Tennis Forum banner

Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

51K views 869 replies 33 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Yulia Beygelzimer is very talanted Ukarainean player who is ukrainean doubles leader.

Residence Donetsk, Ukraine
Date of Birth October 20, 1983
Birthplace Donetsk, Ukraine
Height 5' 8 1/2'' (1.74 m)
Weight 132 1/2 lbs. (60 kg)
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Status Pro (June 12, 2001)
Career-high singles 104
Career high doubles 57

Best results
* Minsk $25k 05 * Biella $50k 05 * Orange $50k 04
SF Denain $75k 03 F Cagnes-S-M $75k 03 * Szczecin $50k 02
* Amiens $10k 02 * Lecce $10k 02 * Sezze $10k 01​

See less See more
Reactions: Bette_Midler
#264 ·
After YB reached the QF of WTA in Barcelona last April, always aware of those 86 points earned .....Barcelona was cancelled this year and YB lost to nmbr 2 seed Cadantu in WTA Katowice event late last night 75 62. Been a difficult few weeks, Yuliya played lots of WTA events, including Dubai and KL and Charleston - hideous draws, in fact in her past 6 tournaments since Fed Cup Yuliya drew a seed in four of them in R1.....kinder draws would have bolstered her a bit. Her ranking will fall from 170 mark to around 210, so hopefully things will turn around in the next few weeks. She deserves it! :)

#266 ·
Ok, update time. After falling to Cadantu in Katowice ( who went on to SF of the MD) YB lost her 86 points from her WTA QF in Barcelona last year.

She has another 34 points to defend this week as she was r/u in a 25 K in Italy last year.

She is doing V well this week in a 50 K in Istanbul.

She beat Sadivic (SUI ) 63 63 R1, and this afternoon she beat the nmbr 6 seed Panova (RUS) 67(2) 61 64 to reach the QF. She plays Dushevina (RUS) tomorrow. Good luck Yuliya! :bounce:

Wiesbaden next tournament and no points to defend! Onwards and back upwards YB

#268 ·
Yuliya will be up again to around 205 next monday, enough to get into the qualies at Wimbledon.

She got to the final round of qualifying over the w/e at WTA Strasbourg, then lost to Pennetta 64 fs after 2.5 hours. Now at Roland Garros for French Open - not a great draw - Castano R1, but our girl has a chance. She is playing better again'

Good luck Yuliya :bounce::):bounce:

#269 ·
Indeed a tough draw for Yuliya indeed... but who knows..

Was some good there in Strasbourg, hopefully it gave her a good boost for Roland Garros...

Good luck Yuliya and Go for it :) :bounce: :bounce

Well done David for keeping this thread up to date... I am not that much online here but through this thread i keep track of Yuliya's results.. Need to post here more but i just don't have that much time on my hands...

#270 ·
Thank you for the post! Good to hear from you.

Yuliya beat Castano 62 64 in 1.30 minutes on court 3. Followed on live score, lots of close games but Yuliya was strong. After three breaks at the start of set 2, each girl held on to her serve. Thus Yuliya held 4 times consecutively from 21 with a break. At 54 Yuliya served out to love to win!

Goodness you need nerves of steel to follow the live scores, let alone play!!

Sanchez, Nmbr 4 seed , tomorrow. Definitely winnable - good luck Yuliya :)

#271 ·
She beat Sanchez 4 & 1 in Q2! :woohoo: 2 good wins :hearts: She started not very well, down 0-3 in Set 1 after she wasted lots of BPs & GPs, but then she came abck to 3 all and she's been rock solid! Really hope she qualifies :cheer::cheer:

#273 ·
Indeed! Onwards now Yuliya :)

Some satisfying results! Well done Yuliya...

Would be great if she would qualify for the MD.. Just do it, you can! :)

#274 ·
You were right. She has made the MD at Roland Garros. Yuliya beat Teliana Pereira (16) 60 36 63 :worship:

Hoping she gets a good draw. SO pleased for YB, she had to fight like crazy in the third set - I think I aged 100 years when she led 52 40-0 fs only then to lose the next 7 points. From 0-30 she held her nerve on her serve and took the last four points to win :). No stress....!:bounce:

#275 ·
Just seen the match stats, maybe the success YB is having this week is down to a new approach? She is normally very steady, conservative even, BUT 42 winners today and 25 approaches to the net. Pereira had 17 winners and only 9 forays to the net. These are unusual stats for Yuliya? 42/37 winner / unforced error ratio, and 52% success at the net. She is going for it!:):):)

#278 ·
Nice draw. Hope for a win tomorrow. Yuliya can play excellent on clay ;)

#277 ·
Yuliya in French Open main draw again ! :hearts: :cheer:

So happy for her. I really like her game. Remember her match vs Capriati at French Open R1 in 2004. Yuliya was leading 3-0 in 3rd set, but Capriati won the match 6-2 4-6 6-4.

Clay is her best surface and French Open is her best Grand Slam. Yuliya was 3 times in main draw here, but always had tough opponents with Capriati 2004, Dulko 2006 and Safarova 2007. Against Dulko she played a great match and only lost 11-9 in 3rd set. In her first FO appearance 2003 Yuliya lost in Q3 to a certain Maria Sharapova 6-7 7-5 8-6.

#279 ·
Yuliya just lost to Garcia 3-6 4-6.. Watched the match for quite a bit on live stream, pity she lost but she did put up a well fight...

I think Yuliya can look back to a great Roland Garros tournament, hopefully she can ge upward and onward from now on, and i am sharing the thought of David, hopefully this will be a new approach and hopefully it will led to some good things...

All the best in your next tournaments Yuliya, just believe in yourself and that you can do it. You found a new fan in me, i actually were always a fan, but never really showed it, from now on i'll root for you.. :) Onwards Yuliya and go for it! :)

#280 ·
Yes it was a good tournament, I saw a great deal on live stream too....it was close, bar Caroline Garcia has a great serve.

Yuliya has a new fan, so pleased! I won't be writing to myself!!!!!:)

Yuliya will be back inside the Top 200 now, and I see from Spiceboy she is accepted for the Wimbledon QD....I will get to see her!:)

#281 · (Edited)
Indeed... you won't be writing to yourself anymore.. will be trying to be here time to time to update ;)

Yuliya is playing the qualies in Nürnberg

She is seeded 8 and this is her section..

(1)Aleksandra Krunic v Lyudmyla Kichenok
Grace Min v Mervana Jugic-Salkic
(wc)Nina Zander v Kristina Barrois
Andrea Gamiz v (8)Yuliya Beygelzimer

Quite winnable first round match for Yuliya, but still tricky, young players are no pushovers...

Good luck Yuliya! :bounce: let's go and do it :) :bounce:

Reactions: rucolo
#283 ·
Nice start in Nürnberg Quali, Yuliya ! :cheer:

Hope she can keep it up. Good luck in Q2 vs Barrois ;)

#284 ·
#285 ·
Yuliya into Q3. She beat Barrois 6-2 7-6 ! :yeah:

Only one more match. Please qualify for main draw ;)

#286 ·
Going good for Yuliya! :)

C'mon Yuliya, let's go! :bounce:

#287 ·
Yuliya lost her Q3 match, but entered main draw as LL ! :lol:

MD R1 Yuliya vs Larsson. Jankovic could wait in R2. Come on ;)

#288 ·
63 67(3) 75 Larsson....YB had 4/13 break point success, more than JL. Soooo close. JL served for match at 53 fs and Yuliya broke back and also had a bp for 65 fs and Larsson hit an ace on second serve.....

Yuliya is certainly playing better and better, stats were good for her serve too - winning a lot more points on the serve.

I will see Yuliya next week at the Wimbledon qualies, will send a report and get some pictures :)

PS - Yuliya in doubles action today with Nina Bratchikova. They have the nmbr 1 seeds Peschke and Gronefeld R1 - good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.