Tennis Forum banner

Which Group Will End Up With More Success?

Which Group Will End Up With More Success?

4K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  binky-GOAT 
#1 ·
Group A:

1. Azarenka
2. Wozniacki
3. Pavlyuchenkova
4. Errani
5. Paszek

Group B:

1. Kvitova
2. Radwanska
3. Barthel
4. Kerber
5. Cirstea

Vote.

#4 ·
Very hard to say - almost 50/50 really. But if you put a gun to my head I'd go for group A.

In terms of slam winning ability I think it's virtually even with one player from each group having done it before and likely to do it again. It's impossible to predict who of them will end up with more, but since (so far) Kvitova is a very up and down player while Azarenka is more consistent Vika is more likely to be in the mix at the QF stage or beyond of a slam on more occasions than Petra. Than you have Wozniacki from group A and Radwanska and possibly Kerber from group B who might sneak one in if the draw works out for them and/or if they play the match of their life at exactly the right time.

In terms of the total number of tournaments they will end up winning I think that group A has the edge because of the consistency of Azarenka, Wozniacki and possibly Errani on clay (still remains to be seen if she'll continue to do as well as this year).

Just guessing though because the quality of the two groups is pretty equal.

#9 ·
Group A++ : Serena, Maria will win more slams these mugs

in 2012 it was 3-1 versus generation "still Suck"

#26 ·
You sure? Although everyone will think I am crazy, I have to say my bets between Azarenka's and Kvitova's overall carreer success are going in Kvitova's favour. By the end of her career I excpect from Kvitova to win at least 4 or 5 Grand slams, and I don't think Azarenka will do it. In fact, I think Azarenka will not be so powerfull ever again, like she was in 2012, but will probably win one or two GS in next couple of years. Wozniacki will probably have more success than Radwanska in a years to come, but Kerber will do much more than Errani, who is, in my opinion one and a half season girl. So... Group B. ;)

#16 ·
the only player among all these mugs who deserves some (really more than some)credit is Petra Kvitova. But her main problem is that she doesn't have champion's character, looks too amateurish in interviews, too kind and peaceful. It's good in normal life but in sport she should learn to be a fighter....

I still think she with her superior in her generation power and talent will be a more accomplished player than Pusherenka , who will always struggle with her "lack of talent". But Petra really needs her "Ivan Lendl" , who will push her career....

#28 ·
Players in group B has more potential than A, but A has more success now. For me B will be better. Kvitova is material for No.1, Radwanska and Kerber TOP 3, Barthel TOP 10, Cirstea TOP 20.
+1.

You sure? Although everyone will think I am crazy, I have to say my bets between Azarenka's and Kvitova's overall carreer success are going in Kvitova's favour. By the end of her career I excpect from Kvitova to win at least 4 or 5 Grand slams, and I don't think Azarenka will do it. In fact, I think Azarenka will not be so powerfull ever again, like she was in 2012, but will probably win one or two GS in next couple of years. Wozniacki will probably have more success than Radwanska in a years to come, but Kerber will do much more than Errani, who is, in my opinion one and a half season girl. So... Group B. ;)
No, you are not crazy at all. I think most would agree that Petra has more potential/talent than Vika so it won't be that surprising to see her having better career than Vika when everything is said and done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.