Tennis Forum banner

Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

227K views 1K replies 49 participants last post by  Haihui 
#1 · (Edited)
I just take the sensational win from Ilka Csoregi at the Inka Bowl tournament of Peru (G2) as a reason to start this thread where we can accompany talented Romanian juniors on their way to the Top and hopefully to a thread of their own! :angel:

I hope for a Golden generation! :cheer:

Notable Romanian Juniors (2011):

Name/ Date of Birth/ Junior Ranking/ WTA Ranking
Ilka Csoregi/ 12.04.96/ 13
Irina Maria Bara/ 18.03.95/ 95
Ioana Loredana Rosca/ 20.09 96/ 100
Ioana Ducu/ 18.04.96/ 200
Cristina Ene/ 18.12.95/ 234
Srefania Hristov/ 16.09.94/ 273
Raluca Ciufrila/ 18.01.97/ 290
Oana Georgeta Simion/ 08.03.96/ 350
Andreea Gradinaru Fometescu/ 07.05.96/ 588/ 1209
Ilinca Teodora Bercaru/ 09.07.95/ 813

See less See more
#275 ·
Lost, but won 7 games against a seeded players in her very first junior tournament (G2) which is pretty ok, considering that she just went from a busy week.

We will see where she plays next. Maybe a minor junior event in Romania?

#276 ·
Even if it lose a few matches, it must play as many tournaments like this. For ex. this girl from russia :(!!? Anna Ureke (sounds like Romanian-maybe..ureche D:?), has less than 12 yrs a half,but is SF.!! in a Herodotou Tennis Academy U16, where it play with Raluca Georgiana Serban 15 yrs old.G1.Stanley Cup Under 14.Tomorrow QF..Dalma GALFI [1] VS Andrada Ioana SURDEANU [6]Nikolina JOVIC VS [2]Andreea Amalia ROSCA [8] will be tough 4 our girls..btw I saw Andrea vs Petia Arshinkova at dr. OETKER Junior Trophy,and she is very feeble even for her age, lack of power and strength but in terms of technique and intelligence impressed me, simply dont make mistakes, and masters all shots, if it it be to resemble a famous player... that would be Radwanska

#282 ·
Hungarian journalist introduces a Csoregi Ilka... :facepalm: Csöregi Ilka az erdélyi teniszsport legnagyobb reménysége.(Csöregi Ilka the greatest hope of the Transylvanian tennis :rolleyes:...
Understand that it was hard to pronounce word romania, or to present it.. Romanian player of Hungarian descent, born in Cluj-Napoca. However wonder not said she is the great hope of Hungarian tennis :haha:.Otherwise I found a really cool interview with Ilka, is very beautiful and nice girl

#284 ·
Yep, that was the first interview I found when I first tried to see who Ilka was. You are right, that host talks way too much, really annoying :)

I think it's nice that she has high goals as long as she works hard to try to achieve them. I would like to see her number 1.
I wish Google translate would do a better job with that Hungarian article but I believe I got the main ideas from it.

#286 ·
Yep Andreea lost in the QF with Dalma Galfi [1].. but won the final at doubles before the same player :bounce:.Raluca Georgiana Serban [3, WC]:cheer: won the HERODOTOU TENNIS ACADEMY U16. Tomorrow Gd Tennis Cup final. Cristiana Miruna TUDOR [8]vs Daria KRUZHKOVA[1] ...good luck Miruna(cute name) :wavey:

#298 ·
Tiny for 17 years... but says it has an offensive play. hopefully her stature will not be a major obstacle in her game. With points gained at medias,:) Jacqueline entered in ITF Junior Rankings(1783)...I hope that some of the 10,000 ITF tournament in ro. to give her a WC..she deserves

#299 ·
I reckon the idea about creating an own thread for her, but I would wait until she is really winning some, not that we will have another one of those empty player threads that never happened.

#300 ·
Yeah, it's not the right time yet, I've said this earlier too :p We should start it when she'll be playing junior ITFs on a regular basis and also having good results. When the thread is ready to be created, I wanna' do it:oh:

Oh, and she won her first round match in the G2 in Austria.

#306 ·
Turned out this was an excellent scoreline after all :lol:
Korashvilli is now #29, after great results in the last few weeks. Korashvilii defeated 6-1 6-1 both Rychagova and Kudermetova, which are top '97 girls, and also defeated Barbara Haas after a tough match.

Other great news, Ilka just had 2 relevant wins in Astrid Bowl, defeating Varvara Flink and Francois Abanda, both good players on clay.

#304 ·
Jackie lost :hug:, but the opponent was valuable and older. However still gained 20 points, and give another jump (few hundred) in the rank. I looked on juniors rank to see who is the best rank. having about the same age as jackie.And the best rank is Alicia Black!!! (rank 127.with 272.50 point), same that jackie d. in Les Petits as Tarbes(6-2 6-3), same Alicia has d. Ilka Csoregi 6-1 6-3!! If nothing unexpected happens, and Jackie continue to develop normally, I think up 2-3 years will be in the top 10 juniors.

#305 ·
1st Round
Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [6] BYE
2nd Round
Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [6] 6-2 0-6 6-4 Su Jeong JANG (KOR)
3rd Round
Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [6] 7-5 6-2 Erin ROUTLIFFE (CAN) [10]

Tough 2nd round match and an ugly bagel :unsure:
Good win in the 3rd, though, Routliffe was good lately.
Very hard match next, against Ana Konjuh.

#309 ·
In her very first pro tournament :D
Cetin is unranked, but she's 3 years and a half older and she's home, so Jackie' performance is kinda' impressive, especially given the scoreline :)

LE: not really the first, she lost the qualifying round and entered the main draw as a lucky loser :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.