Tennis Forum banner

~Ana's articles~

544K views 5K replies 176 participants last post by  Triggervic 
#1 ·
Well basically as the title says, this is the thread to post all of the articles u find on Ana... Seeing there have been a lot lately I think this thread is starting to be needed ;)
I'll kick us off with an article from almost a week ago, it comes with a GREAT pic too which I'll put in the pic threads :D Enjoy! :bounce:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,20991840-10389,00.html
Handling wild ride
Paul Malone
December 31, 2006 12:00am

MARTINA Hingis says there are many players as good as tennis pin-up Ana Ivanovic, but who don't have the public profile of the emerging Serbian teenager.

Ivanovic was so tennis crazy as an 11-year-old that she went out to practice after NATO bombs had stopped falling on her home city of Belgrade.

She is unflappable and does not shy from the attention which follows her tennis success and her dark good looks.

Ivanovic, seeded third in a field headed by world No.7 Hingis for the Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourt Titles, which start today at Royal Pines resort, improved her ranking 80 places this year to No.14.

The 19-year-old's best tournament was a maiden WTA Tour tier-one title in which she beat Hingis in straight sets in the final in Montreal, a result that led Ivanovic to say she would have a psychological advantage over Hingis next time the two Switzerland-based players met.

Of Ivanovic, Hingis said: "There are a lot of players equally as good, but not as talked about. But she has potential. She had a good season and she's a talented up-and-coming player. If I said I was scared of anybody, I'd be false."

Ivanovic, who happily helped promote the Gold Coast tournament and herself on Friday with a press photo call at a local theme park, said the Montreal win could give her a psychological advantage at their next meeting, which may come on the Gold Coast.

Ivanovic's rise to tennis prominence and her lucrative appearances in advertising campaigns in Europe for the WTA Tour's sponsor and the sporting clothing multinational she endorses, is a wonderful success story.

When the Western military alliance NATO bombed Belgrade in 1999, Ivanovic and her coach curtailed one practice session and started to hit in the mornings, when the locals found the raids were less likely.

"It was scary, but I got used to it," Ivanovic, who has relatives in Melbourne, said.

"My parents tried to be protective, but you could see on the news what was happening.

"We would start coming to practice the next morning and talk about the bombs the night before. It was a difficult time."

Ivanovic's coach David Taylor, the Australian Fed Cup captain, said he had confidence in her continuing ability to concentrate on essential tennis matters and not be distracted by the other opportunities and requests.

"Sure, she's a pretty girl. But what motivates her is tennis and in no way has she made a decision which makes tennis come second to her other interests," Taylor said.

"If it ever did, I'd be worried. I can't ever see it happening."

Ivanovic, who served notice of her improvement in Sydney last January when she beat Amelie Mauresmo, the subsequent Australian Open champion, said she enjoyed the variety offered by the glamour photo shoots she has done for sponsors.

"It's a nice way to get away from tennis and I enjoy getting my make-up and hair done," she said.

"I spend a lot of time in a tracksuit or tennis clothes. The sponsorships are coming from my results and how you look doesn't help you win points.

"I got some confidence that I can actually beat top players and compete for a big title."

Ivanovic is on her fifth trip to Australia, a country she had always wanted to visit as a child.

"The first time I came here I fell in love with the country," she said. "It's always been a pleasure coming back here. I enjoy the sea and the beaches."

See less See more
Reactions: Tsveti's#1Fan
#3,998 ·
Ana Ivanovic is confident in their muscles
Our tennis player, a good mood after the first win in Melbourne, talking about his weight, Fed Cup, free time. - "I will play against Slovakia in Cairo"

Bursting with power: Ana Ivanovic at yesterday's training session Photo Michael Babic
From correspondents "Journal"

Melbourne - Australian Open has started to pick up steam, but that's no reason to forget the other important events. One of them is surely Fed Cup in Serbia which starts in less than a month against Slovakia in Nis (9-10. February).

If there are no unforeseen circumstances, our team will head to Cairo Ana Ivanovic. before half-decade best tennis player in the world, is determined to be part of the team that will make Serbia the first trophy in this competition.

Good mood after a convincing victory over the Hungarian woman Zinc, the best Serbian tennis player spoke optimistically about the challenges ahead (early in the morning playing against Tajvanke Chan), but the joke on their own account.

- The plan is to play - even though he says Ana will therefore have a very hard program, because it goes from Melbourne to Pattaya City and in Nis, and then followed back to Asia, to tournaments in Doha and Dubai.

Can a title this year?

- That's the goal, to one day bring home the trophy as the men in the Davis Cup. Last year we were really close, but we have not succeeded much to blame for that. We have a very young team and we have a chance to win.

Serbia this year to be able to play all the matches at home?

- This is great, because last year we had just bad luck that we've always played away from home. now but it will all come back so it might be destined to remain in our cup.

Jelena Jankovic will play in Nis, and the question is whether it will be in later matches. Will you now be the team leader?

- Selector should be the leader, and we players to be assenting. only way to win the title. We have a great atmosphere in the team, in Prague we got along fine. 's best to keep it up and get to the World Cup. selector But this that has to be stronger, to be a true leader.

There will be a lot of matches this year?

- All we are trying to play more for the team but was a very difficult time because the season is incredibly long, especially because of past Olympics. Due to the Fed Cup finals we further extend the season. We represent your country in tournaments and the Olympics , and the Fed Cup, and Hopman Cup. Sometimes it's really hard to choose, our people sometimes do not realize how hard it is and we have to decide, and to preserve our body.

Last fall there was a lot of talk about your weight, you lose weight. How?

- It strengthened me, look what I've got muscles! - Ivanovic laughed, pointing to squeeze the biceps. - I've been working on increasing the muscle mass, the explosion. Zlatko My coach has done his job well, you can see it on the field, it gives me a lot of confidence. We've known for a long time, but we started to work regularly in September.

How do you spend your free time?

- I have not had a lot, because I practiced a lot these days, a lot of work to stretch and recovery, prevention. went to the zoo, it was nice for a change, was out shopping, cinemas, restaurants.

V. Velickovic

-------------------------------------------------- ---------

Staff as Djokovic

Ana Ivanovic today surrounded by his coaching staff that the number and composition reminiscent of Djokovic.

- These are the head coach Nigel Sears, sparring partner Joy Syriana, Branko Penić physiotherapist and fitness coach Zlatko Novković that alone is not here. Stretching and speed of recovery are very important and contribute to the safety and better game and better preparation and training for the match - Ivanovic said.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------

I'm too emotional

Ivanovic admits that it is not always strong enough in the field.

- I am pretty emotional player. Sometimes it can hinder me, but also to help. trying to change, to be more aggressive and less emotional, but it's hard.

Published on: 16.01.2013
http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Sport/Tenis/Ana-Ivanovic-se-uzda-u-svoje-misice.lt.html

Ana's fitness coach is not travelling with her...

#4,001 ·
Ana Ivanovic 20-1-13
Sunday, 20 January, 2013

Start of Player Photo

Ana Ivanovic bio
Transcribed Interview

Start of Transcribed Interview

Q. Do you feel okay right now? Is there something you can take away from tonight's match?

ANA IVANOVIC: Obviously I'm disappointed. I really feel I was mis-timing a lot of balls in the first set. I started playing better in the second set, but she played a good match. She's a really tough player.

And, you know, rankings don't lie. She's there because she deserves it.

Q. Do you feel like you're getting up to that level?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I really felt like I could challenge her, and it was really frustrating in the second set. I had so many chances. Even in the beginning of the first, I thought some of the games in the beginning could have gone either way.

That's the frustrating thing. That was the frustrating thing tonight. But she's that kind player that makes you work. She doesn't give you much. I feel I'm on a high level. I just have to prove that and make that step of beating top players.

Q. Did you feel like she played better than you expected her to? She didn't miss any balls out there all night.

ANA IVANOVIC: I kind of expected that because we played a lot of times in the past. But I was just very surprised at the speed of the balls, especially in the beginning. It took some time for me to adjust. I always felt I was too far from the ball, and I was mis-hitting lots of balls.

Sort of in the second set I started moving forward a little more. Then she was changing rhythm, as well. So, yeah, I guess that's she is where she is.

Q. When you say you're surprised by the speed, was she hitting harder than you thought or softer?

ANA IVANOVIC: No, it was quite softer. I had to move a lot forward. I wasn't doing that enough in the first set and I wasn't staying low enough on my shots, especially on the forehands. I was pulling out of my shots too early and I was mis-hitting a lot.

Q. She's not known for somebody who is a really big server. She had seven aces tonight. Do you think her serve is an under-respected part of her game?

ANA IVANOVIC: I think her game overall is like that. She sort of, you know, gives you time, and then all of a sudden she goes for it. She's placing it really well. She's obviously very talented and has great hands. She was placing the serves really well, and it's hard to read it. She can do either side of ball toss, so I guess that's why she's successful at it.

Q. I know you talked about wanting to develop upper body strength. How do you go about doing that? Hit the weight room?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, just basically do the gym. Yeah, just repetitions, yeah, some weights.

Q. Bench pressing or...

ANA IVANOVIC: Just some dumbbells, free weights, and lots of push ups.

Q. How many push ups can you do now at a time?

ANA IVANOVIC: About 15 maybe (smiling). I wouldn't go challenge now.

Q. Is it frustrating for you? You get to the fourth round, and I suppose the highs of your career sort of four or five years ago, you are always defined by that. Is it frustrating that people keep harkening back to the French Open and runner up here at the Australian Open?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it is frustrating because I feel like I create chances for myself again. I feel a few years back when I was losing in the second and third rounds of Grand Slams, that was the level then. And yet I cannot sort of make that step, that sort of breakthrough.

Yeah, I guess sometimes results don't come as early as you expect them. Sometimes it takes time, you know, for a few things to fall in place.

I definitely feel my game is in a higher level than it was over the last few years.

Q. That keeps you going?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. Definitely. That's what still drives me, to play and compete. I want to compete for big titles in big tournaments because I feel my game is still there. You know, I have strength to do so.

Q. Do you think Agnieszka can challenge Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka for a Grand Slam title? Is she on the same level?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, she took Serena into third set in Wimbledon, in grass. I think she definitely can.

You know, she's a player, it's no secret, who doesn't make too many winners, but she has good hands. She can really get the opponents to feel a little awkward, you know, make you go for too much.

You know, that's her strength.

Q. On your strength thing, your serve, is that part of it? You don't quite have the velocity you had earlier in your career. Is it all about upper body strength?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, no, it's just overall strength. It's lots of repetitions. Tennis, it's very physical, and you do hit a lot of forehands or serves, sort of high shots. You need that strength to put behind the ball so you can generate more pace and power.

Serve, it's also a lot of technique. I still can serve pretty hard out there. But, you know, it's just something I really feel I need to work, and a little more explosivity also.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2013-01-20/201301201358676243302.html

#4,002 ·
Ana Ivanovic fails to find traction
BY: MARGIE MCDONALD From: The Australian January 21, 2013 12:00AM

THE real Ana Ivanovic needs to find her way back through the fog, or a career that promised so much five years ago may fade away.

The 25-year-old won the French Open title in 2008, but after being blitzed 6-2 6-4 last night by Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska, she seems a long way from those heights.

After showing glimpses of her old self in early round wins over Melinda Czink (Hungary), Yung-Jan Chan (Taiwan), and fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic, where she dropped only one set throughout, Ivanovic's game fell apart against Radwanska in last night's fourth round.

Radwanska, the fourth seed, is on a whirlwind ride right now. She took the Auckland title in four matches, the Sydney crown in five, and is four and still counting in Melbourne. Last night's routine win over Ivanovic was her 13th straight win.

"She was more aggressive in the second set. She has good volleys and moves around the court well. There were some long, tight games," Radwanska said, in a gracious bow to her opponent.
"But in the important moments I was very focused."

In the break points, Ivanovic crumbled.

"I really felt like I could challenge her, and it was really frustrating in the second set. I had so many chances," Ivanovic said.

She was ranked No 15 at the end of last year, which was her best finish since her Roland Garros triumph: "I guess sometimes results don't come as early as you expect them. Sometimes it takes time for things to fall in place because I definitely feel my game is in a higher level than it was over the last few years."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...to-find-traction/story-fnbe6xeb-1226557810362

The bolded quote feels so surreal to me.. Results don't come as early as you expect? Define early, right? Its been 5 years. And then sometimes things take time to fall into place? I hate this kind of thought process.. its as if its not in your hands, but in the universe's hands, and suddenly, at some point, stars will simply align. I mean.. WTF?!

#4,003 ·
Same old. It's all a process, it takes a time, things should fall into place. What things, what place? My brain hurts me when I read it. Things to fall into place, really? Just way for the right moment, Ana, that's the way. In the meanwhile Errani will play slam finals, Kerber will play slam semifinals, Makarova and Stephens will play quarterfinals and Ana will wait for ... to ... whatever. And those girls with limited skills and talent deserve to be successful much more than Ana, Petrova etc.

#4,004 · (Edited)
Same old. It's all a process, it takes a time, things should fall into place. What things, what place? My brain hurts me when I read it. Things to fall into place, really? Just way for the right moment, Ana, that's the way. In the meanwhile Errani will play slam finals, Kerber will play slam semifinals, Makarova and Stephens will play quarterfinals and Ana will wait for ... to ... whatever. And those girls with limited skills and talent deserve to be successful much more than Ana, Petrova etc.
You are right, Nadia and Ana are in top 15 are there because their big talent - not hard work... But Angie and Sara are such a differnt case in compare with those up... :help:

#4,005 ·
Ana Ivanovic is not back to her best yet

Roar Rookie
By mastermind5991, 22 Jan 2013 mastermind5991 is a Roar Rookie

Grand Slam quarter-finals have been elusive for Ana Ivanovic since achieving the ultimate success at the 2008 French Open and it’s no surprise she’s missed out again after her straight sets thrashing by Agnieszka Radwanska.
For the 18th time in 19 Grand Slam tournaments, Ivanovic has failed to reach the final eight. But the bottom line is, Radwanska was simply too good and Ivanovic probably drew the wrong opponent to play in a very important Grand Slam match.
But she has improved a lot in her fitness after a disappointing 2012 season which saw her fail to reach a single WTA Tour final, fail to beat any of the eventual year-end championships qualifiers (the win over Petra Kvitova in the Fed Cup final does not count as it happened after the year-end championships), suffer the ignominy of a double-bagel defeat and only reach two semi-finals and three quarter-finals all year.
However, the most important of those quarter-finals was at last year’s US Open. It was her first Grand Slam quarter-final since her triumph at Roland Garros in 2008 and to date it is her only Grand Slam quarter-final in that same period.
But she really didn’t perform to quarter-final level on that night last September, only taking four games off Serena Williams, the eventual champion.
That was also the same number of games she took from Nadia Petrova in her only other quarter-final loss at a Grand Slam, at the 2005 French Open.
Fans of Ana Ivanovic (myself included) shouldn’t be disheartened from the loss to Radwanska. At least she successfully defended all of her points from last year but losing her first service game in each set clearly didn’t help her chances and she never recovered.
Ivanovic showed mixed form this month, winning her round-robin matches at the Hopman Cup very easily before slipping up in the crucial final rubber against Anabel Medina Garrigues. The Australian Open showed a very similar trend, winning three matches before losing her next match.
Clearly there’s a long way to go before we can officially declare Ana Ivanovic is back to her best.
Her defeat to Radwanska is her seventh straight defeat to a top 10 opponent (and sixth straight to a top four player) at a Grand Slam since defeating Jelena Jankovic in the semi-finals of the 2008 French Open.
Furthermore, she has failed to win even a set off any of them, coming closest in the corresponding round of last year’s Australian Open to Petra Kvitova (when she lost a second set tiebreak).
If you include the 2008 French Open semi-final against Jankovic, she has lost 15 of her last 16 sets against top 10 opposition at Grand Slam tournaments.
She clearly lacks the power and size of today’s WTA top four players. She has not defeated a reigning top four player since Indian Wells last year when she impressively defeated Caroline Wozniacki in the fourth round, only giving up five games.
Of the current top four, she has not defeated any of them since defeating Victoria Azarenka at Cincinnati in 2010 (although at the time Azarenka was ranked 12, while Ivanovic was in a career crisis, ranked 62) and is 7-17 against them in head-to-head.
Ivanovic went 0-5 against the current top four, the worst record of any top 20 player in 2012.
The bottom line is that there is still a lot of work to be done if she is to again challenge in big tournaments and consider herself to be a world-class player.
Her next tournament is Pattaya, where she can consider herself to be a strong chance, as she is the highest ranked player to enter thus far, with Maria Kirilenko (15) the next highest. Between now and Indian Wells, she has only 250 rankings points to defend, so a strong run in Pattaya should help to boost her ranking. A title win would be long overdue as well.
Nigel Sears has repeatedly said Ana Ivanovic “is still a work in progress”. But on the basis of her exit from the Australian Open, Ivanovic has not made any progress at all. But maybe she has.
We’ll find out over the next month how far Ivanovic has come since her darkest period three years ago.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/01/22/ana-ivanovic-is-not-back-to-her-best-yet/

#4,007 ·
Ana is not really in a process of getting back all this time since her first slump. What happened first was a process of getting away.
For me the getting back starts when she had already gotten Nigel Sears and then quit Adam Scott. Then she started saying that she, like, couldn't have a double life of being an athlete and his girlfriend at once.
But even since then the process is being slow.
I blame the lack of physical energy.
All those complaints about her mind weakness, I don't think it's anything innate or psychological.
I think the mind responds to the body.

#4,008 ·
Yeah, she is moving forward but slowly, step by step. I think that this year she could finally overcome some big names, however, that meanst top 10 not top 5. However,not only those players can be dangerous. At slams and elsewhere the underdogs often surprise and that is going to be a problem for Ana. Coming across the likes of AMG (HC) who have nothing to lose and put her under a lot of pressure .

#4,010 ·
Ivanovic Samples The Delights Of Jumeirah Creekside Hotel

Dubai, UAE

With the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships starting today, the stadium is not the only facility in the area preparing for the arrival of some of the biggest talents in tennis. Arriving before the WTA draw held on Saturday, former world number one Ana Ivanovic checked in to Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, the official hotel of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Tournament.

The Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is owned by Dubai Duty Free and managed by the Jumeriah Group. The hotel opened in July 2012 so this is the first year it has played host to tournament guests.

Executive Vice Chairman of Dubai Duty Free, Colm McLoughlin said “We are delighted to be accommodating the world’s best players, WTA and ATP officials and international media in the new Jumeirah Creekside Hotel. Having such a splendid hotel right next to the tennis venue will be a major draw card for the event, and we are sure this arrangement will be appreciated by all.

Ivanovic, currently ranked at number 13, has a unique relationship with the city and the tournament itself, serving as a Dubai Duty Free brand ambassador since February 2012.

Chosen as a brand ambassador for her professionalism and personality on and off the court, Ivanovic said, “I am really flattered that Dubai Duty Free asked me to become its brand ambassador. It is a great company that has also been extremely supportive of women’s tennis.”

As part of her ambassador role Ivanovic toured the Jumeirah Creekside hotel for the Finest Surprises Travel Show produced in partnership between Dubai Duty Free and the WTA. Ivanovic was given a tour of the hotel and shown the superb collection of modern Arabic art which is set in the striking contemporary architecture of the hotel. The players this week will also be all contributing to an original piece of art of their own by hitting a tennis ball dipped in paint, and Ana had the honour of making the first mark on the canvas. The finished work will hang in the hotel to mark the first year as the official tournament hotel.

Beginning on 18th February, the greatest tennis show in the Middle East will feature new world number one Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka and defending Dubai champion Agnieszka Radwanska , as well as former Grand Slam winners Petra Kvitova, and Samantha Stosur and Ivanovic.

The WTA event will be followed by the ATP World Tour event commencing on 25 February featuring world number 1 Novak Djokovic, defending champion Roger Federer, as well as top 10 rivals Tomas Berdych, Juan Martin Del Potro, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Janko Tipsarevic.

The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is owned and organised by Dubai Duty Free and held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

Tickets for the event are on sale from the Box Office at the Dubai Tennis Stadium, Garhoud which is open from 9am to 9pm daily. Grandstand ticket prices range from 50dhs for opening rounds to 450dhs for finals, with season tickets also available.
http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampionships.com/News/Tennis/2013/WTA-Tournament/Ivanovic-At-Jumierah-Creekside-Hotel.aspx

#4,011 ·
Daily Deuce: Art with Ana
tabloid! has an exclusive afternoon of art viewing with Ana Ivanovic

Camels, falcons and henna — when it comes to exploring Dubai, many of the players at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship have seen it all, many times over. 2013’s tournament brings with it a chance to explore a different side of the region through the contemporary Middle Eastern art that’s at the heart of the hotel they are staying at, the new Jumeirah Creekside.

French Open champ Ana Ivanovic was one of the first top players to get a tour of the works, guided on Saturday by the hotel’s dedicated arts and culture programme manager Yasmeen Abu Amer.

Ivanovic, a Dubai Duty Free brand ambassador, is one of several female players who’ll be shooting a tourism film about Dubai around town this week. The player, currently ranked 13th in the world, started the series with a camera crew following her and Yasmeen around the works of art installed all over the hotel, which was built with art in mind and has 482 contemporary pieces in its collection.

“Around 90 per cent of the art was commissioned for the hotel,” said Yasmeen, pointing out pieces such as a gigantic red display called Flying Carpet, by Halim Al Karim, displayed in the cavernous lobby. The style is “contemporary Middle Eastern,” she added. “All the artists have Middle Eastern roots, but don’t necessarily live in the region. They are all renowned artists who are part of museum collections worldwide — it’s all museum quality. It’s like staying in an art gallery with rooms.”

Ivanovic proved herself a seasoned presenter as well as player as the crew filmed her reeling off her script, no teleprompter needed.

“They feed me the script, line by line,” she told me with a smile as she waited for a scene to be set up on a balcony overlooking the lobby. “But it’s not that hard.”

ooking bright and breezy in a blue maxi dress she described as “very easygoing and perfect for this weather” (she picked it up at Intermix in Miami), she admitted that she found the shoots tiring and would be doing nothing more exciting than resting in her room for the evening.

When it comes to art, she’s looking to make time to see more with a move to New York. “I just recently went to Milan and saw a Picasso exhibition, it was very exciting and I really enjoyed that. I am looking forward to spending more time in New York so I can visit some of the museums there. I also like some of the Van Gogh works, I like Starry Night. Maybe one day I’ll get the chance to see it.”

“Working with Ana was a wonderful experience, she was very sweet and extremely patient,” said Yasmeen. “It was great to be able to tell her more about the hotel and the art collection and see her interest and positive feedback towards it.”

Ana’s pick for Oscar success?

Dubai’s tennis season falls smack bang in the middle of Hollywood’s awards season. So who do the players want to see win?
“I’ve seen Argo with Ben Affleck,” says Ivanovic. “I really hope that one gets the Oscar!”
http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/daily-deuce-art-with-ana-1.1147506

#4,014 ·
Ana is forever deluded... no way she can improve if she thinks she is already better.. :tape::help:

I'm playing better than 2008.
Our best player was eliminated in the finals of the tournament in Dubai Petra Kvitova of the Czech girls with 7:5, 7:6 - Despite the defeat was not discouraged by the American tour

(Photo Beta)
From correspondents "Journal"

Dubai - That was not a bad start, it might be now Ana Ivanovic in the quarterfinals in Dubai (singles, $ 2,000,000). However, the first four games took Petra Kvitova (6, Czech Republic), and took the lead with 5:1, and then woke up to a Serb.

There followed a period of fantastic games in which Anna responded with a full measure, equaled, but not completed the job. The second set was somewhat similar - up to 3:3 not break, and then Ivanovic twice pulled out when Kvitova served for the win. I still did not manage to complete reversal.

- It started perfectly - thanks Ana opponent after another defeat in six matches with her. - I was not bad, but Peter was great. I am disappointed that I have not used all the way.

Although he again stood on the same obstacle - the rivals from the top ten - Serb claims that there are reasons to think positively.

- Indeed I play better and better. It was a good match. It's a little more difficult in the beginning, she took the lead with 5.1, it's nothing I could do. The first three games I did not take any points. I managed to get back in after I've played at a high level until the end. It is important not to be discouraged in such moments, especially when I seized the opportunity to 15:40 and 5:5. Previously this was happening to me, but now I nasavila good to play.

To 4:1 for Kvitovu took a time out and called coach Nigel Sears.

- He told me that he too forced, it is better to stick to the game plan. However, it is in these moments so accurately guessed that really could not be much more to be done.

Until next competition (Indian Wells) two weeks

- First, I'll go to rehabilitation, to rest from tennis - reminded of the problems with the shoulder. - In a few days I will start training in the gym to strengthen, and a week later with tennis. Now I'm not in America, you might first go to Spain, I want to prepare myself to where the weather is nice outside - is likely to be prepared for the entire United States in March at his home in Palma de Mallorca.

Ana won the 2008 Indian Wells, what's the difference between her then and now.

- I was recently talking with Nigel, I think my level of play now higher than in 2008, when I won the Indian Wells and Roland Garros. However, they were then different players, especially those at the top. Also, I had more confidence.

It has a very high opinion of Kvitovoj.

- Petra is one of the cleanest players shocks. Almost every ball hit perfect. Great hidden intentions, it is often impossible to determine which side to send the ball. Last year we played two times in Melbourne and in the Fed Cup final, but now it was much better than both of those matches.

Other results of the second round Petrova (Russia) - Suarez (Spain) 6:1, 6:0, A. Radvanjska (3, Poland) - PUTINCI (Kazakhstan) 7:5, 6:3, Wozniacki (8, Denmark) - Zheng (China) 6:0, 6:1, Stosur (7, Australia) - Hsije (Taiwan) 6 : 4, 6:0, Vinci (Italy) - Cerberus (4, Germany) 7:5, 6:1,

Vojin Velickovic
Published on: 20/02/2013
http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Sport/Tenis/Igram-bolje-nego-2008.lt.html

#4,015 ·
Basically she believes her results were a fluke. :rolls: It's official, she is never coming back. With this way of thinking she's never going to do anything significant. If she wasn't so delusional, maybe she'd notice one detail. She won 4 games in a row yesterday when she started playing something close to her 2008 game. Even without a good serve.

#4,017 ·
This is something she's been saying for years, she always says she's playing better than in 2008. It's depressing. Some parts of her game have improved, but her biggest weapons were better. Does she ever watch her matches?

#4,018 ·
I believe in Ana and her team, they know what they have to work on considering Ana will be a 26 yo player in a few months, so I am completely fine with this interview of her. :)

#4,020 ·
DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS WOMEN

February 20, 2013

Ana Ivanovic

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

P. KVITOVA/A. Ivanovic
7‑5, 7‑6

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. The start of the match was pretty tough. How did you get into the match? It seemed like you could adjust very well, especially in the return of serve.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I think she started impeccable. There was not much I did wrong, but I thought it was a high quality match. Disappointed I didn't use some opportunities I had towards the end of both sets, but it was really close, which is good.
I thought I played quite good match. And she did, too. But, yeah, just few points here and there to decide it.

Q. The first set you managed to get back into it. Is it tougher on you to do a set like that after pushing like this?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, you know, I really tried to stay in the moment. Even though I had opportunities 5‑4, 40‑15 serving, when I came back, still, I tried not to get down on myself. I did that well, because that's something I have been working on and really try to leave it in the past, because at the end of the day whether you lose set 6‑Love or 6‑4 or 7‑6, it doesn't make a difference. It's only a set.
I really tried to start fresh from the second and I created some opportunities again. But, you know, like I said, she played well. She served big when she needed it.

Q. Your coach, you called him at 4‑1 in the first set. What did he say to you? I felt like you were playing more on the backhand side because she tends to do more...
ANA IVANOVIC: Actually it was more me talking. (Smiling.)
No, it was just about‑‑ you know, I felt like I wasn't moving really well. But she was just striking the ball so well it was hard to pick.
He said, You're not doing much wrong. Just stick to the game plan. Obviously I tried to do a little bit more of that. That was our game plan initially. But, you know, I start striking it a little bit better, and I was more behind the ball which made the big difference.

Q. Do you feel you're getting closer and closer? Seems like every week it's just the margin, it's getting better.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I have been working really hard. I'm just disappointed not to use some of the chances I had.
But I feel like I'm challenging top players week after week, and that's very, very important for me, so I really want to put my head down and try to work hard again and keep the same level, you know, hopefully break through soon.

Q. What's next now? Indian Wells and then Miami, I guess?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, exactly.

Q. Are you feeling physically well? A lot of the players are pulling out. How are you feeling? How is your shoulder?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it's been better today. You know, it's tough season. A lot of tennis, a lot of traveling, especially this first part. But just I think we're all trying to do our best and try to find balance between playing enough and not playing too much, you know, still having time to rest and recover.

Q. Serena said last week in Doha that some of Petra's shots, nobody on the WTA Tour could actually get them back, they're just too good, too clean, too hard. How good of a ball striker is she, in your opinion? How good a player is she when she's hitting winners?
ANA IVANOVIC: I agree with Serena. She's very clean striker of the ball, especially when the ball, she hits it in the sweet spot, it's very hard to pick where she's going to go. You sort of have to commit to one side. Especially coming off her racquet as a lefty, it makes a big difference because we don't face too many players that are left‑handed.

Q. Do you feel, since you were across the net from her, do you feel her level was getting close to how it was when she won Wimbledon, or is it tough for you to evaluate?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, last year we played twice, once in Fed Cup and once in Melbourne. I thought her level was actually higher than it was in Melbourne and also in Fed Cup. But at that time she was struggling with some illnesses.
I thought her level was actually higher than Melbourne last year.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86674

#4,022 ·
#4,024 ·
Ivanovic, la estrella perfecta
martes, 2 de abril de 2013
02 ABR
02:23
AM ET
por Juan Ignacio Ceballos

El carisma de Ivanovic cautiva en Monterrey
MONTERREY -- Ana Ivanovic sonríe, y se apodera de tu mirada. La serbia gana 6-0 y 6-0 en su debut en el Abierto de Monterrey, y se queda con tus aplausos. Y ya en la conferencia de prensa, hace su máximo esfuerzo para hablar en español y lo logra, y entonces no queda otra que aceptar que ella es una estrella casi perfecta. Solo le falta seguir ganando aquí en la capital regia, para que ya nadie más pueda librarse de sus encantos.

Ivanovic no es la tenista mejor rankeada en el torneo. Por encima de ella aparecen la alemana Angelique Kerber (6 del mundo, y quien venció por 6-3 6-3 a la estadounidense Samantha Crawford), la francesa Marion Bartoli (que hoy quedó eliminada) y la rusa Maria Kirilenko, otro sex symbol del WTA Tour. Pero la más seguida y perseguida por niños, jóvenes y adultos es la serbia.

Lejos. Fácil.

"¿Cómo aprendí a hablar español? En mi país solía ver telenovelas. Me acuerdo de dos: Kassandra y Esmeralda. Soy autodidacta, y así fui aprendiendo el sonido de las palabras. Me gusta mucho el idioma, y me gustaría poder hablarlo mucho mejor" contó Ivanovic en la conferencia de prensa post victoria. Lo hizo en inglés. Pero después cambió al castellano para hablar de lo bien que la han recibido aquí en tierras regias. Y hasta comparó las tradiciones serbias con las mexicanas.

"Lo que tenemos en común es que nos gusta disfrutar de las cosas. La gente aquí es relajada. Tienen linda música, linda comida, todo es similar a como nosotros somos en Serbia. Yo lo siento así", explicó Ana, quien ya tiene su lugar ganado en la historia del tenis: su título en Roland Garros 2008 y su ascenso al número uno del ranking mundial la ponen en un exclusivo grupo a las que pocas pertenecen.

El "star-power" que emana Ivanovic trasciende el 17º puesto del ranking mundial que actualmente ocupa. Tampoco se basa únicamente en su juego muchas veces lineal y explosivo, y en otras ocasiones errático hasta la exasperación. Y no se trata siquiera de una cuestión de belleza. Allí vale la comparación con Kirilenko: mientras la imperturbable Maria tiene una mirada amenazante, intimida con su estampa dentro del court, y fuera de la cancha dice que le gustan "los hombres duros" como su prometido, la estrella del hockey sobre hielo Alex Ovechkin, Ana es lo opuesto. Invita con sus gestos. Atrae con su actitud. Y aquí en Monterrey ha respondido a cada muestra de cariño con un autógrafo o una foto.

Si Kirilenko es Cruela, Ivanovic es Bambi.

"No sé cómo explicar lo que me pasa con la gente, que me muestra su afecto. Yo juego al tenis. Este es mi trabajo. Me gusta hacer otras cosas. Pero también soy una persona normal, que disfruta estar en pijama en su casa", explica Ana, antes de terminar la conferencia. Luego, se prestará a grabar cuatro, cinco y seis veces un promo en cámara, que servirá para invitar a la gente a ver el torneo.

Encanto. Magia. Eso es lo que tiene.

Hoy no le tocó cerrar la jornada en el court central del Abierto. El honor le correspondió a Kerber. A las 11:13pm, cuando la alemana selló su victoria, el estadio ya estaba medio vacío. Este miércoles, cuando sea Ana Ivanovic la estrella del partido nocturno, las tribunas estarán a reventar. Y el aliento irá seguramente para un solo lado: el de la chica que habla castellano, sonríe a cada paso, juega muy bien al tenis y ya ha conquistado a Monterrey.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1763930&name=juan_ignacio_ceballos&cc=7586

#4,028 · (Edited)
Just have in mind it might not be perfect translation. I hope it's gonna be fine enough to understand everything. :D

"Ivanovic, a perfect star

Ana Ivanovic smiles and attracts your view. She won her oppening match in Abierto Monterrey 60 60 and got your applause. During her press conference she tried really hard to speak Spanish and she managed to do that, so the one has to accept that she is almost perfect star. Now she just has to keep winning and no one will be able to ignore her perfection.

Ivanovic is not the best ranked player in Monterrey. Kerber, Bartoli and Kirilenko are better ranked. However, kids and young people follow Ana the most.

"I learned to speak Spanish by watching telenovelas in my country. I remember Kasandra and Esmeralda. I like the language very much and I wish I could speak much better", Ivanovic said on press conference after match. She said that on English, but later she changed to Castilian to tell how well received she is, here in royal lands. Then she even compared Serbian and Mexican tradition.

"What we have in common is enjoying in some things... People here are relaxed. They have nice music, nice food, everything here is similar to Serbia. I feel that.", said Ana who already has her place in tennis history: her Roland Garros 2008 title and #1 rankings put her in a place that only few were able to be.

Ivanovic surely should be ranked better than #17, which is her current ranking. Sometimes her game is explosive, but sometimes she makes so much errors... When it comes to beauty, she is often compared with Kirilenko: while Maria looks dangerous on court and says she likes mens with hard attitude, just like her fiancee, hockey star Alex Ovechkin, Ana seems different. She attracts with her gestures and attitude. Here in Monterrey she finds time for everyone to give autograph or take photo.

If Kirilenko is Cruella (I supose Cruella de Vil), than Ivanovic is Bambi. :D

"I play tennis. It is my job. I love to do other things too. I am also a normal person who loves to be in her pijamas, at home.", said Ana. After that, she worked on commercial to promote the tournament.

Magic. That's what she has."

:D