Tennis Forum banner

Florianapolis R1: Tereza Mrdeza (Q) crushes Shahar Peer 6-0 6-3

5K views 69 replies 52 participants last post by  Archer16 
#1 ·
:eek: Tereza :yeah:

#32 ·
in training court her coach actually said: theres no feet, only racket moving.. its impossible to play tennis like that

poor peer.. i hope she gets on track agan

#33 ·
Those 100 free pts she got in Aus holding her rank up :eek:

#36 ·
I can't. :hysteric:

#43 ·
Posters often make the comment 'new low' about bad losses, but this is totally applicable to Shahar Peer in this case - in her good years, she would never have lost to someone outside the top 100, let alone by such a horrendous scoreline. Hard to imagine she was 11 in the world just two years ago, her results have got worse and worse but the decline is getting steeper by the minute. This time last year she was at least capable of winning rounds here and there but has only won one WTA match without a retirement since Wimbledon and has now lost this match to a player who has never even been in the top 150. She has dropped out of the top 100 already so she will need to turn this form around soon to avoid having to qualify for the next grand slams. Is she heading for Rezai or Vaidisova territory? Is this her Stacey Tan moment? You really have to wonder if she has the appetite for tennis any more at this point...

As for Mrdeza, well done to her! Having established herself as a $25k level ITF player and finished the year in the top 200, her results certainly seem to be moving up to another level now - reaching the last round of qualies at the Aus Open and having wins over Konta, Sevastova and Parmentier at Bogota last week, she is now looking to move into the top 150. The way things are going she will be overtaking Peer in the rankings pretty soon....

#67 ·
The only encouraging thing about this thread is that there are still a bit more fair posters than gloaters and haters...

As for the result, I am no longer surprised by anything, and I mean anything.
She said she's ready to play some ITFs, but it's hard to envision her doing anything there either without taking a break and thinking things through...
Posters often make the comment 'new low' about bad losses, but this is totally applicable to Shahar Peer in this case - in her good years, she would never have lost to someone outside the top 100, let alone by such a horrendous scoreline. Hard to imagine she was 11 in the world just two years ago, her results have got worse and worse but the decline is getting steeper by the minute. This time last year she was at least capable of winning rounds here and there but has only won one WTA match without a retirement since Wimbledon and has now lost this match to a player who has never even been in the top 150. She has dropped out of the top 100 already so she will need to turn this form around soon to avoid having to qualify for the next grand slams. Is she heading for Rezai or Vaidisova territory? Is this her Stacey Tan moment? You really have to wonder if she has the appetite for tennis any more at this point...
First name that came to my mind seeing this result.
:lol: at those saying she was a tough player.

she's been getting easy draws her whole career.
Stop spreading lies, you hypocrite :mad:
You weren't saying this two years ago (or six), were you?
Same goes for the French guy who was hogging Shahar's forum when that Latvian kid was "coaching" her to nowhere last year, and now he's obviously rooting against her.

#47 ·
Whoa! That's low even for Peer's standards :tape: Bagelled by someone TF didn't hear of before last year :lol:

#49 ·
Wow. These random losses by Peer don't even surprise me anymore. She's on the edge of retirement.

#50 ·
Sad. Shahar used to be so cool and entertaining player sometimes before. But now she lost her game, as well as self confidence, it seems.

Even participating in MM tournaments doesn't help.

But I believe she should try at least for this year.

#54 ·
How cocky is she?! :lol: Can't win matches in WTAs and thinks about retirement. Dokic, Lucic and co. played ITFs for years despite being much better players than you, maybe you should put your pride aside and actually work your way back into form and not pray one day you'll start winning again. :bigwave:

#55 ·
this is her life were talking about, to go a big step back like that is not an easy thing.. as any other human being she wants to achieve good things in her life and shes not getting any younger.. so if she decides not to put herself into the struggle of playing itfs again and go try something else that makes her feel good and smile, for me thats having self respect and knowing to make the most of your life, not being cocky.. if other people act different, its fine, but shes her own person, with her own feeling and her own way of reacting to things.. from what i get shes struggling a lot emotionally with this situation, very depressed and languished.. so i dont think its fair for you to point the finger and decide, without an inside perspective, that shes being cocky

#62 ·
It always amazes me how common it is for players to have a complete lack of direction or perspective on their career. Shachar needs to go away and think about what she wants to do and then come back with a plan and just give it everything. There is no point playing when you've already decided you're going to lose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.