Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

272K views 5K replies 139 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 ·

Alexandra is a former Top 10 junior who's been left in the dust as her contemporaries, Victoria, Caroline, Aga and Agnes have made their names on the WTA tour.

Now, Alexandra seems to want to make her own noise. She just lost out on winning her 2nd (and by far biggest) title at the 75K hardcourt in Monzon. She is now within the Top 250 and warrants her own cheering thread! :bounce:

See less See more
#2,322 ·
Lost 2-6 3-6

Completely pissed off, not because of the result which was expected, but off the display she gave out there.

Her body language just cries out: 'I have no confidence, let me be your punchbag', a retarded and wild shot selection at times, horrible sense of the court, aka no sense at all, moments of being completely unfocused (at one point she thought the ball would go out, instead it dropped 2 metres in front of the line :spit:), no fighting spirit, messing up several 40-0/40-15, especially in the very last service game the break was NID after wasting 2 GPs and going to deuce.

She is supposed to be a better return player? She didn't get a single BP. Christina served well, but not having any??
She is supposed to have a better backhand? The forehand was the only shot with considerable length today.

And the best, she is together with Dobre again and doesn't think she has to tell that in a f*cking useless interview or comment? Sorry, I'm fed up with her and can't see it getting better soon...

Have a nice summer vacation in Australia! :wavey:

#2,324 ·
I made an effort and watched the second set. Alexandra tried to be more aggressive that she could handle it. She searched to get the lines but she missed many balls and when she did open the court she mostly made silly errors in her coming to the net.
McHale play reminded me of what Alexandra used to play two years ago :)

#2,325 ·
Why didn't you have the balls to come out? :lol:

Yeah, some of those 'volleys' and net attacks where completely fail crested by the ball she got into the face. Made her look even more foolish to be honest...

Yeah, at one point I exactly thought the same! But Christina has a better serve, though! :lol:

#2,327 ·
It was a deluded idea to begin with. I asked Linda, die hard Flavia fan, and she said that whenever Urpi coached another girl along with Flavia, it completely failed: Mirza, Peer and in Schiavone's acse, it nearly destroyed a friendship... :tape:

Flavia will always stay Urpi's priority which is absolutely understandable, not every player can live with that + it wouldn't also go well with her schedule. Why did she just enter the biggest events? Because Flavia was playing them too and more successful of course... :shrug:

Imagine her Miami points come off, then she can go back to challengers. This wouldn't have been possible with Urpi...

#2,328 ·
Sidney premier Q

(1/wc)Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Erika Sema (JPN) v Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Iryna Bremond (FRA) v Anastasija Sevastova (LAT)
Monique Adamczak (AUS) v (10)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU)

No excuse if she doesn't win at least first match. I couldn't figure her so low :)

#2,336 ·
Giulio, you didn't see that mess against McHale

This was bullshite, seriously. She doesn't have a weapon anymore, really, only those loopy forehands to the baseline... :facepalm:

No accuracy, no game plan, no backhand, no forehand, no timing, no second serve, no return... :sobbing:

#2,341 ·
She's been trying to change the style of game from a opportunistic - defensive one for at one more offensive in order (at least is what I think) to have better results on fast courts. But, here in Romania we have an phrase: "The enemy of good is better" .

#2,349 ·
(10)Alexandra Dulgheru def. Andreja Klepac 6-4 6-4

Had SP in the first at 5-3*, messed it up and even had to save the very first BP at 5*-4
Had 2 SPs at 5-2* in the second, wasted, of course got broken on Klepac's only BP in the second set.

Whatever, return game must be truely awful, only 37% points won on Andreja's second serve, seriously?
Her own serve has been quite decent, though, only got broken once in the whole match.

Arvidsson next who steamrolled Kirilenko, but she shouldn't be too afraid because Kirilenko's performances here are questionable, though...

Q-spots in the draw suck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.