Tennis Forum banner

» Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread »

105K views 2K replies 31 participants last post by  Grininel 
#1 · (Edited)
Talking about Mona all the time here is certainly not good for our health. :eek:

See less See more
#584 ·
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Love you Marco ♥ Forever BVB ♥

She is like Mona I guess. Can't hold serve when it matters. 0-40 now. :facepalm:

#585 ·

As Ahmed knows, this is my Galatasaray team on PES. I created a league using all the teams that are on the game, but don't have a league, including the likes of Bayern.

-------------Muslera-------------

Sabri----Hummles---Varane---Youth player who i can't spell name of

--------Gündoğan-------Melo

Litchsteiner---Sneidjer-----Reus

----------------Drogba

Won the title in my first season. Midway through the 2nd, and i'm level with Bayern

#587 ·

As Ahmed knows, this is my Galatasaray team on PES. I created a league using all the teams that are on the game, but don't have a league, including the likes of Bayern.

-------------Muslera-------------

Sabri----Hummles---Varane---Youth player who i can't spell name of

--------Gündoğan-------Melo

Litchsteiner---Sneidjer-----Reus

----------------Drogba

Won the title in my first season. Midway through the 2nd, and i'm level with Bayern
I barely won La Liga in my first season (Me 96 points/Barca 95 points) but Ronaldo won the best player in the world award. Now I'm playing my second season. Hopefully I win CL this time.

#591 ·

I've been playing catch-up really after a disasterous first 5 games. But, i haven't lost since the 3rd game of the season, so i've managed to catch up to Bayern
In my league Barca almost never loses.:help: I have to beat them in order to win La Liga (which I did 2 times in the last season yet the difference was just 1 point in the end between me and them.). The thing I hate the most is when my players go to their national teams then came back to me dead tired/out of form just before an important match. They get injured easily when they are dead tired.

#596 ·

I also had a game of doubles with my mate & two Asian guys we met on there. We played 1 set, but me & my useless mate won 7-6 (7-3) :D. On my 2nd service game it was 0-40, and i proceeded to hit 3 straight aces to save the BP's. Felt like Pete Sampras for a second :D

#604 ·

Congrats, Ahmed! Novak played brilliantly today. He lost only 6 points on his own serve.
Chardy isn't a real test though. :lol: I only watched the 1st set. Haas next. :scared:
Tommy is the better player on grass so I won't be surprised if he wins. Nole will need his best tennis for sure.

If Tommy wins, I would love to see him win wimbly.

#609 · (Edited)

Following on from an earlier post some weeks ago about netball, here in NZ (and Australia) the ANZ netball season has reached the semifinals stage. I've mentioned before that after a stage where I had to learn about the game, I find this sport very watchable.

There is one NZ team in the semis, the defending ANZ champions the Waikato/BOP Magic. They are the only NZ team to win this competition. The Magic are also the only team from either country to reach the semifinals every year of the competition since the joint Aus/NZ competition began in 2008 (before that NZ and Aus had separate leagues).

The second strongest NZ side in most years, the Northern Mystics, suffered many injuries, players becoming pregnant, retiring etc and finished near the bottom of the table. In their final game of the season one of their shooters, Bailey Mes who apparently has the highest jump and fastest sprint in the team, ruptured her ACL (injury looked really bad) and is out for the year. A real shame for her because she was starting to make herself a part of the national Silver Ferns squad.

There are three Australian teams in the semis, the Adelaide Thunderbirds, the Melbourne Vixens, the Queensland Firebirds.

The Adelaide and Melbourne teams finished 1st and 2nd and will play a Major semifinal. Winner waits for the finalist to qualify. The loser of the major semi plays the winner of the minor semi, between the Magic and the Firebirds.

This is exactly the same position that the Magic were in last year- halfway through the season they found themselves in a "backs to the wall" or "must win" position. A single loss means the end of their season. Last year they responded to that and won many games in a row to take the title. This year they are lifting at the end of the season too, winning their last 5 games to unexpectedly end up 3rd in the regular season competition, just like last year. The Magic coach Noeline Taurua is also retiring this year after coaching the Magic for 11 years.

Both semis are being played today (Sunday), major semi at 2pm, minor at 7pm NZ time (GMT+12). I'm hoping the Magic can become the first team to defend the title and the first team to win the ANZ Championship twice. They seem to play best with their backs to the wall.

The Magic are traditionally the strongest NZ team, over half their team is in the national NZ team the Silver Ferns.

In their must win semi against the Queensland Firebirds they will have to shut down 6 ft 5 (1.96m) Jamaican import shooter Romelda Aiken- however since the defensive circle for the Magic is basically the Silver Ferns defensive circle, it is possible- the Magic beat the Firebirds a few weeks ago by 3 goals in extra time.

Minor semi preview- Waikato/Bay of Plenty Magic vs Queensland Firebirds

Major semi preview- Adelaide Thunderbirds vs Melbourne Vixens

Australian commentators (Kathryn is an ex Australian captain) talking about the semifinals

Rnd 14 highlights

#613 ·

The interview behind the link is not the one that was conducted by SPORT-BILD and he doesn't say anything about Goetze there.

He told SPORT-BILD recently that he can't understand Goetze's decision to go to Bayern, for he can't see any sporting reasons for such a move. He also said that he was very annoyed by Mario's choice and that he communicated his thoughts concerning this matter to Goetze in a personal conversation.

#612 ·

Del Potro is the last of my troopers :(.

After a good start the injury bug hit some, Paire decided to clown, & i didn't know how Kei lost.

I just hope that anyone but Murray wins, even if it's Ferrer

#616 ·

Damn, Magic lost by 3 goals. They played awfully. In particular, the feeders Langman, Khao Watts, Halpenny were very hesitant and timid with passes into Irene Van Dyk, even when she had space marked or was free, and that cost them. Ultimately, in a situation like that, you think you are being safer by being patient and passing somewhere else instead of going straight for the shooting circle but it actually is less safe. Passing into the circle to let Irene contest for the high ball feels dodgy when you let it go, but it's actually the safest bet and it's also demoralising for the defenders when you get that direct flow to the shooters. The end result was that the Magic shot at a higher percentage than the Firebirds but didn't get enough shots at goal.

The Magic have a really high peak level- probably the highest of any team in the competition, but they made the same mistakes they made earlier in the season. The biggest one is when their feeders- Watts, Langman, Halpenny- lose confidence in the pass to Irene under the hoop. Irene's free for a second, you have to pass it that instant because if you hesitate the defender closes the gap. You have to commit to any pass you make. It's like going for a first serve or a smash. You have to commit. Admittedly the Aussie teams do a good job of "confusing the space" but once you get a few good passes in and Irene wins the ball then the confusion disappears for the feeders, they learn to see the space again.

I guess it's a product of being a team full of Silver Ferns with just a few weak links. If they manage to cover those weak links they are practically like the national team and therefore unstoppable at league level. But those links can break down. The one I always struggle to fathom is why Langman, who is vice-captain of the Ferns and has played with Irene for many years, is still vulnerable to losing faith in Irene's ability to beat a defender in the air. It's either that or she sometimes doesn't see when Irene is free, or she loses faith in the accuracy of her pass over distance. I saw a lot of times Irene was available in the back but Laura only looked down at the front for the pass to Halpenny, which clearly feels "safe" but results in Halpenny taking a longer lower percentage shot. They were too scared of Geitz.

When you get the ball you look to Irene first and see if she's available. Anytime Irene is one on one with a defender, even if it's Geitz who is good, you let it go reasonably accurately and she'll win the ball. At this level you have to establish that connection with Irene or you won't beat those tough Aussie teams. Even if you might lose a ball or two early in the game, once the link is established your centre pass will become strong and the momentum will start to go your way.

When the Ferns come together that weak link disappears, Maria Tutaia helps the pass come into Irene a lot, plus she's a great distance shooter which complements Irene's domination of the post.

Combined with Marina losing to Robson after being 6-1 5-3 up and the last couple of days haven't been very good for the kiwis.

#621 ·

I really hope Sabine's amazing run inspires Mona.

#622 ·

I hope it too, Heiko, but at the same time I'm so frightened about her match against Kaia :unsure: It's tough for me too, because I love Kanepi. :hug:

Ahmed :lol: Nice feeling to see Bine in your sig :yeah: Such a sweetheart. Love all her reactions and how she is motivated in matches. All this "komm jetzt" and smiling really adoring me :inlove: And this GIF is so touching :tears: I almost cried with her when I watched it.

Your mum is epic :spit:

Oh, I see Kaia in your sig too :yeah: Not so many empty places there now :oh:

#626 ·

I hope it too, Heiko, but at the same time I'm so frightened about her match against Kaia :unsure: It's tough for me too, because I love Kanepi. :hug:

Ahmed :lol: Nice feeling to see Bine in your sig :yeah: Such a sweetheart. Love all her reactions and how she is motivated in matches. All this "komm jetzt" and smiling really adoring me :inlove: And this GIF is so touching :tears: I almost cried with her when I watched it.

Your mum is epic :spit:
Kaia is amazing. Her FH is. :drool: :drool: :drool: Mona with that FH would be n.1. :lol: But I think Sabine has a much better chance to win it all than her. I like them both so hopefully the winner wins it all.

Oh, I see Kaia in your sig too :yeah: Not so many empty places there now :oh:
:lol:

#623 ·

We saw all this when she knocked out Poova last time and she lost the next match. Its like she is drained after one match. I think Kaia still has plenty left and can make the semi

#629 ·

Last year after Stuttgart, I told my brother about Mona and her talent. Told him she will be in the top 10 in the furture and may win a slam. Since that time he always pisses me off when she loses especially in GSs and when I watch Sloane. He always compares her to Mona and says something like "she is much better than Mona. That's the real talent", "Sloane is the real deal and already much better than Barthel. Why you can't just deal with it?", "Where is Barthel in RG/wimbledon/AO? I don't see her. Did she lose in R1 again?" ,"Where is all that talent you keep talking about, huh?". He does that only to troll me. :lol: :tears: :sobbing:

But I still keep telling him Mona will be a superstar and you will see. :lol: I will never fucking give up. :lol:
Mona will prove me right in the end. #DelusionalFanboy.

#635 ·

Last year after Stuttgart, I told my brother about Mona and her talent. Told him she will be in the top 10 in the furture and may win a slam. Since that time he always pisses me off when she loses especially in GSs and when I watch Sloane. He always compares her to Mona and says something like "she is much better than Mona. That's the real talent", "Sloane is the real deal and already much better than Barthel. Why you can't just deal with it?", "Where is Barthel in RG/wimbledon/AO? I don't see her. Did she lose in R1 again?" ,"Where is all that talent you keep talking about, huh?". He does that only to troll me. :lol: :tears: :sobbing:

But I still keep telling him Mona will be a superstar and you will see. :lol: I will never fucking give up. :lol:
Mona will prove me right in the end. #DelusionalFanboy.
:hug:

Wasn't your brother with you when Mona played Angie in Doha? He probably knows about her talent.

#631 ·

As some may know i dislike Murray, so whenever he wins & one of my faves loses i get it shoved in my face :lol:

You should tell him about Slava, Ahmed... Oh wait, you want the piss taking to reduce :p

#634 ·

As some may know i dislike Murray, so whenever he wins & one of my faves loses i get it shoved in my face :lol:

You should tell him about Slava, Ahmed... Oh wait, you want the piss taking to reduce :p
Nole is the only hope to stop him but I'm worried about his match vs Tomas.
I told him about Slava too but I rarely talk about her. He knows that I have high hopes for Mona so he is always targeting her to piss me off. :eek:

#641 ·

Verdasco better show his AO09 form tomorrow. Murray winning it would be worse than ferrer
I miss that Verdasco. He was such a joy to watch. I was really gutted for him that day. He deserved to win that SF more than Nadal imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.