• R.Vinci

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(tell who)

Votes: 2 20.0%

Double partner for Alize in 2010?

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  améliemomo 
#1 ·
Hi alize fans,

as you know, alize had a very bad year in 2009,dropping far in the ranking(50) and losing what made her succesful: The Rythme and Consistency.
I think she must ake the lessons of her 2009 experience to try change her game and make it evolve in the right way. She must improve her net game so she has to play double.

OK she must play double but with who?

here are the confirmed one for 2010:

Black/Huber
Williams/Williams
Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez
Kleybanova/Schiavone
Peschke/Srebotnik
Domachowska/Pin
Coin/Pelletier
Groenefeld/Schnyder
Safarova/Wozniak
Raymond/Stubbs
Medina Garrigues/Wozniacki

I have some names in mind but dont know if alize will chose one of them:p

#Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Ranked: 41. Alize already played in Beijing 2008 with her.They reached he quarter finale.

#Yaroslava Shvedova

Ranked: 53. She's a good double player. Powerful serve and strokes.

#Iveta Benesova
Ranked: 39
She s a good double player and a lefty.Good to be with an experienced player.

#Agnes Szavay
Ranked: 40
she's very talented player who likes playing doubles. I think she's actually a friend of her on the tour.

#Sabine Lisicki

Ranked: 23. She's very talented newcomer, I think her powerful groudstrokes can suit to alize more "spined" game.

#Carla Suarez Navarro
Ranked: 34
I just love her game,especially her one handed backhand,she's got talent at the net too.

#Melinda Czink
Ranked: 38
she improved a lot in 2009,she's also a lefty so its an advantage imo to mix it up.

#Vera Dushevina

Ranked: 44. She's good and talented too.

#Roberta Vinci
Ranked: 64
I appreciae this player cause she's special. Just :hearts: her slice backhand. She should teach it to alize lol.

Well the best would be to play with big server such as Sam Stosur but I m sure the australian will pair up another one. Lisicki is a great partner too imo.Always very positive so it could be a good thing for alize.

See less See more
#4 ·
I didnt tell about timea cause I read that she s planning to play with tatiana garbin next year so:eek:

and yes you're right playing double has a part of fun but its also a big place to make improvement in your game, serve,returns and net skills.
It is important to chose a good partner with hom you ll be able to mix work and fun.
Timea is a good friend of alize but she's not the best double partner for her cause they have quite a "similar" game.

Perhaps she needs someone completely different from her style of play like Sabine or Nastya. Or a more experienced player like Benesova,Czink or Vinci.
I think she must be more commited in playing doubles cause it will help her to make her game evolve.She must make the best choice imo.:drink:

#6 · (Edited)
yes AMG is good for sure but she can form a good team with any of these girls.
I chose Lisicki cause she has many qualities and is very positive on the court.She's powerful too with a big serve.Seems cool too, she s one year older than alize.

Or Roberta Vinci: she's got a very interisting game, different from alize,got the experience. I think alize can learn a lot from her.Her tactics are good too.

She must pair up with someone she feels comfortable with and effective.

ps: thanks I like this avy made by louisa, oh and my name is Amira;)

#8 ·
of course!amelie has so many net skills, the best volleyeur of the tour with great touch but unfortunetly for us, her fans, we have NO NEWS about what she plans for next year. We dont know if she keep playing or not:banghead:
that's why I didnt put her in the list.But yeah amelie is the best double partner for alize for the tour but especially for fed cup
It would be so great to see them playing together;)

#9 ·
Hey :wavey:

I was talking about Alize with a friend yesterday, and I just changed my mind about Lisicki. You know, she is always injured :weirdo: so I dont think she would be a good partner anymore, I mean I like her a lot, and her game would help alize a lot, but dont know if it would be a good choice, she could break alize´s rythm in doubles, and if she is in risk of an injury she is gonna withdraw from doubles (singles is more important for her i guess)
And as Amira said, Alize will probably play Fed Cup doubles so I think it´ll be a french player, and amelie usually plays with Sveta so maybe Parmentier :shrug:
I dont know, just wondering

#11 ·
yes you're right about lisicki, shes been injured A LOT in her young career already.Her game is so intense , she hits the ball so hard and hope for her she ll find a way to "protect" her body a little bit better .
I like her because of her positive attitude, even if she's injured or losing her game, she manage to stay posiive and focus.She s got a good spirit imo and I think she can be very good as a double partner.
As for amelie, that's right that she's playing with sveta usually and you re right the best would be to pair up with amé but not sure she s gonna play a lot of doubles next year.Perhaps(I HOPE) she ll keep playing and I think she'll focus hardly on the singles.
Parmentier is ranked very far now,she outside the top100 and playing mostly ITF tournaments. And to be honest if I have an advise I would say alize not chose her as a double partner. I saw her results and that's not so good...
Hi Mr Joyful:wavey: Didnt timea pair up with tatiana garbin already and was successful in tournament with her?
Would be good for alize to play with an experienced player but in fact she will have to chose many partners in the case the main one is not playing the same tournament or cant play. Alternate partners in fact.

Its a tough choice to make for the fed cup captain who will have to chose the players who will play double during the tie. French players dont play much double(razzano,rezai). Tough to say if alize will be chosen to play the single or the double. She's now the fourth best player now:eek: but everything can happen for next year.
Just hope she ll get back to where she was before getting injured and falling into a crappy slump.
She HAS TO make her game evolve imo so she must play doubles as much as she can.

#10 ·
Alizé should play with Tathiana Garbin. They could become quite succesful together, but I think she'll rather play with Timi or YOulia Fedossova, two of her best friends on tourè

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.