Tennis Forum banner

Jill Craybas

158K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I figured I'd make a cheering thread for Jill! She's one cool lady...

I hope she can defend most of her quarterfinalist points this year at the Nasdaq-100!

She just defeated Razzano 46 63 62. Well done Jill!

Reactions: ae wowww
#3,062 ·
Julia in her blog on Saturday:

"Our doubles was very good today. We played solid and we were there in the important moments. In the second set we had one not-so-good game, but we came back and broke them at the end to finish it in two sets. We're getting better and better as the tournament goes on, which is good to see. We're going to have a tough final tomorrow though, as Petra and Anna are very good players and a good team. We'll enjoy it; the better team will win!

Jill and I are a little tired tonight and don't want to go anywhere, so we will just stay at the hotel, have dinner and then watch soccer, probably!

We do hang out most of the time after matches as we are a team and friends too. We enjoy our time together. We don't do anything specific every time."

How will you celebrate if you and Jill win the tournament? And if Germany wins Euro 2012? Doug, USA
We would be pretty happy if we win our first title together here. It's always special to have a title with your best friend, so I hope we're going to make it tomorrow ;-) We can't celebrate long though, as Jill has to go to Wimbledon qualies and we will be driving back to Germany - I hope we make it before Germany's soccer game ;-)

#3,063 ·
And today: :)

"It was a very good doubles final today against Anna and Petra. After a slow start for both teams, the quality went up a lot. We probably should have won the first set - we had 40-0 or 40-15 like four times on our and their serves and didn't make them. Then they had the better tie-breaker and we had to fight back into the match! In the match tie-breaker it's always a bit about luck, but we played the important points better, even though my backhand down the line when we were up 9-8 was only out about two centimeters - but it was the right shot. In the end we were able to beat Anna and Petra, 67(4) 64 119.

From 9-9 we played two really good points, which ended with a return winner for Jilly-Billy ;)))) I just said to Jilly at 10-9 "Go for it Jilly" and she went for it with that return, so it was good coaching ;)))

We just tried to stay focused and enjoy our time on the court together.

We were very happy and did some photos but then we left directly. Jill went to the airport and we are on our way back to Germany by car! So we will have to celebrate when we get to Wimbledon, for sure :) I will fly to Wimbledon on Tuesday morning to have almost a full week of practice on grass there."

#3,064 ·
Congratulations Jill!!! This made my Father's Day!

#3,072 ·
Jill :hug:

Julia and Jill's half in Wimbledon:

(8) Iveta Benesova/ Barbora Zahlavova Strycova v Vania King/ Yasmin Schnack
Janette Husarova/ Ksenia Pervak v Olga Govortsova/ Mandy Minella
Andreja Klepac/ Anastasia Rodionova v Jill Craybas/ Julia Goerges
Hao-Ching Chan/ Yung-Jan Chan v (9) Nuria Llagostera Vives/ Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez

(15) Irina-Camelia Begu/ Monica Niculescu v Elena Baltacha/ Anne Keothavong
Su-Wei Hsieh/ Sabine Lisicki v Laura Robson/ Heather Watson
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova/ Lucie Safarova v Flavia Pennetta/ Francesca Schiavone
Naomi Broady/ Johanna Konta v (3) Kveta Peschke/ Katarina Srebotnik

(6) Andrea Hlavackova/ Lucie Hradecka v Kimiko Date-Krumm/ Rika Fujiwara
Mona Barthel/ Angelique Kerber v Dominika Cibulkova/ Daniela Hantuchova
Lindsay Lee-Waters/ Megan Moulton-Levy v Lourdes Dominguez Lino/ Carla Suarez Navarro
Alexandra Panova/ Shuai Zhang v (11) Natalie Grandin/ Vladimira Uhlirova

(14) Gisela Dulko/ Paola Suarez v Irina Falconi/ Chanelle Scheepers
Shahar Peer/ Yanina Wickmayer v Agnieszka Radwanska/ Urszula Radwanska
Christina McHale/ Tamira Paszek v Alize Cornet/ Pauline Parmentier
Eva Birnerova/ Petra Cetkovska v (2) Sara Errani/ Roberta Vinci

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.