Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Vekic

464K views 5K replies 122 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
I know it's very early for a thread, but time will tell. Judging by this article:

http://www.glas-slavonije.hr/vijest.asp?rub=6&ID_VIJESTI=119156

she could be really something. 13 y.o. and already in an IMG London Academy, made it to slam junior qualies in just a few months on the circuit etc. Hope she's a future star.

#3,823 ·
Good draw for Donna.;) She lost to Aga Radwanska in Fed Cup, so I hope she can beat Ula Radwanska here.:lol: If she can play against Kirilenko, it will be nothing to lose for her. Come on:angel:

#3,824 ·
I smell the struggle here in Monterrey, you never know about Julia Cohen, she's everywhere and showed some brilliance occasionally this year, Maria Sanchez could cause trouble too, Radwanska has been recovering pretty well since losing to Ana in Fed Cup (thank you Ana :lol:)

I really don't see anything outright favors Donna here

#3,839 ·
I was following Ula after Ana beat her in Fed Cup and she was playing really good. R16 of strong Premier 5&M tournaments in Doha and Miami with regular wins over top 100 players and two top 20 wins (Vinci and Stephens). She was stopped only by Serena and Vika on those tournaments (and later by Ivanovic in Miami). But in R1 she struggeld against Maria Sanchez (WTA-112th) and won only after 3 sets so maybe it is good sign for Donna. Anyway, good luck! :)

#3,840 ·
I know, Ula actually seems to be in good form this year, despite the fed cup lapsus (she also lost her match in the tie with Israel I believe) but maybe she developped a complex over Croats or something :devil: :lol: Wishful thinking aside, Radwanska is the favorite, but Donna should not be afraid of taking the chances she gets:)

#3,845 ·
:cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.