Tennis Forum banner

Which pro does your game compare most to?

69K views 371 replies 176 participants last post by  Spirited Away 
#1 ·
Ive just been watching Hercog and noticed I play a lot like her aside from her use of the double backhand. Big forehand, good use of the slice to move them around and mix it up, particularly the slice dtl and moving in. Like I said though difference is If I hit my backhand flat its one handed.

#219 ·
Unfortunately my game is really like Wozniacki's. I want to be more agressive but for now I am not. Here and there I can hit really beautiful winner but that's it. Oh and of course. My serve is like Errani's. It's very slow, but I don't really have problems with DF's.

#220 ·
Sharapova all the way. Same forehand (both normal and loopy) and backhand technique, a pretty high ball toss, loads of DFs :oh: and I'm not that great at volleying in singles. I tend to hit more slice on defense though, but I'm mostly a ball basher :angel:

#224 ·
Sjeng Schalken :lol: Old-school, I know.

When I was learning it was on purpose but now it's just instinctual. Over time I've learned to generate a decent amount of topspin when I need to with my Eastern forehand, though. I'm glad I never let my first coach talk me into westernizing my grip or switching to a two-hander...my game tends to throw a lot of people off :devil:

#233 ·
my ball toss is like sania mirza's.....high and hopeful for the ball to come down in the spot i want it to......

striking the serve and finishing the follow through is like sampras's - trying to get on top of the tossed up ball and bang right on its head using my strong right shoulder......i don't comprimise on my second serve and hit a good amount of double faults......

my forehand is my greatest strength......i hit my forehand like gonzalez, mostly open stance......i never miss off this wing......i can rely on this one shot any day.....

my backhand is a bit of a weakness.....it is a single hander......i copied henin initially and hate to say this but my friends said i hit more like federer when i hit a backhand......i mean that cross follow through to the right opening my chest......after their comments i tried to convert to double handed but the switch just din't feel natural......so i am continuing as a single hander......

i volley very little but whenever i do i try to do it like pirru, i mean those snap volleys she hits holding the racquet upwards in the direction of sky and bends to make good contact beside her right ear......

#235 ·
Like I have already said in this thread the best comparison for my game are - unfortunately - Wozniacki and Errani. :rolleyes:

Serve defenitely Errani like, other is pretty similar of Wozniacki play. And not 2009-11 but this year woz. It sucks when you play like your least favourite but I can't avoid the truth. :angel:

I'm not a superb defender, but I return a lot balls back and opponent often make an UE soon. I run for every ball and I don't hit a lot of winners. Besides my balls are often high (without top spin)and I can barely hit flat shot.

To me is interesting to see how many of you are saying that your game is similar to play of your faves. Did you start playing before knowing this players and became fans becouse similar play or what? I would like to play Masha game style but my game it's not even close to be similar. :lol:

Although my forehand is improving and I try to play tactically I still suck. I want my game to become at least more similiar to Radwanska (although I don't like her), Clijsters, Halep. I never will be a ball basher almost for sure. :)

#270 ·
after several months rehabing the elbow and finally finding a frame and string combination that allow me to play without pain I've finally settled into an aggressive playing style that allows me to use spin to set up the point then go for the kill with flatter strokes.

The closest you tube clip of a player using the same strategy, spin, and shot selection I could find would be the one above of Kaia Kanepi. Aside from her service stance prior to the toss, we're pretty damn close on shot selection, court position, and the amount of power or spin being put on the ball.

Anytime I feel weary about my game, I watch this clip and remind myself that aggressive doesn't have to be brainless, it can be smart and powerful too.

#237 ·
my serve is Vesnina like, but i am very poor at serving, especially my 2nd serve is nonexistant...I make lots of DF´s

forehand is Hantuchova like but it is very inconsistent, backhand is my strentgh, it is Sharapova like and i love playing backhand, i am very confident with that shot, it is also very deep and fast, really tough to play back

movement is my weakest part of the game, i am horrible in that, i am very slow and careful therefore i hate playing against fast opponents so i have to hit ball very hard to make winners, i am like the most brainless ballbasher :lol:

#239 ·
Ivanovic. Basically a classic club player. :lol:

I will always regret learning to serve by copying Venus. So much movement. Hard to time. Gotta fix it.

#245 ·
Niculescu,I can`t hit a regular shot with forehand,can just slice with forehand,but I don like backhand slice unless I have to..

#246 ·
I'm the slow, bald, ugly, male version of Larsson. I have a loopy forehand, a serve that is either completely on or completely off and my backhand is as grotesque to watch as it is hopeless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.