Tennis Forum banner

Akiko Omae & Misa Eguchi Support Thread

7K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  martin white 
#1 ·
Akiko and Misa are now making their ways nicely up the rankings, time the Japanese youngsters got some support :bounce:

Akiko left, Misa right :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Great decision to start a thread! :D
Misa has improved so much this year, I'm quite surprised.

Some pictures of the two from Bangkok:

#5 ·
(7)Misa Eguchi (JPN) d. Constance Sibille (FRA) 64 46 76(10)

I wonder if she saved any match points in that final set tiebreak. :scratch:

Hopefully she won't be too tired tomorrow.

#9 ·
Garbine ended up winning Caceres, so a nice effort from Misa last week.

La Coruna
R1 - Akiko Omae (JPN) vs (Q)
R1 - Misa Eguchi (JPN) vs (4) Alize Lim (FRA)

Tough opener for Misa. :scared:

#11 ·
Misa :woohoo:

I'm so surprised at her improvement this year, the last few years she had pretty poor results. I'm not complaining though. :hug:

#12 ·
Vigo QR2
Marina GIRAL LORES (VEN) defeated Akiko OMAE (JPN) (1) 6-2 2-6 6-4

This trip to Spain has been pretty disappointing for Akiko :(

#13 · (Edited)
Vigo R1
(4)Naomi Broady (GBR) v Misa Eguchi (JPN)

Quite a tough one for Misa. However, Naomi lost in straights to Garbine Muguraza-Blanco in Wrexham last week who beat Misa in three sets the week before. :shrug:

Good luck Misa :hug: :D

#16 ·
Vigo R2
Misa Eguchi (JPN) d. Aranza Salut (ARG) 62 57 61

Now plays Koehler, who double bagelled her opponent today. :scared:

#19 ·
Vigo Quarter Final
Misa EGUCHI (JPN) defeated Maria Joao KOEHLER (POR) (6) 7-6(5) 6-4

Wow :eek: Next up is Iryna Bremond. Very likely the road will come to an end, but a great experience it will be for Misa to play a player of that calibre. I think she's the highest player Misa might have ever played?

#20 ·
Vigo Semi Final
(1) Iryna Bremond (FRA) def. Misa Eguchi (JPN) 7-5 6-3

A pretty encouraging scoreline I think. Best of luck wherever Misa plays next, I can't believe how much she has improved!

#21 ·
Fantastic week for Misa :) She has played a lot of tennis lately, so I hope she has time off and can be 100% in form for the busy fall Asian season. I have no idea what a good year end ranking goal could be for Misa? 250? Its crazy how realistic that seems considering where she started the year :lol:

#22 ·
I agree :D Top 250 seems quite feasible at the moment. This Autumn will be interesting for Misa, hopefully she can combine some of the WTA qualifying events in Asia as well as the Asian Challengers which will help boost her ranking even more.

It's a pity Akiko's Spanish tour didn't go as well. But she still has plenty of time and just needs to work on her consistency.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.