Tennis Forum banner

Serena/Maria CC, Justine/Kim court 1

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Dawson. 
#1 ·
Venus court 2, JJ all the way in 12. Wish I was a fly on the wall at that scheduling meeting, did they cave in to serena's comments about being shunted on thursday, or they felt kim and jusine haven't accomlished much on grass. Murrya has no business on CC for his match up against Querry

#8 ·
Did ANYONE honestly think Kim/Justine was going on Centre over Serena/Masha? 0 Wimbledon titles between the two vs. 4 Wimbledon Titles. And it's not like Kim and Justine were ever topping the attention rankings either.

The only shocking decision is putting that mixed doubles match with unknown Brits on Court 2. Even the Bryan Bros playing a british doubles pair would have been better

#9 ·
Justine and Kim should be the more competitive match though... personally I like all the matches on Court 1 more than the matches on CC.

CC has the bigger names though

#10 ·
Scheduling actually makes sense... Too bad they dont do this with the Mens side. I think both the Serena/ Sharapova and the Justine/ Kim matches will be competitive as long as Sharapova doesnt freak out when Serena is serving out of her mind.

I agree, Murray should not be on center court..... I dont know why they keep him on CC just to lose. Maybe if they put him elsewhere and gave him less pressure he might have a shot.

#12 ·
Murray is a top 4 player and he's British. I think he deserves CC, especially since it should be a good match.

And it doesn't matter if Sharapova freaks out or not.. she's not a great returner who is facing the greatest server of all time. Serena's better in every single aspect and it's not close. It should be a straight set never in doubt affair.

#16 ·
any problems?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.