Tennis Forum banner

Maria in Barcelona

11K views 286 replies 35 participants last post by  kirivanovic 
#1 · (Edited)
New thread get rid of the negative vibes in the other.

Tough field but very winnable first few matches. Good luck :D

(1)Alize Cornet v Stephanie Cohen-Aloro
Q v (wc)Nuria Llagostera Vives
Petra Cetkovska v Q
(wc)Estrella Cabeza-Candela v (5)Carla Suarez Navarro

(4)Kaia Kanepi v Q
Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez v Kirsten Flipkens
Anna-Lena Groenefeld v Severine Bremond
Camille Pin v (6)Maria Kirilenko

(7)Sara Errani v Mathilde Johansson
Tsvetana Pironkova v Lucie Safarova
Francesca Schiavone v Lourdes Dominguez-Lino
Nicole Vaidisova v (3)Anabel Medina Garrigues

(8)Sorana Cirstea v Q
Magdalena Rybarikova v Klara Zakopalova
Roberta Vinci v Pauline Parmentier
Petra Kvitova v (2/wc)Flavia Pennetta

See less See more
#276 ·
when i woke up this morning and went to uni i was so confident that maria had won, then i found out then she didnt :sobbing: and she got bagelled! :bigcry: so unfair that she had to play 2 matchs in one day. imo maria didnt have enough time to recover and rest up. her body and muscles must've been aching when she played the final. but there are def positives to take from this tourney. for one thing, maria played a few good matches on clay and she managed to sustain most of her points from last year.

better luck next year maria :hug:

#277 ·
Maria didn't have much left for the final and that showed in her performance. But atleast she had a good tournament. It's something for her to build on.

#279 ·
So what's Maria doing during this week off?

#285 ·
Obviously, Makiri's run to the Final in Barcelona has sparked a fire under Igor. He definitely doesn't want her to have the bragging rights in the clay court season between the both of them.:lol: I'm proud of what Makiri had accomplished in Barcelona. You can't give yourself a chance to win the title if you don't make it to the finals right???:shrug: Fatigue obviously played a critical part in Makiri's performance. I'm glad that her knee held up though. Use this as a stepping stone for the 2009 French Open!!!;)

#287 · (Edited)
Thanks for the GIF, it was at 6-4 0-3, i wanted to ask you if you saw Maria saying hi to the camera and if you could do the GIF,but you already did it,you're the queen of the GIFs:worship:

About the match,he could do it as i said if he had a normal brain:help:. Another annoying match,he should have won this one(as usual).The 1st set was really good,then,stupid 2nd set with double faults at the beginning.And 3rd set quite good except the end,broken with 2 double faults in a row and stupid mistakes because of Robredo's backhand moonballs.Robredo was always defending,he didn't deserve to win but Igor helped him:sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.