Tennis Forum banner

Alize 2010 season

49K views 874 replies 42 participants last post by  Alizé Molik 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, so here we go, this is 2010, a new season going to start for alize:)

I create this thread to cheer for our girl, talking about her tournaments, results, improvement during this 2010 season.
So please, make some noise,she will need all our support

Vamos Alize!:bounce::bounce:

#782 ·
think the same as you,

that means she wont do anything big in that sport cause she doesnt understand what it cost to play at the highest level.
What sacrifice a player must make to succeed.
Look at wozniacki who is the same generation as her, she's 2 and is 100% involved in tennis.ONLY tennis.No boyfriend,no time for that.

Cornet is not the same kind of player.If she can come back to the top30 it would be a miracle.She's so disappointing cause she has potential and doesnt fullfil it.So yeah she'll stay with her diver coach of boyfriend

No hope anymore towards her but curious to know who she will pick to be her new coach.It cant be worst than what she's showing lately.:rolleyes:

#787 ·
Yeah she never was the same since march of 2009.

I dont recognize her today.Like if all her fighting qualities disappeared with her tennis.
If she's in that slump today it is because she made bad choices in a period when her career need to put more work to keep improving.
In fact she missed the good wagon of success. Perhaps the train will pass again but she has to make things the right way or she's done.
And her love relationship with the diver is NOT a good thing.

Pure truth.Like it or not.

#788 ·
It´s interesting how women players are more affected by the fact of having a boyfriend than the other way around
Look at the ATP top, all of them with stable relationships: Federer, Nadal (since 16 years old :eek:, Djokovic, Murray, Roddick etc etc) and that doesnt seem to disturb their level of play at all

#789 ·
eh oh knock knock!Men are not made like Women, if it was the case it would be anarchy!:lol:
dont you know that "men came from Mars and women from Venus":p

it's funny cause they are also discussing that on GM with the example of Ivanovic who dropped her boyfriend and then Miracle!
she started to play excellent tennis again!:crazy:

women are too involved emotionaly if compared to men. Men dont act the same way.They know how to make a separation between love and professional life. They are better in doing that.It must be genetic lol
in fact it depends of someone nature.

#792 · (Edited)
women are too involved emotionaly if compared to men. Men dont act the same way.They know how to make a separation between love and professional life. They are better in doing that.It must be genetic lol
in fact it depends of someone nature.
In general, yes Amira, men can separate these things better, but as you say it depends on the person's nature. If I remember correctly Andrei Medvedev couldn't handle it at all when he broke up with Anke Huber, I think when they were together he played great then when they broke up he couldn't play well at all. I think in general though the gf's tend to be good at playing supporting roles, they don't distract them so much as support them. And they won't let their guy waste his talent.

The fact is her fall began after the Australian Open 2009, when she said in an interview that she 'll drop mixed doubles (she was partnering Ricardo Mello there) because she wants to see her boyfriend in USA.:tape::help:
it was the beginning of the end then.Yes she's too much into it and it's her main problem.Not involved enough in tennis despite what she thinks.
I did not remember this :eek:. What is that, who pulls out of a slam (even mixed) to see a boyfriend? That was a bad sign. The boyfriend shouldn't have let her do that. I remember the heartbreaking loss to Dinara though. I've got a mental image of Alize kneeling on the court completely exhausted during that match.

hahaha aww I feel sorry for the boy now :lol: I highly doubt she'll dump him for her tennis though. They are totally into each other.

Personally I don't like to get involved in commenting about tennis player's personal lives as it is none of my business. But yeah, her tennis career is in a big shit (excuse my language) atm so something needs to change. Lets see if the new coach can fix it.
The interesting thing is I have actually seen a number of girls who played better in relationships, but I think this was mostly later in life and the guy ended up marrying them usually. I also think these were guys who were thinking for the girl's sake and wouldn't let them waste their abilities. Didn't Sandrine Testud play well after getting married? But then he was her coach (although I think she told him when they got married that he couldn't be her husband and coach at the same time, so he stopped coaching her). It's not a problem for people with enough maturity, and it can definitely help, especially if the bf thinks her tennis is very important. Such a bf can actually help a player stay focused on tennis. He can support her tennis. Even though it's worrying to me that Alize hasn't had a proper coach for 2 months, the fact that her bf is coaching her now is oddly not entirely negative. At least it suggests he wants to support her tennis now. But she definitely needs to get a real coach.

I don't think she necessarily has to break up with the boy to regain her focus on tennis. She just has to prioritise her tennis. She has to decide that the way she's playing now is unacceptable and then decide to do something about it. A new coach can definitely help her with things like her serve and backhand, but I think she needs to find a new attitude, a new positive mental approach to her tennis. She probably has to find that inside of herself.

@Howard omfg the last test. Demolition. :timebomb:
Yeah the Ferns did very well in that one, but the Aussies outplayed the Ferns in the last one though, in the last quarter. I'm looking forward to the Commonwealth games, hopefully with Aus and NZ in the final, there should be some fireworks.

#790 ·
Her pb is the lack of coach and lack of work on her game, not that she has a bf. Especially if their relationship is working and lasting. Blaming the bf or gf of a playedr for their lack of results is often pointless anyway. She needs to fix her game. Better for her if she has love outside the court, that can't hurt.

#791 ·
sorry but all these things(work,coach,private life) are linked.

Even Steffi Graff said it that having a bf is not something good for a career in general.
Especially when you're young and building your game.Alize lost herself and having a boyfriend made it even worse to find it back.
Tennis needs 100% of investissement. You cant let yourself getting involved in something else unless you're mature.

And alize is NOT mature.

#793 ·
$100,000 Biella (ITA) 2010
Singles Main Draw

(4)Alize Cornet (FRA) v Mathilde Johansson (FRA) :lol:
Sharon Fichman (CAN) v Liana-Gabriela Ungur (ROU)

Marta Domachowska (POL) v Q
(7)Patricia Mayr (AUT) v Tatjana Malek (GER)

#798 ·
she wont make it that far as she lost 2 and 2 to mathilde GOAT Johansson in first round.

No fed up with her.She was awful.No serve,no forehand,no backhand, no fight, NOTHING in that match.
Absolutly disgusting to watch.
Dont know why she bothers playing ITF, she doesnt have the level for them. Better skip the rest of the year and go train hard with another coach.
dont know if the new coach will be able to take something good from her since she sucks.
The former alize is dead.Today we have a ghost.

#803 ·
Looking at the match dos Santos posted (well, it's not very clear, but I can still tell what's happening in the match), or at least the second set, it seems that Mathilde was the one attacking almost all the time. Alize was far too passive, but Mathilde was hitting the ball very aggressively and cleanly.

Even though Mathilde played well, it seemed that Alize was playing without any weapons whatsoever. Mathilde had nothing to fear from her, because Alize wasn't doing anything with the ball except keeping it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.