Tennis Forum banner

The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

101K views 1K replies 32 participants last post by  Mathijs 
#1 ·
Welcome to The new SS Dementieva thread, her new role and her new adventures.
Lena is still very much with us and always will be, playing or otherwise, she needs her fans now as much as ever as she undertakes a new chapter in her life.
One day, we may also be needed in action again too, but until then, heres where Lenas dedicated band of followers can come home to, as does the wonderful Lena herself.

Crew, please take up your positions.
Lenas going to be a busy girl in the comming months, so will we..

Refits will start shortly.

#221 ·
pfff i hope the other crew can find us, since we have been removed to blast from the past ;)

#226 ·
You cant even find the poxy thing buried here, you have to click about half a dozen links.
Edem still gets and always will get a lot of posts, so for gods sake Mods, do something useful and move it back where it belongs, at least the SS Dementieva thread if nothing else.

Or I will have to start ANOTHER new one over in RR and I will continue doing that until you leave it alone.

#227 ·
..Most likely it gets you banned..
Personally I'd rather have you here. I know it is a bit hard to swallow, but in all fairness the mods are right as the BGO is retired (for now?). Besides, I doubt there is a fan who cannot find Edem in here (we're all smart aren't we? The choice of our favorite proves that...)
I agree it is a couple of clicks away, but you can always add Edem to your browser's favorites. I do.

#228 ·
I just cant stand others dictating where it goes etc, it was doing no harm where it was..

Still...
This site has never been about the posters anyways.

cant be bothered to get banned right now, its too much hard work.. :lol:

#229 ·
well they ended up closing it.

I really don´t understand why the fans club thread was moved here.

like Goldie said, the Kounikova and Miskina thread are still there and they haven´t played in ages

they should move it back to RR

#231 ·
Well,HERE we are....as long as Elena can find her way on board,that's all that matters,I suppose:angel:...most of those cheesedicks in the regular players' forum didn't appreciate her when she was playing,anyway.....Just wondering:If we throw a group of mods overboard...and they're eaten by a pack of hungry sharks...is there any seafaring law against that??:devil:

Reactions: za091021
#236 ·
I had subscribed to this thread anyway guys, so I would have found it easily :lol:

#245 ·
Well,I feel that Tarpischev's newest press comments should be added to our promotional blurb on Elena's personal appearance tour...and it ups our asking price:devil:....He basically confirmed what we've known for years...that is,Elena's patriotic value as the national leader of the most dominant,gorgeous country in Women's Tennis:cool:

#246 ·
I kinda'like those patriotslike Shamil. Darn, they should give the man a statue for all he does for Russian Tennis!!! What a difference with that a$$-lickin' WTA-sister Alaster!! Now she's lost her fav' "petsisters", she problably thinks she's in the "Wild West". With some Awards she calls in the "belgians" as a pair of "hired hands" to eliminate all that could be a threat from the East. Must protect at all cost the "golden Den-Polish"-girl don't we? All those corrupt, rigged "little games" make me puke!! Wonder how Oz-mate Tiley will "arrange" his AO-draw in that context?

#247 ·
Ultimately,I'd say that Elena PERSONIFIED class for old-fashioned Russians who respect old-school values...but not just for Russians cuz we've seen all the comments of admiration from players who come from other countries....I don't recall the same degree of praise even for other morally-decent gals such as Davenport or Clijsters when they retired.

In contrast with Elena's Olympic Slam championship,there are other Russian players who've won the more traditional Slam events...and yet none of them represent the country so splendidly or command such loyalty as Lena does.When she led the Russian sweep on the podium in Beijing,it was an unforgettable moment for Russia and for tennis fans worldwide:cool:

#249 ·
We are now going for a main engine restart after a major rebuild.
Fuel Oil valves are open, compressed air cylinders charged...

Here we go...

*The lights dim, a heavy groaning is heard and after a few tense moments, The SS Dementievas mighty heart comes to life....

#250 ·
Thought I'd never hear the sound again. Drydock's no place for this old girl...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.