Tennis Forum banner

Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

129K views 2K replies 47 participants last post by  croat123 
#1 ·
Let's hear it for Tereza! She's 17 years old (born in November 1990). According to her ITF file, she was born in Pula but lives in Porec.

She reached her highest rank so far in May 2007, at #738. After that she didn't play for almost a year, until April of this yar (school?) so she lost her ranking.

She's now back in action and seems to be playing well. Last month, she reached the SF at the $10K in Mostar and the final at the $10K in Budva. This week, she's playing at the $10K in Torino. She qualified easily, winning both her qualie matches 60 60. The best part is that yesterday in the main draw, she won her first-round match against the #2 seed, Maria Irigoyen (#251 in the world), very easily: 61 61. Very impressive! Given that result, her next match, against Nancy Rustignoli (#819; never heard of her), should be very winnable.

With her first-round win yesterday, she'll be able to re-enter the rankings at around 860. Hopefully she'll keep winning this week and move up even higher than that.

Best of luck, Tereza!

#1,114 ·
Nanchang R1 vs Mandy Minella

Today she trained with Mandy.

Her state is ok, but not very good. She needs to improve serve

She played a set with Mandy, but lost.

#1,115 ·
But she did beat 5th seed Mandy in R1, 7-6(8) 6-1. :eek: :worship: Mental giant. :drool: She's regularly managing to pull out some quite impressive wins which is quite iamazing given how flawed her game seems.

Congrats Tereza. :banana:

#1,118 ·
She's regularly managing to pull out some quite impressive wins which is quite iamazing given how flawed her game seems.
This--although the "regularly pulling out impressive wins" was really more during the first half of 2013. Still, Tereza is definitely an overachiever, given the limits of her game.

Today's match seemed very much an up-and-down affair. I stopped following the live SB at 5-2 for Tereza, then when I came back to check again it was 6-6, with Minella leading by a few points in the TB. I got disgusted so I closed the SB, then when I checked again, Tereza was up 7-6 5-0.

All in all, a good win for Tereza, and she picks up a nice batch of points :yeah:

#1,116 ·
Thank God she won that TB :lol: She was *5-2 up and served for the set twice :tape:

But this is great win for Tereza, well done :bounce:

Second round against Wang, player in great form. She won three titles in last 30 days, 10K Bangkok and 25K Phuket in signles and 50K Xi'an in doubles.

GL against her Tere :cheer:

#1,119 ·
She played so fantanstic today.

Always cheered for herself. Always said "Ajde" and "Idemo" to herself.

First time to watch her game. Very impressive.

#1,127 ·
Her focus should be to do more in improving her tennis. As we all know she is weaponless but has huge determination that somehow makes cover for those weaknesses. But as long as she does not improve her basic techniques - there would be no consistent results on any higher level and that's it. One - two good wins here and there would not change this, it is simple as that.

#1,134 ·
Yea, really not .. Negreanu is nothing really .. saw her in Bosnia this summer, awful really ..
And Pinto isnt really a good partner ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.