Tennis Forum banner

Ilona Kremen

46K views 334 replies 12 participants last post by  Sobachka 
#1 ·
Time to have a thread for this young nice girl! :D She turned 18 just a few days ago. A year ago she was unranked, and she finish last year ranked #418, winning 2 10Ks and reaching one 25K QF. :)
In juniors she reached her highest ranking, #20 last January.

Last week she reached Antalya 10K SF. I wish her a lot of good and luck for this year and the next ones!:cheer:

See less See more
#5 ·
Ilona - a very modest for his human qualities and advanced in all areas zhizini as a modern woman ...
But I would like to point out that it is in communication - a very simple girl, a nice companion ... And the man with his point of view and outlook on life ...
It felt inner core, it spsobna achieve in sports and everyday life of the highest goals

This week it is playing in Rabat, Morocco, $ 25,000 in the MD
I want to wish her ​​good luck!

#7 ·
Latest results (good results :D):

25K Rabat - QF (lost to Flipkens 4-6 3-6) Flipkens' ranked 165
10K Astana - QF (lost to Pashkova 5-7 0-6) Pashkova's ranked 424
25K Almaty - QF (lost to Buyukakcay 6-4 4-6 0-6) Bugukakcay's ranked 229

So, not bad. :) She also reached the final of these 3 tournaments in doubles.

She's currently ranked #374. Keep going Ilonka! :cheer: :kiss:

#8 ·
Update: latest results :)

10K Pomezia last week
R1 d. Lechemia 6-1 6-4
R2 lost to Pillot 4-6 3-6

25K Civitavecchia
Q1 d. (15)Kerkhove 7-5 6-1 :yeah:
Q2 lost to (2)Tabak 4-6 2-6 :tears:

Not bad. :) She's ranked #362 this week. Keep going and improving Ilona! :cheer: :hearts:

#10 ·
Ilona is not in Fed Cup Team, and I'm quite surprised, cause Vika and Nastya are not playing, Polina either, so she would be #2 ranking wise just behind Olga. Wasn't she picked by the team captain? Or did she decline the invite? :confused: Do you know anything about it Boticcelli?

#11 ·
The formation of the national team - a mystery sealed with seven seals ... It is a pity that Ilona failed to make the team, but it was not planned to go there ... Counted on Azarenka, Yakimov, Govortsova, Kustova and Lebesheva - spare ... After refusing to Vika and Nastya FedKap play, as well as removal from the post of captain Teterin problem - who to invite to the team? In Pekhova and Kremen were tournaments, so the new captain invited his pupil Skripko Sosnovich ...

#12 ·
Thank you for your answer Boticcelli. :) So it was not in Ilona's plans to play Fed Cup? I'm a bit surprised, I thought she would have jumped on the occasion of a 1st Fed Cup selection and it's always some good and thrilling experience. Looks like it's a mess in Belarusian team, it reminds me of France, we have problems with players who don't want to play either (Bartoli, and Rezai before) and with the coachs and Federation.
How is it perceived in Belarus, that Vika and Nastya often refuse to play? Are people feeling upset with it or don't they just care? :)

#13 ·
Ilona wants to play for the national team, but team building - business coach, she knew a month ago that the team it will not ...
Regarding Vika and Nastya ... The people divided in half - someone understands and supports Azarenka, someone confuses it with the dirt ... About Yakimova everyone is silent ...

#14 ·
About Yakimova everyone is silent ...
:lol:

Thanks for your answers! :yeah: :)

I remember I read an interveiw with Vika one or two years ago in which she said that she was quite criticized in Belarus because she earned a lot of money. Do you know if she pays some taxes in Belarus, as she is a Monesgasque resident? Personally, I don't mind if she wins a lot of money, as long as she contributes to helping her country paying the taxes she's supposed to play. I don't really like people who benefit from their countrys system and flee as soon as they become rich (we have this trouble a lot in France ;)). But well, that's just my opinion, and I'm just being curious. ;)

#20 ·
She played hometown tournament 25K Pavlov Cup this week, but unfortunately fell in 1st round to Estelle Guisard, 2-6 1-6.

She was more successful in doubles, she paired with Lidziya Marozava and reached SF, where they lost to #1 seeds Kichenok twins, 1-6 2-6.

One little pic:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.