WWW?

• Peak Ivanovic

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • Peak Sharapova

Votes: 73 66.4%

Peak Ivanovic vs. Peak Sharapova

10K views 69 replies 41 participants last post by  Tag 
#1 ·
So :oh: These two met when Sharapova was playing lights out tennis at AO 2008. The best tennis she had played since fall 2006. It was her Peak. Ivanoic playing grea tennis herself that Austrailian season was the only player to make a competitive match against Sharapova losing 5-7, 3-6 in the final before she went on to play even better tennis that half of the year.

Who wins this Peak vs. Peak match:
Ivanoic at her Peak had a serve to match Sharapova's and a much much better forehand. Sharapova has the superior backhand by far but Ivanovic has much better movement. I think Ivanovic' frst strike tennis when her forehand was on was deadlier, she waits maybe 2 shots before going for a winner and runs around her backhand superbly. Sharapova can hit through the court better on both sides though.​
Discuss.​

VERSUS

WHO. WILL. WIN.

See less See more
#45 ·
On clay Ana would drub Sharapova. Grass, Sharapova would destroy Ana. On other surfaces, I think it could be somewhat competitive but Sharapova is just the better player.

#50 ·
Ivanovic's fh is grossly overrated on this board cos nobody knows a thing about tennis lol I mean she's good if she has time to smack it, but rob her of time and her fh becomes a hot mess because of the large backswing she has on it.

#52 ·
Peak Anci would easily trash that Shrieking Razor even playing her best.
Two things that separates these two: Serve and Forehand.
Peak Ana hits winners from her forehand side left and right and a serve as a weapon plays a major part.
Didn't she hit like 125 mp/h serve in 2008?
Whereas Peak Martha has her ups and down. I've never seen her playing a whole match at her best without a short slump moment, I mean you never know if she's gonna hit an ace or a df. She's too inconsistent.

#57 ·
Two things that separates these two: Serve and Forehand.
Peak Ana hits winners from her forehand side left and right and a serve as a weapon plays a major part.
Didn't she hit like 125 mp/h serve in 2008?
I realize you're a stupid troll who doesn't really believe what he's saying but peak Maria also hits winners from her forehand left and right AND from her backhand, you do the math ;)

And peak Ana'a serve is not not better than Maria's by any stretch of the imagination, in fact her second serve is weaker.

#54 ·
Anci never beat Sharapova outside clay . She never won a set on hard court (I don't take into account vs severely injured Masha)

#55 ·
Hmm...

Sharapova
80.5% win rate (472-115)
27 titles
4 slams

Ivanovic
70% win rate (336-150)
11 titles
1 slam

Peak Pova's presence alone will defeat Ana in whatever form she appears. The only chance Ana had to win against her was clay, and now that we have Claypova, she's got zero chances of winning anywhere.

Peak
Return
Pova >>>>>>> Ana
Serve
Pova > Ana
Forehand
Ana > Maria
Backhand
Maria >>>>>>> Ana
Mental strength (or the willingness to refuse to simply f****ing lose and die)
Maria >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ana
Movement
Maria = Ana

Ana's FH is waaayyyy more overrated than Sharapova as a whole back in 2004-2006. The only thing Ana does miraculously with her FH is the ability to hit it very early and do a powerful inside-out like Graf. Pova can easily match or outpace with her own FH, and the angles she creates with her FH is better than Ana's. Only problem with Pova's FH was that it was unreliable as f**k and prone to breaking down. Unfortunately we're talking about "peak" here and reliability shouldn't be an issue.

Comparing Ana Ivanovic to Maria Sharapova is like comparing Maria Sharapova to Serena Williams. It's a hopeless battle.

#64 ·
It's incorrect to say that she hasn't peaked yet, but she never actually peaked because when she was on her best there was some room for improving, but instead of that she got worse. The same could be said for Maria because she got injured when she was at her best. And the same could be said for 99% of players because there are very few players who maximized their potential.

#66 ·
The only surface this is an interesting topic is clay, so the title should be changed to on clay, as that is the only surface worth debating. On any other surface it is Maria in straight sets every single time, with the best Ana managing being the odd 7-5 or 7-6 set, and is pure trolling to even bring up as a serious attempt of a topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.