Tennis Forum banner

Simona Halep on Twitter and Facebook

117K views 941 replies 69 participants last post by  Bonk 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Re: Halep, please tweet us

:lol: you never know in the future, maybe she will more open to her fans everywhere.

#3 ·

^ ^
Q. Can you tell us a little bit what's happening in Romania behind you. Do your wins make headlines in the newspaper, or TV, and radio talking about you?

SIMONA HALEP: They did nice things for me last year. First pages, as you said. But for me it's not like a big pleasure because I get tired when I go to televisions or something like this.

I just want to be focused every moment in tennis, because tennis doesn't wait for you. You have to be focused and to fight for every opportunity you have.

So I want to thank them because they were supporting me a lot. And now I heard that they are supporting me, as well.

Source: http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2014-01-20/201401201390198341713.html

#4 ·

On Sabine's subforum there appears to be a push to get her away from Twitter and Facebook. She recently tweeted about the heat in Melbourne after her second round loss, leading to a vicious "hate thread" on GM. I think Simona's shyness about these things can actually be a plus and keep her focused on her tennis. Steffi Graf was noted for blocking out these kind of distractions and just focusing on tennis.

Facebook and Twitter are so overrated -- while it was nice responding to Sabine on Facebook in the early days because I felt she was reading my responses and I could give her maybe a little inspiration, once she reached a certain level of fanbase, her Facebook and Twitter pages became loaded with so much junk I doubt she even looks at them anymore. Simona is about to that point in her career where these things will only be distractions.

#5 ·

She's appears to be one of the most accomplished players on the tour without her own twitter account (I think Li Na doesn't have one either). I think she doesn't have an account due to a combination of her shyness and her singular focus on being the best tennis player she can be.

#6 ·

And her fake facebook acount has now 44.424 followers, but i agree whit you #JohnMcP she better stay focus on her carrer, anyway her fans gets a lot of information about her all the time.

#7 ·

i don't think that writing a post on facebook every 1 or two weeks will affect her negatively

all top player do that and they still playing very well

at least she should have her official page which belongs to her so that people know that the fake page is cheating them

#12 ·

I loved the way she surprised us with her Facebook page launch. And I'll wait for her to do so with her twitter too if she decides to open an twitter account. The fact is she can join these social media sites whenever she wants but only if she believes it will not hinder her tennis.

#19 ·

I wonder if she'll to a dual language thing like Muguruza who types Spanish and English within the same tweet. It accommodates more fans but it really puts them up against the 140 character limit.
Kvitova posts double-tweet. One in English and 1 in her language.

This post has been deleted
#28 ·

the facebook thing affected her (?)
be serious :))

1`st thing , she doesn`t write her own messages on facebook
2`nd thing , she probably not waste more than 2 min to tell somebody ( who does her facebook mess ) what to write and that`s all .

#38 ·

Probably he is referring to the fact that twitter accounts aren't very popular in Romania. And he is right if that's what he was trying to say (I know it because my mother is Romanian and I spend almost all of my holidays there). Still, I think that it is completely wrong to say that she won't tweet just because of that. Many sportspeople create accounts for their fans. Obviously, social media accounts isn't her thing, but anyway, as long as she said that she'll have a twitter account, she'll tweet (she or someone from her team, at her command), no matter which her nationality is.

#40 ·

He`s a romanian. An Ana fan and Sori fan ( ofc ) . The twilight sisters :)) His name is Adrian. ( i don`t know him! ) :))

Anyway , prob he wanted to make a joke , considering that is a romanian that now lives in the US , maybe he thinks that he knows better what romanians use , want , etc :) , although .. is kinda weird , anyway , too much mistery for a nonsense.

#42 ·

Can you edit the title with a thing like "simona on twitter and facebook" like Is uggested in the cheering thread + the link of her witter/facebook on the first post.

And we can repost her tweet here and commenting. It could be nice.

#43 ·

Can you edit the title with a thing like "simona on twitter and facebook" like Is uggested in the cheering thread + the link of her witter/facebook on the first post.

And we can repost her tweet here and commenting. It could be nice.
Done. thanks

Halep, please tweet us.
Get twitter and say hello to your fans.
--------------------

Edit: And here it is: Simona's official
Twitter https://twitter.com/simona_halep
and
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/simonahalep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.