Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

314K views 5K replies 151 participants last post by  oh yeah i guess 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#35 ·
Honestly, she played great in that tournament, but you could still see some signs of her struggles in the early part of the year. Serving has been better recently but she actually only won 52% of serving points against Masha. Even in the first set, which she won 6-1, she only won 56% of serving points. However she was able to keep Masha to only 41% on her own serve. So her returning saved her. And the DF to lose the BP at 5-3, as well as the run from 4-0 to 4-3 all reminded me of her struggles in the early part of the year. There are still some issues, particularly under pressure and holding serve. She just returned so well and rallied so well that it was hard to notice. She didn't have to serve under pressure in these recent matches because she played so well in other aspects. I still find her serving under pressure very questionable. It's important to note that she didn't have to serve the match out.

However, that was still the best I've seen from her in a long while.

The issue I have with Vika is that she seems to get tired and/or injured after playing well. We'll see if she can sustain this form into the coming tournaments.

#48 ·
Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pista Central (from 12.00hrs)
1. Iveta Benesova vs. Anabel Medina Garrigues
2. Victoria Azarenka vs. Arantxa Parra Santonja
3. Dinara Safina vs. Tsvetana Pironkova
4. Agnes Szavay vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova

Pista 1 (from 12.00hrs)
1. Klara Zakopalova vs. Lourdes Domínguez Lino
2. Kristina Barrois vs. Sara Errani
3. Brianti/Védy vs. Camerin/Cirstea
4. Barrois/Woehr vs. Domínguez Lino/Pous-Tio

Good luck Vika. :hearts:

#52 ·
Amazing Miami title :worship:
I got to see her SF and F matches in Miami :cool:
GL in Marbella! :cheer:

#58 · (Edited)
^^ Great start and stats. :yeah: Vika is confident so I wonder how far will she be able to stretch that streak !!? :oh: :lol:

BTW in talking about streaks she never won a title on clay... she made 2 finals and her last in 2007 and almost 4yrs.

Hopefully it must have to end sooner from now.

#60 · (Edited)
Her serve percentages! :eek:
Very solid match on the dirt after Miami.

I hope she has a good week here in Marbella, I really want her to do well this clay season and Marbella is a good tournament for her to attempt to win her first clay title. If she does, or goes deep in the event, she should consider pulling out of Stuttgart although it's been brought to my attention that its clay would be more beneficial for her game.

#62 ·
On paper she'll play Marbella-Fed Cup-Stuttgart-Madrid-Rome.
That's a lot of tennis, I really hope her body is able to hold up. And she only gets a long break again after Wimbledon (unless she gets injured, which I sincerely hope doesn't happen of course) so she could be tired as fuck by the time FO or the grass season starts. :scared:

#67 ·
I agree, she should definitely consider withdrawing from Stuttgart if she goes deep in this event. Maybe even if she doesn't go far here in Marbella too.
Also, I hope the Palace of Sports in Minsk will be hosting a clay court for the Fed Cup tie but when Vika and Caro played that exho there last year it was hardcourt or something like carpet. :unsure:

#68 ·
Pista Central (from 12.00hrs)
1. Alexandra Dulgheru vs. Anabel Medina Garrigues
2. Victoria Azarenka vs. Laura Pous-Tio
3. Sandra Zahlavova vs. Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino
4. Irina-Camelia Begu vs. Estrella Cabeza Candela

About the same time again..this time I will wake up :) Go Vika!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.