Tennis Forum banner

Maria's Exho-Whore offseason cheering thread.

34K views 526 replies 59 participants last post by  Chrissie-fan 
#1 ·
So first ones today. Anyone know if it'll be streamed?

#508 ·
Merry Christmas everyone!
So happy to be spending it with my family and friends.
For everyone in Korea, I'm sorry I had to withdraw from my exhibition match. I woke up the other day with a neck pain and after doing a few tests, the doctor wants me to take the next few days without any playing. So that leaves me to say I'm sorry not to be there in Seoul and play in front of my fans. I will make it up to you soon!

#511 ·
:

Calm down, doctor. :D

Maria Sharapova pulls out of the exhibition event due to an injury – Tennis News
Former world number one, Caroline Wozniacki, was scheduled to take on the likes of the 25-year-old Russian superstar, Maria Sharapova, in an exhibition match on the eve of Friday. However, the contest that was scheduled to be played at Jamsil Stadium in Seoul was cancelled due to the unavailability of the four-time Grand Slam Champion, Sharapova. She withdrew from the event due to an injury.
The organizer of the event, Lee Jin Soo of JS Management, talked to the press representatives on Tuesday and explained the whole scenario. The press conference that was held by the JS Management representative Lee Soo also featured the Sharapova’s agent. They jointly expressed their sadness over the whole withdrawal issue.
Lee Soo stated, “There was no option but to cancel after Sharapova informed us that she is unable to come to Korea because she injured her collarbone while training in the U.S. We will refund all pre-booked tickets.”
He further added, “Sharapova feels very sorry for having to cancel. She said she'll take part in another exhibition game next year or compete in the Korea Open in September to give her fans a treat.”
While practicing for the upcoming season, the reigning French Open Champion injured her collarbone but the extent of the issue isn’t big enough to endanger her New Year campaign that will begin at the Brisbane International.
At the professional platform, the 22-year-old Dane and Sharapova registered a very contrary season in 2012. Sharapova came back to the circuit at the Australian Open after a major injury layoff and recorded a terrific run where she reached the final of the event. Moreover, she clinched the French Open title at Paris and reached the advanced stages of the US Open as well as Women Tennis Associations Championship in Istanbul. She also grabbed a Silver Medal at the London Olympics.
Wozniacki, on the other hand, dropped from the number one spot and ended the season as world number 10. She failed to back-up the good work of 2011 and clinched just two titles at New Haven and Moscow that helped her to close the year amongst the elite Top-10 category of players.

Credit to
http://blogs.bettor.com/Maria-Shara...on-event-due-to-an-injury-Tennis-News-a211083

#517 ·
Wait, this withdrawal has been known for over 24 hours? :rolls: I only just found out. It only just hit GM.

Светльо;22624738 said:
Bailing out from commitments does not feel like Maria, she always gets the job done. Fuck I am already clutching to my hair and screaming WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :sobbing:
This was my first thought too. :unsure: I'm a little worried. I wonder how long a "few days' rest" is.

#518 ·
I have to admit that I'm a little worried myself. Hopefully it won't prevent her from having a successful start of the season. Let's pray! :angel:

#522 ·
Just an excuse me thinks.
I don't think so. If she says she's injured I have no reason not to believe her, especially since she says it's a clavicle injury. That's kinda unusual. If it was just an excuse she probably would have come up with something more common like a cold or food poisoning or something. It's very unlikely that she thought to herself, "you know what? I'll just tell 'em that I have a clavicle problem." It's probably not that serious, but she doesn't want to take any risks, which is perfectly understandable.

#527 ·
Maria said "neck pain" not "clavicle injury". The organizers of the match said "clavicle injury".
Clavicle injury is something serious, not like "neck pain". Who has clavicle injury usually cannot move freely his/her hands. Maria can and you have proof of it (see Xmas photo).
I see. Good thing that it's NOT a clavicle injury then. Still, a neck pain isn't the most common excuse to come up with either, so I think it's legit (not that a more common explanation couldn't be legit as well of course). Let's just hope that next week she feels a 100%. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.