraine-Definitely deserved much more than 12th place. I thought that was a lock for the top 5.
Denmark-13th place seems right for them this year.
Moldova-14th place seems just about right. They could've been as high as 7 or 8 in my opinion.
Portugal-15th place seems right. No higher than 12 or 13. No lower than 17 or 18.
Israel-16th place isn't right. They were definitely a top 10 song. Maybe as high as top 5.
Albania-17th place = not too good. Top 10 is more reasonable for that song IMO.
Croatia-18th place might be too high for them. I'd put them between 23 and 25.
Romania-19th is way too low for such a great song. At least top 10. When that song came out, I was afraid it would smoke the competition. This song is way to underrated.
Germany-20th place isn't really good for them. I'd put them between 10 and 15.
Sweden-21st place = pretty deserved. No more than 15-20th place.
Malta-22nd place is too low for them. Anything between 10 and 15 would be good. I feel sorry for Chiara. She almost won ESC 2 times and now she got a low place. Can you compete in ESC more than 3 times? If not, then Chiara will never be in it again:sad:. And neither will Anna Vissi:bigcry:
Lithuania-23rd place is enough for them:lol:
Spain-23rd place too (it was a tie). I'd put them at about 10.
Finland-Maybe not last place. 20th would be fine for them:shrug:

Guys, please comment on this. I didn't want to waste all this time for nothing:eek:

#27 ·
If I was in Greece now, I would've voted:
12-Armenia
10-Romania
8-Norway
7-Moldova
6-Ukraine
5-Spain
4-Germany
3-Israel
2-Azerbaijan
1-Turkey

I also think that Montenegro, Serbia, Cyprus (bias:eek:), Ireland, and Hungary deserved spots in the final;)

#28 ·
Ula, do you follow men's volleyball? I'm curious because I see that Greece is in Group C in the Men's European Chamiponships this year along with Spain, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Can Greece beat them?

Any of you guys follow basketball?

#29 ·
Spain is a great time, they're European Champions. Slovakia and Slovenia should be within your reach, I hope. I'll cheer for Greece :) Personally, I'm more interested in womens volleyball even though my fave Maggie Glinka is no longer playing (shes expecting her first baby somewhen in June). Womens ECH are played in Poland :)

#30 ·
first of all hi to all!those i like and those i dont like!its the truth sorry lol.
well done and congrats to roger!!!but please repeat that kind of win play in RG!!!!
as about the eurovision song contest!!!norway wasnt that special!i didnt like the song from the get go!!!i also disliked the singers face so much!!!
Iceland was great!!!yohanna has a powerful voice and a great face!!!thats why she scored that high!if she could have done a better promotion of the song she would have score a lot higher and maybe threat norvway!!!for sure!!!but the fact that her country bankrupt didnt help!!!
as for the rest estonia was also great,as it was azerbaijan etc!greece did the best they could!sakis was amazing and a perfect showman!i am still socked that he didnt score higher but....we should have expected this kind of voiting especially after the comeback of the juries!!!
roumania for example gave greece 8 points! the juries gave 6 to sakis!which means what u guys???in order to get a total of 8 points it means that the public gave 10 to greece! 6+10=16/2=8!!!

for eurovision thats a big difference!i mean from 6 to 10!!!its unfair not only for greece but for many others to get this kind of treatment!how can 5 people (juries) have this kind of power?how can they be fair and not biased?take this kind of power away!

#32 ·
Chris, I really agree with you about the jury thing;)
But we would still expect a lot more though. Oh well:shrug:

#33 ·
You guys do not understand how thrilled I have been with Irini Georgatou recently. Her record in April was 13-1 in singles and now she is ITF player of the month:hearts:
She plays 25k in Uzbekistan june1-7 shes 2nd in qualies but should be moved into MD soon as it is very early:D
And that is a week one and she can win it if she continues hergood form so she can maybe be the next Greek at a slam (Papamichail playing RG juniors doesn't count:p)

I am so happy for her:D
ANd she's got good looks too:)

#34 ·
5 picks to win women's RG:
-Safina
-V.Williams
-S.Williams
-Sharapova
-Dementieva

5 Dark horses(out of top20):
-Suarez Navarro
-Wickmayer
-Lisicki
-Szavay
-Cornet

#35 ·
BUMP!!!:p
So, what other tennis players do you guys like??
Everyone is in my sig:p
For men, I have Baghdatis, Economidis, Roddick, Blake, and Djokovic in my sig, with al other Greek and American guys too:cool:
I also post in Bozoljac, Tipsarevic, Troicki, Hanescu, Clement and Llodra's threads/forums:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.